“Home away from home”

and 1 more site!
Lanson Place Jin Qiao Serviced Residences
Ranked #12 of 353 Speciality Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We lived here for a few months before finding our permanent home in Shanghai.
I have nothing bad to say about Lanson Place. After a few weeks, I knew all the staff by name and you get a nice goodbye greeting and warm welcome back every time you go through the door.

The day manager is exceptionally friendly and helpful with impeccable English skills.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and modern. It's a fully serviced appartment so a cleaning lady will come by every day in the week to clean. There are gym facilities and you can enjoy a nice breakfast every morning in the stylish lounges while smooth jazz tunes fill the air.

Lanson also offers regular parties for their guests and they are always well planned with lots of good food and drinks.

The residence is opposite a big shopping mall (Life Hub) where you can find many restaurants, shopping, ten pin bowling and karaoke. Next to the Life Hub is one of the main metro lines of the city. It takes 10 minutes by train to reach the financial city centre of Shanghai and 20 minutes to cross the river to Puxi.

There are a variety of spa's, shopping and cultural activities in the area of Lanson. In my opinion it's placed in the heart of Jinqiao with everything you need in walking distance from you.

I go there frequently as I have friends who still live there and every time I'm there I wish I could move back.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are more quiet and you also get a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jirmi

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I never seen this kind of breakfast place. There are little rooms and corner and you can sit cosy armchair and can have breakfast. Flats are very comfortable. Our flat which two room and two bathroom and living room, kitchen, even there was sound system. Beds are very comfortable. Residence is little bit upstate but there is a shoping mall next the residence, you can find restaurans in there. Staffs are very helpful and kind. They can speak english very well according to Chinese standart.

When you go to the residence first time, can be hard to find.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank muhay
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at this apartment for 1 month with my family and was constantly disappointed from day one. This is the list:
- the minibus that they promised to picked-us up from airport (we were 5 people) was of really bad quality. The inside/interior was very smelly, dirty and was very old.
- we took up 2 units. When we signed the contracts, we were promised many things for free, including 3 air purifiers, water dispensers, baby cot, etc. Only after staying for 3 days, they tried to take some of them back, saying that other units needed them. When I told them that we have signed the contract and it clearly said we got them for free for the whole period of our stay, they insisted that at least we gave up some as other units really needed them. I ended up giving some of the free-stuffs back as I could not stand being hassled every day
- several times, the engineers, using their own keys, just came to our room without knocking. We could not put the safety lock on the doors as we used 2 different units without inside connecting door. One time, when I came out of the bathroom, suddenly I found 2 male engineers inside my bedroom with their drills and about to take out my wardrobe. It turned out there was a mistake as it was different unit that was complaining about malfunction wardrobe. I was very angry as they should not come in without us letting them in. I was really concerned about my safety and privacy.
- only after staying for 9 days, we were already being constantly asked if we would like to extend to another month. However, they said that if we do, we would have to pay higher rent, even when it was clearly mentioned in the contract that we could keep the same units at the same price if we extend. When we confronted them with the signed contract, they mentioned different things to not honoring the contract, such as they now have different pricing policy, it was the mistake of the marketing agent, etc.
- front desk called us several times at night (10 PM, 11 PM) just to remind us that the next day they had 'happy hour'. Our 8-month old baby woke up every time they called. After complaining with no result, I ended-up having to disconnect the phone every night.
- they provide free breakfast, but it was really not a breakfast. They only had cereals and donuts, that's it. Nothing else.
- it was always frustrating to speak English with the front desk
- housekeeping almost always did a bad job in cleaning. I always needed to clean the glasses and plates myself again

We ended-up not extend the stay there and moved to nearby Frasers Suite Top Glory for our second-month at Shanghai and we had totally different experience there. Was really a great decision to move.

