Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews villa buddy private island fijian culture kids club kava ceremony zip lining private pool welcome message paddle boarding four seasons jet skiing behind the scenes white water rafting coconut demonstration main clubhouse private plane say goodbye
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2016

BULA! I always island-vacation. Tropical, remote, temperate and exotic- take me there. I've tried deluxe-resorts with every kind of soap, heated floors and complimentary massages - they just always tend to lack island authenticity. I've tried backpacker's retreats that have amazing cultural excursions and fascinating personalities, but sometimes you can't even get a decent slice of pizza. So, let me fill you in on a little secret island off of Pacific Harbour. Yes, situated across from the Island of Beqa (WHERE FIREWALKERS ARE ACTUALLY BORN), there is a private beach with luxury bungalows, handmade furniture, and you can play volleyball with their staff - even if you're a 5'1 white-girl. Welcomed by the world's hottest warriors (sorry, not sorry), you enter into an open-air lobby of infinite bliss. Not even exaggerating. Boasting artisian details and the intrinsic warmth of Fijian tradition, I dare say this place encapsulates the color of a purer culture.

Date of stay: November 2015
4  Thank ilovtimetravel
Mark S, General Manager at Nanuku, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2016

Bula and from all of us at Nanuku Auberge Resort, we thank you for taking the time to review us! To state experiencing Nanuku is like “experiencing a new colour”, means a great deal to us. We are very proud of our little secret in Pacific Harbor, and we do hope you spread the word to all of your family and friends. We and the warriors are looking forward l to welcoming you back again very soon. Vinaka vaka levu!

Reviewed January 3, 2016

I hate even writing this review so late, but my boys keep talking about how they have to return, so I felt I needed to put down for others how special this place can be.

First let me say my ten year old feel so in love with his bure buddy that all he can think about is returning to spend his days playing with her. She was sweet and kind and willing to chat as well as run on the beach, kayak, build sand castles, play in the pool, whatever he wanted. My older son enjoyed his buddy too, and it made the trip one they will always remember. No kids club needed, which is great as its not like you have to ship your kids away all day. They can flitter back and forth between our company and that of their bure buddy.

We stayed both in the beach villa and the gorgeous penthouse villa on the hill. For a family, the location of the beach villa is more convenient to the club house, but both were beautiful and in a classic way and yet with enough Fijian flare to remind you were you are.

The manager was very friendly, and staff as is well reported were beyond kind. If you want that very professional four seasons, Mandarian Oriental type professionalism you won't find it here, but I sincerely believe that would be out of place, and less enjoyable than the warmth and kindness you get from the staff.

The food was generally fine, fresh and well prepared, and though there is a set and limited menu they really would go out of there way to make what you want. We had one of the sous chefs come to our villa and make Pizza with the boys one day.

The location is amazing and the views and pool are beautiful. I would say the only slight shortcoming is the beach. Somewhat rocky, so of a soft white sand beach you can lazily walk out to, and spend most of your time on is your desire, it would be the only reason to maybe not spend all your time here.

Lastly we did something that needed up being our most magical and powerful moment. We asked what the people, the local people need before we left and strangely enough were told that shoes are hard to come by and expensive. So we packed two big suitcases full of shoes, and had our bure buddy take us to his local village. It happened to be during a day when other chiefs were visiting so we got to also enjoy a Cava ceremony a real on. But watching the kids faces explode with joy as we opened the suitcases with shoes, like it was Christmas morning was so moving. My younger son said, dad it's kinda sad, and I said why, and he said "because I don't think I could ever be that excited about shoes" and I knew then this trip was worth every mile and dollar.

Ok, so go. If you don't spend all your time at Nanuku spend some. It's simple divine. It doesn't get better just different, and please bring shoes, and go to a local village and spread your wealth.

Date of stay: February 2015
8  Thank Dspilo
Logan M, Manager at Nanuku, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Bula and thank you for taking the time to review Nanuku Auberge Resort! The staff still speak of your wonderful gift to the local community, acts of generosity such as yours truly leave a lasting impression on their lives. The people of Fiji are some of the most genuinely caring and kind people you will ever meet and this shines through in our staff and their "Nanuku Spirit". I am pleased to say that we have improved on many aspects since your visit almost a year ago, including a new adventure park for the kids to enjoy with their nannies and buddies. We hope to welcome you and the family back to Nanuku sometime soon.. Vinaka vaka levu!

Reviewed January 2, 2016

I'm a little late in writing this review but couldn't not give the awesome team at this stunning resort a glowing review. We were there for our honeymoon in July 2015. We had an incredible time. From our villa buddy to the magnificent food, we couldn't fault anything. All staff were friendly, welcoming and genuinely caring. We loved captains table and happy hours at the bar. Recommend the snorkelling, waterfall trip and everything else we didn't get around to trying. I loved seeing the way the villa mummas cared for the children at the resort, was beautiful.
We cannot wait to come back!! Thanks Nanuku
Tim and Katie

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bula Tim & Katie, and a big vinaka vaka levu for being Nanuku Auberge Resort's 100th TripAdvisor review!! We were honoured that you chose to celebrate your honeymoon with us and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your time at Nanuku. We cannot wait to welcome you back again, hopefully for your 1 year anniversary coming up... Vinaka!

