“A Shoppers Must” 5 of 5 bubbles

Half Day Small Group Shanghai Shopping Markets Fun Tour
Ranked #1 of 503 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals from either USA, New Zealand, Serbia or Britain, we take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with some wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our most popular Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Victoria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Shoppers Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

A friend and I booked Shanghai Shopping Tours after reading Trip Advisor, and we weren't disappointed. Suzy asked us what we were looking for and then tailored our day around what we wanted to buy. She took us to places we would never have found and without any of the hassles or time wasted trying to get to places ourselves, we were only in Shanghai for a couple of days so didn't have much time. The restaurant she took us to was scrumptuous and our driver fantastic

Suzy's preparedness to do the extra's set her business apart. Suzy offered to send our bulky quilts back home to us. This was not only cheaper than through the factory, but saved us the hassle of carrying them around for the rest of our holiday. When one of our clothing items wasn't quite right, we left it at our hotel continued on our holiday and Suzy not only got it fixed and sent it on to us at home.

Suzy was a mine of information about Shanghai and Chine in general

We had a wonderful day with Suzy and absolutley recommend her shopping tours as a must when in Shanghai. Don't risk being ripped off,

Visited November 2011
2 Thank KerryBVictoria

texas, usa
“Great Shopping Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

We meant to review this tour service long ago, but things have been busy this year-end.

My wife and I made our first-ever trip to Shanghai in October this year. I was attending an employer sponsored company get together in Shanghai and since we love to travel together, my wife came along with me - first to Hong Kong and then to Shanghai.

Since I was busy all day in Shanghai, we looked for things for her to do while I was at work, but since China is so foreign to a westerner, we searched Trip Advisor for English speaking tours. We found and booked Shanghai Shopping Tours – what woman does not love to shop in such an exotic place! It was the perfect choice.

My wife (and a couple of other women) was escorted by Claire for full day of shopping – she is a Canadian citizen who has been in Shanghai for some time studying the Mandarin language. It was the best day of the trip. While Shanghai is full of modern shopping centers, they are by and large, more expensive than shopping in Dallas. BUT if you know where to go, you can buy incredible goods at equally incredible prices – and Claire knows where to go and she makes sure you get the best prices (bargaining is expected and a Chinese art).

Late in the afternoon, my wife returned to the hotel with many purses, jewelry, silks, and gift items – this day of shopping paid for trip many times over given the prices. Without going into detail, many of my colleagues were so impressed with the wife’s purchases that Claire had to conduct a mini-tour for them the next day so they could purchase gifts for the wives - their wives were VERY happy.

As a long-time “professional” shopper all over the world, this is at the top of my list of places to shop and we can recommend Shanghai Shopping Tours without reservation and nothing herein should be construed as anything other than our unqualified recommendation of Claire. You will not be disappointed.

Les and Terri

Visited October 2011
2 Thank antonio6944
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The absolute best to do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I went to Shanghai with friends over Thanksgiving and we decided that it would be best to have a shopping guide. Well, we make the correct decision. Claire was absolutely fabulous. Not only was she intelligent, funny, and pretty, but she also knew where to go and what to bu and spoke Mandarin...most essential. She was a total delight, as I am sure the other tour people would be as well. We went with the tour the first day we were there, which started the trip out with a bang. A smart move is to book them at the first of your trip and then do your other sight-seeing later. What a trip, loved Shanghai, but really loved the experience with Claire and Shopping Tours Shanghai!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Betsy3520
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Best Decision http://www.shoppingtoursshanghai.com/”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I do not believe the reviews did justice for describing this experience. Before paying for the trip, I had thoughts of I can figure it out by myself...my husband will not like this...perhaps they are charging way too much...it will be too long and boring...there will be nothing that interest us....we will be highly disappointed....WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The decision to shop with Suzy was the best tour (includng the UNTOUR on the prevous day). My husband and I met Suzy at Starbucks, and lucky for us the other couple missed there flight, so we had Suzy all to ourselves on a Monday. What was quite suprising about this trip (given that I didn't find them in the reviews) is that you travel to various shop that are distances away from each other via Suzy's private driver. He would drop us off and then he would be waiting as soon as we were finished. I think we did at least 8 different stops. We went to the best restaurant (I can't remember the name), but my picky eating husband loved this restaurant so much it was hard to get him to enjoy subsequent restaurants. On this trip, we got great prices on custom made suits and dresses, custom made men shirts, polo shirts, and much more. Additionally, we learned how to bargain on we used Suzy's tips for bargaining on the next day when we attended other locations on our own. We would watch others bargain and believe they had done a great job, only for us to come behind them and get the same item between 50 to 100 less. For example, we got a jewlrey box for 150 RMB that was originally quoted at 850 RMB. We watch the previous customer bid down to 600 RMB and they were so happy. Sad, I know, but Suzy taught us. The other surprise is that it is an all day after. We were with Suzy from 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. One item we did not buy from the furniture store because we believed we could get it cheaper. NOT, we saw the same item in 3 different stores and no one would sell us the item for that price. The only negative item is that they have too much of a delayed response via email. May take them a day or two to respond, while others respond within minutes/hours.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Antoinette S
Hallandale Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best shopping day ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

My husband and I do not love shopping and especially dislike haggling. Claire, our wonderful guide, took us to the right places, helped us by showing us what was popular with others, and gave us fair fixed prices. We bought items for less than a dollar to suits for my husband.

I heartily recommend Shopping Tours Shanghai and wish there were comparable tours wherever we travel.

Visited December 2011