“Awesome food! ”
Review of Viva!

Viva!
Reserve with Chope
Viva! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #384 of 17,526 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Neighbourhood: Jing'an
Description: Viva! fuses Portuguese culture by creating a collective dining experience for patrons. With a diverse menu of traditional cuisine, entice your palate with authentic Portuguese flavors to share amongst friends and family. Viva’s extensive wine & cocktails list will have you socializing for hours and craving their delectable homemade desserts.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

These guys are crazy! Awesome food in gorgeous Ambiente! We love it going there, thanks for having us again and again. Highly recommend it for having great dinner with beautiful wine.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

The food was very very average

We got a seafood paella that was not good, def no a real paella
The octopus was extremely over cooked, it was like I was eating rubber
Clams were really good
The Brie cheese was very good

They have some good drinking specials that are good and cheap

I don't think I'll go back

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

After searching for a Portuguese restaurant in Shanghai, viva was the only result. Being a little home sick I decided to give it a go.

I arrived at 16:00. I know, it’s not dinner or lunch but with my schedule I had no choice.

Sat down as the place was empty and was given a menu.

The selection seems reasonable and the prices are a bit stiff for China standards but reasonable.

Being from Porto myself, I had to order a “Francesinha”. Maybe my expectations were too high but the taste just wasn’t there. Some ingredients missing and others have been replaced with cheaper cuts. The sauce didn’t have that usual quick.

One of the owners was very nice and ended up talking for a bit. The reason I award a 4 star is for the effort. I can imagine is not easy to make Portuguese food this far away from home.

The coffee/expresso was really good. (Delta)

If given a chance will return to try other dishes.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

A small and tidy place. Not very impressed with staff and interior, still it is moden and represent the new generation of small dining places for younger people. Food was very tasty. Not a cheap place, but you get some value for money, and close to down town centre.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

A place to go for the food and people. The staff managed to stay positive and friendly even when the day I went the restaurant was packed. It has just the right selection of food and great Portuguese wines (the real ones). Not a perfect place, but for me is perfect enough. Certainly a place to go.