“Our stay!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pacific Harbour
Stavanger, Norway
“Our stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at Uprising for 3 nights in december and the villa we stayed in was lovely. The beach was nice. The bar by the beach was our favourite spot watching the local ladies fishing at the end and enjoying a bottle of vonu. (I even got a fishing line from the fishing shop at the arts village the next day in the hope to catch something). The atmosphere in the hotel was good. The staff were nice but there were few occassions where some of the female staff were rude. It was like the whole thing was about them and not the customer. The pregnant lady who was the waitress there at the time was awesome though. Maybe the other female staff can get some tips off her on how its suppose to be done. Overall we enjoyed the stay at this pleasant resort and we plan to return to Uprising next time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tee J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Wundowie, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

It was a really long drive from the airport to the Uprising and a few times there I thought we would never make it. When we did finally arrive it was well worth the long drive, stepping out of the minivan into a tropical oasis. First thought this is beatiful, very authentic looking. We booked into one of the new villas number 2 which was to die for. Hugh LCD TV which swivels around so you can watch TV in the bedroom or the loungeroom, plenty for room to laze on the couch or sit on the varandah out back which is right on the beach (stunning view), bathroom is a really good size with a massive shower head, the jewel of thevilla would have to be the stone incased outdoor shower, again with a massive shower head and direct access to the beach.Only downfall could have used a microwave. The continental breaky included was lovely, the lunch and dinner menu was OMG this is so so lovely!!! big serves, Sunday BBQ buffet lunch was awesome. All the staff are beautiful, friendly people. We stayed for 2 weeks and it was so relaxing and easy going, "I'm on FIJI time". Suitable for all, couples, families friends etc.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank Kristy H
Anna Bay, NSW Oz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Uprising Beach Resort was a wonderful relaxing holiday for us. This small resort tries hard and achieved great success at providing a relaxing pleasurable experience for us. The GM and his staff could have not been more gracious and welcoming. Our villa in the new Admiral circle wasspacious, immaculate and well appointed. The attached open-air shower was a wonderful touch and a great place to rinse and dry swimsuits and snorkel gear.

Unlike bigger resorts we've tried further up on the Coral Coast that cater to the typical Aussie family with kids, UBR does not "activity" you to death. There are no blaring PA systems, over-amped music and non-stop activity schedules. The jetski activities are there if you want them, but the best adventure activities on Viti Levu were here at our doorstep - snorkeling trips, diving and white water rafting. We did them all and they were great! And unlike the Coral Coast, Pacific Harbor has real beaches you can swim from - regardless of the tide.

Location...With the Arts Village located practically across the road that includes a supermarket with grog shop, ATMs, restaurants and numerous souvenir shops, we found the UBR close to all the facilities we needed. The reception staff quickly arranged a FJ$3 taxi whenever we felt like avoiding the walk. This is a big plus compared to the closed environments of almost all the other resorts on the Coral Coast that we have experienced. The capitol, Suva, is also a FJ$50/40 minute taxi ride away and offers a great museum, restaurants and air-con shopping malls (if that's your thing).

As recent reviewers have noted, the bar and food service could improve. Meals for the price could also improve. But this is similar to our experiences of other resorts in Fiji and around the world. Service and food quality anywhere can be up and down depending on the season and staff load. Note to Whingers: Remember, it was Christmas. Staff shortages happen and Fijian culture is built around the family. If you have a complaint, tell the manager before you blast the place on Tripadvisor. Small resorts listen.

Well worth the extra miles from Nadi. We will return again. Bula venaka vaka levu!

Room Tip: Choose an oceanview burre/villa as the views of Beqa and Yanuka Islands are fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ssebowill2012
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We weren't guests of the Resort though we came there for a day trip to use the facilities which was fine as long as we were prepared to spend money at the Bar etc.
The beach is very nice as is the pool and the actual Bar & Bistro area is quite authentic looking which makes you feel like you're in Fiji.

However, the service was appauling. It took 45 minutes for a Sprite to arrive along with a Mocktail that looked like they'd dragged the glass through some seaweed and served it. I also ordered a Ceasar salad which barely had any lettuce and was full of oily croutons so I sent it back...oh and the salad came before the Sprite? Now that's beyond Fiji time!

Our friends ordered 3 serves of fish n chips and we got 1 serve almost and hour later and were told the other 2 serves went to some other people earlier??? That doesn't even make sense!!!

When I complained all but 1 staff member seemed to really care. The lovely gay waiter was the only one who was really apologetic for the lousy restaurant and bar service.

All I can say is I'm so glad I was only here for a day trip and not actually staying at the Resort.

This place needs a good bar and restaurant Manager employed to kick these peoples butt's and provide some decent service to those who are paying a hefty buck for it!!!

Definitely not a place I can imagine anybody would want to return to!

Room Tip: Don't choose one. Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tripuz
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I was so excite to go to this resort because was recommended by my friends and family, i made arrangement to have a room ready for me when I got there ,but when I came to check in ,there is no record of my reservation and I have to go to the nearby place to get a room for the night.But thats not the bad part because I was so excited to be at the resort .so I start a bar tab and gave them my Master card and I was reminded by the barmaid that I will be the only one to order on my tab which I was very happy.there was 3 people on my group and we proceed to enjoy ourselves and to cut the story short by the end on the night I cash out and have the biggest surprise to see my final bill.They have charge 12 beers and 9 beers a few time on my bill even though was only 3 of us drinking on my tab..so you can see how very upset I was and when I complain to them they said that's what I bought.....somebody had a good night on my bill or Im just at the end of a stock piling beers for latter use by someone.......

Room Tip: Do not put you credit card on the bar
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank junior t
Nadi, Fiji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I liked the stay at Uprising in Villa 8 It had a big screen TV however as promised the wifi wasn't working in the rooms. During check in the receptionist may have been a racist or what but she didnt call for a porter whereas we entered the wrong room. There wasn't any umbrella in the room so i had to wet myself to go and borrow one. Dinner was okay just okay not bad not good. During breakfast while helping myself I overlapped two lids whereas it got stuck the staff made it a big issue. During a rainy season there staff do not know how to please a gues they could really use some brush up in the hospitability skills. Overall and average stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AAbhishay
denver colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

When our trip went sideways, happened upon Uprising by reccomendation of a cabbie. We were lucky for the soft fall. All of e staff was friendly and helpful. They assisted us in calls to the airline and travel. Also, the rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed in both the bure and villas. Also met lots of wonderful people that we would not have met otherwise. The staff acted as if they were our own family in their concern and dedication.

• Stayed November 2011
70.2 km away
Gecko's Resort
Gecko's Resort
#4 of 9 in Sigatoka

Been to Uprising Beach Resort? Share your experiences!