All reviews langao road loft studio electric stove serviced apartment queen size bed metro station split level renaissance hotel evening relaxation double deck arranged perfectly fixed quickly washing and drying small kitchenette study table front desk staff long term stay
Reviewed July 10, 2018

I was fortunate enough to stay at this serviced apartment for 8 evenings. It has everything you could possibly wish for an apartment. Literally a one-minute walk to the entrance of the train station (line 7). There are many shops nearby including a cinema. At the train station you can find many eateries as well as a large supermarket.
I was on the 20th floor and had a great view of the city skyline (weather permitting).
Staff are friendly and check in/out process smooth and quick. Air-Conditioning noise slightly too noisy and sadly no rain-forest shower. Overall a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: You can take the train (line 7) from Longyan station to the hotel if you are arriving from the Maglev.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Jack D, Operations Manager at Modena By Fraser Putuo Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at Modena on tripadvisor.com.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

This hotel has been my choice since I planned my trip to Shanghai. I was traveling with my family and we were looking for a hotel that could load all four of us, and this hotel was the answer.

Location: Not too far from the city center, and Metro station is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. A 24-hour supermarket and mini market are also available beside the hotel.

Room: I chose a Deluxe Twin Room with two beds. Cookware is available in rooms, complete with knives, aprons, scissors and other cutlery. The presence of such facilities is very helpful for us to save the cost of eating while in Shanghai because we can cook ourselves for our breakfast and dinner. They also provide bottled mineral water according to the number of guests in the room.

Bathroom: Clean and toiletries provided quite complete.

Staff: The front desk staff is very friendly and they allow me to check in early at no extra charge. They also speak English well.

Cleanliness: As a 4 star hotel, surely they should pay attention to the cleanliness of this hotel. I had no issues with the cleanliness of the rooms nor the lobby or outside the hotel, however the one I did not like was they did not pay attention to the cleanliness of the toilets in the lobby area. The toilet was very smelly, it seems the cleaning staff did not regularly clean it up.

Overall, I really like to stay at this hotel and make sure that if I go back to Shanghai, I will definitely stay at this hotel. I feel comfortable in the room, like I live in my own house.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jack D, Operations Manager at Modena By Fraser Putuo Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear Kelvin P,

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We decided this property after research of reviews and price comparisons. It exceeds our expectations after 5 nights there. We like the duplex design and the entire neighbourhood layout. The serviced apartments may not have all the fancy facilities and convenience as like those top tier hotels in Shanghai, but its services being conducted so quitely and unintrusively are no less impressive and friendly, not the mention its price advantage. We were attended to nicely and will return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank b44urray
Jack D, Operations Manager at Modena By Fraser Putuo Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear b44urray,

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Visited in June 2014. The hotel was elegantly decorated, offered a good breakfast, and had some good facilities such as a laundry machine downstairs.

The view from the 13th floor was great.

The only downside is its location which is a bit far fom the city center.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Jack D, Operations Manager at Modena By Fraser Putuo Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear SharkTank1986,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

On a family holiday to Shanghai, we had booked this hotel. The rooms are superb for families (loft suite with 2 King beds on a split level). The staff is friendly and polite. The hotel is a short walk from the Langao road metro station, which getting around Shanghai a breeze.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family