“Empty bar bad service ”

Oak Tavern at the Marriott at Capitol Hill
Ranked #40 of 127 Restaurants in Prattville
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Sitting at the bar being waited on by Jasmine and watched as someone came up after us to get served and not charged and then ignored until we pushed to get an order of drinks in. Helps make our decision of where we would go go for dinner and drinks the next few nights here even though we are staying at the hotel. Not a greeting or any sort of engagement. Maybe they think they are the only game in town.

Date of visit: April 2017
GenManagerPrattville, General Manager at Oak Tavern at the Marriott at Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Thank you for letting me know about this, I will certainly look into this and handle accordingly. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

the food is blah - but the bartender waitress was outstanding. and they have music as well. the atmosphere is fine for a hotel restaurant. only if i stayed would i eat here.

Date of visit: April 2017
GenManagerPrattville, General Manager at Oak Tavern at the Marriott at Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Thank you for your great comment about our bartender, I will be sure and review with our staff so that they are aware, I will also review your comment with our Chef to see how we might enhance. Thanks again for your comments and all the best.

Reviewed January 29, 2017

There was a local high school dance (large crowd) in the ballroom down the hall on a Saturday night. This dance had been on the calendar probably since last January, it is an annual event. Each year, several of the parents meet at The Oak Tavern for drinks and a meal after dropping off the kids or seeing the lead-out ceremony at the dance. When we arrived at The Oak Tavern, there was one bartender...just one! The place was pretty busy and there was only one bartender. It was taking nearly 20 minutes to order a bottled beer. There appeared to be only one server taking dinner orders. I don't understand why they didn't staff the Tavern knowing there was an event in the ballroom. The ten of us had one drink and decided to skip out on dinner. One other couple didn't even get drinks. When no one came to wait on them they just got up and left. I've heard the food was good but I wouldn't know. I never got the chance due to the poor service. The Tavern needs to step it up!

Date of visit: January 2017
GenManagerPrattville, Manager at Oak Tavern at the Marriott at Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

We are always so pleased to have the Cotton Cotillion with us here at The Legends, I am so sorry to hear about the service in the Oak Tavern and hope that you will accept our sincere apology. You can rest assured that we will be better prepared next year. Thank you for letting us know about your experience here and we look forward to having you back at the Oak Tavern very soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

We went to the dinner at a recent event, and many people at our table pushed the food away after a few bites. Child size portion of salad to start, it tasted ok. My steak was very over-cooked and dry , there was no sauce whatsoever on the meal. A very small, dry half a baked potato with not much melted cheese, a few green beans. No moisture anywhere in the meal, difficult to eat, lacking in a sauce or some kind of gravy to make it edible. The desserts were average and looked like anything you can get at Walmart. several people at our table left early and said they were going to get pizza on the way home.
It was not a good meal. I looked for the manager for a while after the event so that I could tell him how bad it was, but I could not find him, so we left. We used to eat the huge Sunday brunch buffet there years ago when Michelle was the chef, it was excellent, and we took all our friends and visitors there then, but we don't go there any more. After this bad dinner we are not likely to try again.

2  Thank daisyeps
GenManagerPrattville, General Manager at Oak Tavern at the Marriott at Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2016

Thank you for letting us know about your experience in the Oak Tavern, and please do accept our sincere apologies. I will share your comments with your staff so that we can review our menus to ensure that they are always up to our and Marriott's Standard. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again, and please do let us know if returning.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

I was here for a conference and stopped in for dinner. I ordered the Conecuh Sausage Quesadilla. Very good and different. No more than 5 people in the restaurant while I was there. Live, café style music began at 7. Good food. Wouldn't make a trip to eat here but a good choice if you are staying at the hotel.

Date of visit: August 2016