“Beautiful hotel, amazing staff”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a truly understated gem in the heart of Jing An. The service at PuLi was quite impeccable. I was in particular very impressed by the quality of the room service, which responded quickly and repeated my order due to my heavy Australian accent to make sure everything was correct. The deluxe suite is beautifully appointed, and we were lucky to get a park facing view, which added to the experience and made it a truly memorable one. Although I did not have the time to fully enjoy the bountiful amenities, I loved the food at the Phenix restaurant and enjoyed the interesting cocktail selection. The GM Jan and his wonderful AGM Bryan have done an incredible job of training the staff and keeping service quality high. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Guest,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment so positively following your stay at The PuLi.
My team and I are delighted to read your visit was such a success!
I was particularly happy to note the service was impecable, especially from In-Room Dining ensuring any language "barriers" were overcome so smoothly.
The entire team never rests on its laurels as operational and language training are essential in ensuring we deliver consistent and concise service day in day out.
You must return soon to our urban resort so that you may experience and enjoy the bountiful amenities you didn't have time to try out.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very blessed Holiday season.
Jan B. Tibaldi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This hotel is the perfect location in the middle of Jing An , allowing quick access to the subway and a great selection of top quality restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The hotel lobby is very impressive on arriving, elegant and modern. I was upgraded to a junior suite which has a Japanese theme, which I didn't really enjoy but to the hotel's credit they have contacted me and offered me a different room on my next stay. The hotel's long bar is great, a good selection of drinks and a nice ambiance even if you are travelling alone. Time didn't allow me to enjoy or explore the many other facilities of the hotel. Definitely next time.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank alastair4
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation. I am very glad to know you will be returning and staying with us during your next visit. Indeed, ou location is second to none and having such feedback such as yours gives us the opportunity to continuously improve.
My team and I look forward to your return and wish you and your loved ones a very happy holiday season.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Had the pleasure of staying at the Puli last week. Loved the less touristy location and picked it from the great reviews and because it was not on the Bund. It was walking distance to a million shops and restaurants and had a subway line right next door that was simple and went everywhere.

The rooms were lovely and well stocked. very spa-like. felt like a vacation in the room with the big bathtub and nice amenities. free mini-bar is nice after a long day as well, having a beer or water and not paying 12 bucks is great!

Had no major issues and def enjoyed my quiet room which was large and clean and comfortable. when the black out blinds were down it was easy to sleep all day, but then i'd have missed the lovely city of Shanghai.

Stayed: November 2017
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.
My team and I are very happy to read you had a pleasurable stay at our urban resort. From its quite and central location, to its vicinity to shops and sights alike, to the lovely and well stocked guest room with lovely vistas and the list goes on....
Please feel free to contact me so that I may make the necessary arrangements when you are next in Shanghai, I would be delighted to ensure you have another grand stay with us.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

If you are looking for an luxurious oasis inside the busy city of Shanghai, this is where you want to stay.

Great service, fantastic interior and design, spacious rooms and a superb wellness facilities.

I would recommend that you opt for The Club floors with better views and the great perks which follows.

We where greeted with the uttermost care from the very first moment to our last minute of departure.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but try to go for the higher Club floors.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Guest,
I was most delighted to ready your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi. Thank you so much for taking the time and I really appreciate your kind feedback, especially about the uttermost care and great service our team members provide!
Do let me know if I may be of any assistance whatsoever and thanks for recommending our urban resort.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Our recent stay at The Puli was once again complete relaxation and calm after a hectic business trip. The staff are always welcoming and helpful and the rooms are well appointed and a joy to stay in for a couple of nights before heading home. Feels more like a retreat than a hotel. We will definitely return to the Puli on our next trip!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your most generous feedback posted on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi and for returning.
I am so happy to read we were able to ensure a complete relaxation and calm visit after your hectic business trip.
My team and I look forward to many more returns to our retreat!
With best regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I've been to Shanghai several times, stayed in various hotels, and it was my first time at the Puli. And I will certainly return only to the Puli. There's an elegance about the hotel that sets it apart. The location is superb. Along the main Changde Road but with rows of bamboo that shelter it from the noise and cluster of people and cars that can overwhelm. Staff are well trained and highly efficient. The beautiful lobby can be quite busy at times but someone always attends to you. I had an early morning trip out of Shanghai and needed my breakfast boxed and ready for me by 5:50am. Even though breakfast only starts at 6am, the in-room dining staff not only accommodated the request, but had it sent to my room exactly at 5:50am. Facilities in the hotel are excellent. The gym is spacious and well equipped. Although the tv connections on machines is not as touch screen friendly. My club room was spacious and well maintained. Cleaned very well, with constant replenishment of toiletries. The only points that disappointed was my airport driver and car smelt slightly of cigarettes; and when I ordered eggs benedict, the eggs were well done! But these are minor points, as the hotel certainly ticks all the important boxes any traveller requires. Safety, cleanliness, efficiency, excellent location, good facilities and a great place to stay when away from home.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation following your stay at The PuLi.
Our location and urban resort feel makes us quite unique within Shanghai - we have over 45% repeat guests who just enjoy our calm and zen environment; when you add attentive service to the package you are successful.
I really appeciate your service feedback - the team works very hard to ensure our guests are well looked after.
Looking forward to your retun and thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Have to pay for airport transportation The hotel is beautifully simple Elegant The Check in if fast and efficient. Staff very friendly Warm welcomes all around. The concierge guided us in many ways. Helped with Dinner reservations / transportation / tours. His name is Mike. Very nice gentleman . The lobby houses the “Long Bar” I recommend a relaxing sit here. The spa is nice and offers many services. The Restaurant , “Phenix” is very charming with a great menu

Enjoy your stay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Guest,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay at The PuLi on TripAdvisor.
My team and I are so glad you enjoyed our beautiful simple elegant urban resort as you so kindly put it. Our Concierge Mike and his team are indeed eager to ensure our guests are correctly guided throughout the city and receive the best advice to navigate and enjoy what it has to offer. Thank you for highlighting their services!
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you very soon again should your travels take you back to Shanghai.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance whatsoever.