See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We just returned from a lovely stay at the Vatulele. It says here it is run by 6 senses. That's the first I've seen of such. Here are the positives:

--Absolutely lovely staff. Just lovely. So genuine, kind and
--Food: excellent! And, they made lovely accommodations for vegetarians
--Beach: gorgeous
--Island: the local villages are really lovely and something to experience
--Villas: they are large and right on the beach. They're a bit outdated but only in the finer details (sink knobs, phone, etc...)
--Some of the activities: as they are run by the locals of the island who have pride in their island and culture--really special to see things thru their eyes

And the negatives:

--You must fly a little 6-seater to get here. Maybe part of the charm.
--Some things are a little outdated: only the "detallista" will see these...but something when you are paying what you are
--Management: there were a lot of rumors when we were there about who the owner is, who the new owner may be and even an obnoxious visit by a buyer--whose presence and entourage rather turned me off with his ringing mobile phone and inability to mingle with us few guests. If the place goes to a guy like this, it would not entice me to return.
--Expect "Fiji-time" almost all the time. Part of the charm.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank El_Mudo_11
Reviewed August 19, 2011

It was our honeymoon actually, but what an incredible adventure! From the first class service to the incredible food to the beaches, this is a magical place. Every single moment you feel taken care of. My husband and I whole-heartedly recommend this resort to anyone looking for the whole package. There is nothing I would change, except I will add on a few extra days next time. 7 days was not enough. Thank you to Lusiana, Dome, Jone, Salote and the entire staff for a magical experience. Bula and vinaka!
-Diana and Marcus

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChefStadlen
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Absolutely fabulous honeymoon. GORGEOUS BEACH w/ white sand!!! We miss it so much, we want to go back with friends in a few years! Quite the trek to get there, but it's totally worth it. We especially miss Grace, Ornella, Gaby, Josoia and Salote. The people here learn your name before you even meet them - it felt like the tv show 'Cheers' - where everybody knows your name! (Only problem, for some reason they had our middle names down, not our first names - which was hard to correct since they all learned the middle name immediately from the paperwork!)

You get your very own bure and private beach. The bugs aren't a problem, they have bug lotion in your bathroom and the bathroom in the restaurant. The choices for meals are great - at your bure, at your beach, at the public beach, in the wine cellar... the only recommendation I would give is that they should definitely allow you wine at dinner, because they charge for alcohol. They have a free happy hour every night from 6:30-7:30, which is great - but everybody gets super loaded during that time because drinks cost a fortune here. You are already paying a lot - why not at least include wine during dinner??? That I don't get. We definitely didn't 'miss' drinking - we can do without it. But we do enjoy a nice glass or bottle of wine with a nice meal :)

The food is super yummy! We liked the food here better than Namale.... It was simple, but it tasted better!

The dive shop is great - Grace and Ornella were soooo good to us! We did 2 dives with them. They are so attentive and helpful! We miss them both so much! The diving is phenomenal with about 12 different sites - they have soft coral and it's quite beautiful. The health center is great (if you HAVE to use it) - Sliivia was very helpful.

They did have free wi=fi internet in the "library", as well as one computer to use if you don't have your own ipod/ipad/phone/computer.

Room Tip: Every bure has its own private beach. The cheapest is the beach bure- No pool, but you don't need one with this beach
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amyray
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Vatulele surpassed all of our expectations. You feel like you are the only people on the island. The variety and quality of the food was amazing and the service was personalized without being over the top. Recommend the cave walk tour.
We will be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Frankiem1
Reviewed December 31, 2010

My wife and I just returned from 12 nights at Vatulele Island resort. This place is so amazing, the way the bures are placed on the white sand beach you don't ever see anyone else. The bures are back in the jungle or trees about 100 feet and about 150 feet apart. The bures are well planned out, from the amenities to the placement of the infinity pool , to the foot shower. You have your own private hammock, private outdoor shade with chase lounges.

The food is well proportioned and a choice of many different entres. The dining experience can be anyway you would like. Private dinners on beach, sitting on outdoor patio, or if you are too tired from a full day of activities, dinner in your room is very nice.

The scuba diving divemaster Vuli has a big heart and wants to make every dive memorable. I have never seen any divemaster try so hard to please, I am an underwater photographer and Vuli would go as slow or as fast as I would need to go. I also dove with Onella &Gracie two young girls that grew up on the island and are now divemasters and instructors. The sisters really like what they do and it shows in way that they are always willing to go diving.I have seen divers show up late in the afternoon and they were willing to take them diving.

The service at the resort is amazing, it is never a problem for anything that you might want. We never had to ask for anthing, it was like they knew what we needed before we needed it.The towels were alway fresh, the mini fridge was always stocked,the cookie jar was always filled.

The Fijian people at this resort are amazing. We you walk around the resort everyone always say Bula, with the biggest smiles you will ever see. I don't how these people can be so happy all the time. I think they truly found the secret to happiness and it shows in the service you receive there.

My wife and I will return to this resort, probably during family week because we enjoyed the kids so much. So many nice families from around the world, it is wonderful to see families having so much fun. This place is making memories for so many people, there is no words that can describe the enjoyment that my wife and I experienced.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple