“Great Value extraordinary service”

Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai Hong Quan
Ranked #95 of 5,035 Hotels in Shanghai
caracas
“Great Value extraordinary service”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I spent a day in this hotel, and it was a great surprise. Wifi is included, breakfast is very good, the rooms are nice and clean, well decorated and modern. But the staff was something distinctive doing their best to make me feel warm and pampered looking for something special that would make me happy. And even though it really is in the middle of nowhere it has a train station two blocks away that can take you anywhere and it is still close to the F1 circuit. All and all it is an extraordinary choice for the money you pay. i

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 21 April 2012

everything is good except location. Location of this hotel is in the middle of nowhere..!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2012

For the price I paid, I was surprised the room was that good! I have stayed in another 4-star hotel a few days ago and this Radisson hotel beats the other one hands down.
Location was slightly off, as it is far from downtown, though still about 5 minutes walk to subway station.
All in all I loved my stay here and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Louisiana
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was a nice hotel to end our trip to China with. Rooms were nicely appointed, comfortable and clean. Linen's were crisp and felt good to the touch. Front desk was helpful when I had a problem with the computer at the business center. The buffet breakfast was very good as well. My only issue with this hotel is its location. It's not really near much in terms of restaurants, shopping etc... Also, a 5 star hotel seems out of place in this neighborhood.... If we were on another bus tour, we'd stay here again... However, not sure this would be my first choice if I were returning alone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Moscow
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few days. I found it is a bit far from
city centre, so it is quite around and I like it. However, you could
get to city centre within 20 min.
I had good room, spacious and tidy, when weather is good in Shanghai,
I bet you can get a view over the city, but I was not so lucky. They
have a live-band, singing almost everyday, really nice and lovely
couple.
I also attend 1 informal cocktail party what they have every Wednesday
for guests, it was great to meet a management team, really attentive
and caring people.
Dining options are 3 restaurant and pastry shop, cakes are amazing, my
big thank you to Chef.

Elena, Moscow

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent a week in Shanghai based at this hotel. We were concerned that it was a little far from the city, but we took taxi or train each day and it was awesome. Such an awesome hotel to come home to after a busy day of shopping. We had a suite and access to the club which was the ultimate - we will always do that ion future. Breakfasts were awesome and the club was fantastic. Awesome staff & it just made the trip.

Taxi to town was about NZ$20 which was cheap.

Room Tip: upgrade to suite - it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times last year and this year. Last week we stayed there for one night right after arriving in Shanghai, before heading out to another city. The hotel was fully booked, and we were assigned to a room facing the street. Since we are very light sleepers, we decided to move to another hotel for a better night sleep. The hotel agreed to refund our money even it was quite late on local time. They also called the travel agency to make sure we would get full refund since we booked the room using a UK agency. Once they found that the agency would not give us full refund due to the cancellation policy , they went out of their way to give us an upgrade quiet room since no more back facing rooms left for the type of room we have booked. The assistant front office manager Andy Liu is one of the best front desk managers we have ever encountered. We travel a lot worldwide, and most time we stayed at 5 stars hotels. It is people like Andy made us loyal to this hotel. We have just booked another week at this hotel. We know when you travel, things may go wrong, so you need people like Andy who does their best to take good care of you. Try this hotel, you will like it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple