“Great day out with Emily”

Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour
Half Day Small Group Shanghai Shopping Markets Fun Tour
Ranked #1 of 506 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals from either USA, New Zealand, Serbia or Britain, we take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with some wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our most popular Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Sydney Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great day out with Emily”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We were met on time in the hotel lobby, jumped in a cab and headed for the south bund fabric market, we all had two coats and a winter cape made in the latest fabrics for $100 each, they arrived at the hotel 3 days later, we loved them. We then went to a great handbag shop, bought some great bags, then onto the jewelry market and bought some great nelaces for $16 each. We then visited a ceramics warehouse, modern Chinese porcelain very well priced. Also bought great cashmere jumpers $30 each, jeans and cushion covers for home $10. Highly recommend doing this on the first day before visiting malls, take a lot of cash. I would do this for two days next time, we found four hours was plenty. Thank you Emily for a great day out and the fried dumplings for lunch. With love Kylie, Jane and Alison

Visited February 2012
4 Thank KylieBaldock

Chester, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A great morning out, I'm not a shopper but it was fun and informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Party of 4 men, business colleagues/friends in our 40's, not what you'd expect on a shopping tour. But we had great fun. Emily our guide was very good, met us at our hotel, private transfers around town. Went to fabric market - really interesting introduction, Emily showed us the best stalls, and we ended up getting some amazing shirts made, and suits costing 1/10th of the UK cost. Then went to pottery company, really good. Then to the silk Market which was both highly informative (we got to see the whole silk production process from pupae to finished product) and incredible value for presents for friends back home :)
Emily capped off a superb tour with delicious lunch - very good quality local cuisine. Strongly recommend this even if you don't want to shop :)

Visited March 2012
2 Thank ibj61
shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Emily told me what a great time she had with your group! It sounds like a lot of fun was had by all - I'm loving the photo of the silk pillow trial - don't worry it has only been shared with the guides - it isn't on the internet :-)
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a great day shopping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Thanks so much to Claire for such a great day out with Shopping Tours Shanghai - great variety of places, great tidbits of information and advice and fabulous lunch! It was a great day out and would thoroughly recommend! Just loving my silk pillows ...

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Bronwyn M
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great (efficient) shopping experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I booked on Tripadvisor for me and my husband with Shopping Tours Shanghai. We really did not know what to expect. We had a fantastic day out with Claire and Amy. I am so happy with the silk pillows, pearls, scarfs, waist coats, herbs, home decorations etc.
Many thanks again to Amy and Claire to send more dried chrysanthemum flowers by mail and not to mention the effort you made to find the Mandarin/English fridge magnets for me. The organised lunch was the best chineese food whe ever had in China. I'd love to go back to Shanghai only to go back to this restaurant and for more shopping. Even my husband who does not like shopping at all had a great day. It is the most efficent and best way to shop in Shanghai especially if you are there for only a couple of days. On top of this Amy and Claire told us how it is to live as an expat in Shanghai, cultural differencies, restaurant tips, more shopping tips. That is, everything you can't read in a tourist guide. Time flies, I should have posted my comments last year at least.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank HEWII
Pittsburgh
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“This was the highlight of a great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I must confess. When I found this tour on TA, I was a bit hesitant. First, it is not inexpensive when you are a family of 4 (parents and 23 and 25 yr. old sons). Second, I had a husband and 2 sons who professed minimal interest in shopping.... Finally, we had such little time in Shanghai, that I didn''t know if it was a good use of our time. I am so glad I took the leap of faith and booked this tour! Not only did I enjoy it, - but my sons absolutely loved it... and (most significantly) we never could have replicated the same experience on our own.
We set out with Suzy early in the morning. She gave us invaluable advice on what prices should be paid, and how to get to that price. My sons decided that they wanted suits and Suzy suggested a shop in the Fabric market but made it clear that we could buy anywhere. That said, the fabric choices and styles offered by Suzy's suggested shop were excelletnt. The boys, using their own cash (!) each bought 4 suits, a tux, and many shirts- all custom fitted and sewn. The prices they got were amazing. They also each had 2 coats made and bought a ton of ties. They negotiated to a price in the range Suzy gave them- while watching others pay almost 10 times that price for the same item. I puchased a cashmere coat, 2 dresses, 2 pr..of silk pants,a velvet tunic and assorted soveneirs at amazing prices. All were done within 36 hours,- and even got some last minute minor tailoring to make them perfect. The boys in particular didn't want the day to end.
The following day, without Suzy, we went to some stores she suggested and I am grateful that I am able to replicate a wallet for my 80 yr. old Dad that Suzy has graciously offered to pick up and post upon completion. She is doing the same for my sons who ordered additional shirts and suits. Suzy's ability to know where quality shops are and offer accurate pricing was worth the price of the tour. The lunch that was included was delicious, and her dinner suggetions were spot on.
I could go on, but in short will say that I highly recommend this tour. I want to thank Suzy publically with her patience with us, and hope that perhaps in the future she will come to the US and visit us. It was an absolute pleasure.

Visited January 2012
10 Thank Marigot1
Thank you for your review, I also had a great day out with you and your family and am so impressed that the 'boys' all got right into it and had such a great time. I hope they look fabulous in the tuxedos!