Reviewed December 22, 2015

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon there and it was perfect. It was classy quiet, and well worth the money. I have paid 50-100% more for comparable levels of service at other resorts. The value for your money is incredible.Just so you know I am a seasoned traveler who prefers luxury over roughing it.

We decided to fly in a plane from the airport instead of driving the 2.5 hours to the resort. Some words of caution-it is a SMALL plane with just seating for three and there is no room for more than fifteen pounds of luggage. Since we were traveling from several countries and had wedding clothes too this didn't work for us. We ended up flying but had to pay$150FD to have a taxi take our luggage. I wish someone would have told us of that before booking.

When we arrived they had a special ceremony which was beautiful. We met our Villa buddy Solo and our house Momma Maria. Check in was a breeze and we noticed we were upgraded to a Beach Villa. It was huge! Included a decent size swimming pool, another separate house, and media room.
The property is gorgeous and the staff is so caring and helpful. The food was amazing. I am gluten free and my wife is not. Out of twenty-five meals I thought only one appetizer was just okay. This is coming from a foodie! The flavor combinations and fresh ingredients used at every serving were of the highest caliber.
Hint-order your drinks before sitting sown as my only criticism(if I had to have one) is that the drinks take way too long.
We did several activities while stating there:
Ziplining-lots of fun and a good activity to start out with if your not too energetic that day
Snorkeling-I recommend going in the morning as it was too rough on the reef in the afternoon. Also, the snorkeling right at the resort is excellent. I like that better as I felt safer
Terratrek-this dune buggy to the waterfalls is no longer recommended by the staff due to a guest getting injured. I am experienced with off road stuff so we did it. This turned out to be my favorite trip as the waterfall is incredible and it is also a private place to swim in one.
Rafting-I passed but my wife really enjoyed it. It is a full day.

We stayed for eight nights and anything we needed was taken care of. Solo took us shopping for food, cleaned mud off our shoes after a hike, etc.... The massages were very good too at the spa(we had eight of them). We also participated in the Kava ceremony which was great to be a part of. There are lots of daily activities which are listed the night before so you can plan your day.

The people of Fiji are some of the warmest and happiest people I have met on my travels. If you show any interest in their culture they treat you like family. The management at the resort went above and beyond to make sure you were happy too. They also were very interested in any room for improvement.

When we were leaving they had a goodbye ceremony that was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. lucky I had my sunglasses on. :)

All in all it was everything and more a honeymoon could have been. Not only would I return here but I would like to check out the other Auberge properties around the world now.

Room tip: didn't see a bad room.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Z1096VYandrewr
Logan M, Manager at Nanuku, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2015

Bula Drew & Laura, Greetings from all of us at Nanuku Auberge Resort, Fiji . We are thrilled to read that we exceeded your high expectations on your honeymoon and thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and complimenting review . Flying to Nanuku is a great option, a beautiful scenic 20-25min flight. We have also been able to offer great prices on these flights but some flight options come with luggage restrictions. In your case I am sorry if we did not inform your prior to your flight of the specific luggage restrictions. I agree with you 100% on the Fijian people being some of the warmest and happiest and this shines through in our “Spirit of Nanuku”, especially as you have experienced firsthand on departure . Wishing you all the happiness for your future together. Vinaka vaka levu, and we look forward to welcoming you again at Nanuku and our other Auberge Collection properties. (why not make it an anniversary soon!)

Reviewed December 22, 2015

Nanuku Resort has, hands down, been the most amazing resort I've EVER stayed (and yes, I have stayed in very nice resort to compare)! I stayed in Sept 2015 and I know there are many places to stay on Viti Levu, but Nanuku offers an experience you cannot compare to other resorts on the island.. The staff are the most wonderful people and they're full of love and laughter. They really are what made Nanuku such a special place to stay. They're attention to detail and enthusiasm made everyday extraordinary.
Accommodations were wonderful!!!! The views are breathtaking and so comfortable. I enjoyed being able to make high quality, delicious coffee or tea, and then relaxing, with cup in hand, by the water. I always woke up feeling refreshed because I slept so well in the heavenly bed. They offer all the necessities in the room, as well.
The food was truly out of this world! I ate so well! I always had plenty to eat and the selections were great. All meals were high quality ingredients, with unique combinations to please the taste buds. I looked forward to every meal with excitement and always found something I liked on the menu. The lattes were so delicious! The mixed drinks were very good, as well.
The activities offered were fantastic!!! Paddle boarding and kayaking around the ocean and in the mangroves was so much fun! The concierge was extremely helpful in suggesting activities to do outside of the resort, as well. It's really impossible to run out of activities.
In summary, Nanuku was absolutely the best place to spend my time while in Fiji. I felt pampered and valued. I left with new friends and an experience I will forever cherish. It really is a bang for your buck. I most certainly recommend staying at Nanuku!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Number1barngirl

Bula from Fiji! Thank you so much for your comment that our resort has been the most amazing resort you have stayed at . We are delighted by your review and really enjoyed having you as a guest at Nanuku Auberge Resort . Thank you for all the positive comments on the villas, facilities, activities and the Nanuku family team. We will be sure to pass on your praises and accolades to all of the team including Pranil our Executive Chef and his culinary team. Vinaka vaka levu, and we look forward to welcoming you again at Nanuku .