If you stay with family for at least a month, AVOID THIS PLACE and you will thank me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank joanna07
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I usually stay at this hotel when I go to China on business and need to fly in and out of Shanghai to go to other places in China. The hotel has a very good price/quality ratio. It's not exactly near the airport but not a bad commute from there either (Maglev train station is a short taxi ride away). However, couple of times taxi drivers had a hard time finding it even when I showed them the location on the map. It's also very close to a subway station and a very nice mall with a grocery store is right across the street.

The apartments look new and are very clean, TV in each room, kitchen with everything you need to cook your own food if you want to. Staff is very polite, but don't speak too much English, which is ok as I rarely need to talk to them :) Breakfast is very basic, so you'd be better off eating out or making your own breakfast. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there next time I'm in Shanghai.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nagafuki
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My girlfriend and i went to Shanghai for 2 months because of business reasons. The first 2 weeks we stayed at the Parkyard Hotel in the Pudong side of Shanghai. A very good place to stay, value for money.

Because we will stay another 2 months in Shanghai we wanted to have our own place. The employer advised us on some apartments, both in Puxi and Pudong. I went to 9 different places to visit them. And i have to say the Lanson Place is the best of them. And it was the only place where the pictures on the website truly match the reality!

We have a 1 bedroom apartment with our own fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and living room. Including cleaning 5 times a week (not in weekends), entrance to a health club outside the Lanson Place (Lanson has its own gym with good equipment but unfortunately no swimming pool or sauna, the health club has) and utilities.
And the best thing is: we get service here.
1. For instance, my girlfriend got sick, she had a cold and was coughing. The manager came to bring us lemon and honey tea and coke and ginger tea!
2. My girlfriend had her birthday and she received a nice cake and flowers.
3. There is a shuttle bus that takes you some business districts in Pudong, my girlfriend gets dropped off close to her office. The shuttle bus also brings you to the Carrefour supermarket.
4. The staff organizes a happy hour every once a while. That way you get to know people here and make new friends.
5. You can call the reception at any time in case you have communications problem, they will translate it for you.
6. They help you with any requests: whether it is regarding booking a train ticket, which spa to go to, which places to visit… name it.
7. we had al lot of mosquitoes here, mainly we sleep with the windows open as we are used to. We don’t like to sleep with the aircon. Thus they arranged a big, romantic mosquito net.
8. Breakfast in the morning.

I thin you get value for money. It becomes not only a place to stay, but also a little bit of a home far away from your own home.

If you need more information, please contact Eric Chan, the new front office manager. With his perfect English and several years of hotel experience he upgrades the level of services and professionalism even more.

Room Tip: Building A and B are further away from the main road and thus a little more quit.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank rvl1111
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed in Lanson Place for 4 nights in October. The apartment was very good. It was modern and clean. We stayed in one bedroom place and it was plenty of space for two people. The apartment is a little far from main Shanghai area but is very close to subway. It is located next to a very nice mall and grocery store. The restaurants in the mall are actually pretty good. We ate at the Honeymoon dessert place as well as Gongdelin, which is a vegetarian restaurant. In addition, we ordered food for delivery through Sherpa.com, which worked out pretty good.

The breakfast is lame...couple of pastries laid out in the morning. I wouldn't even call it a breakfast. But since you have your own kitchen and are next to the grocery store you can buy anything you want or go to the mall for coffee and breakfast.

Overall, aside from location it was not a bad place. Staff spoke very little english but we didn't really need anything other than check-in and check-out.

If you are coming from the airport you can either take the subway from airport (line 4, green line) and switch at Century Ave to Line 6 and get off at Jinqiao rd. and walk about 5 minutes to Lanson place. Although we took the Meglev train to LongYang and took a taxi, which was probably a bit more but got to try the Meglev and taxi was about 30-35 yuan to Lanson. Be sure to have the address of the place in Chinese.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Weimarner
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I stayed at the Lanson Place Jin Qiao for two months in March and April. 2011. This was my first trip to Shanghai and I was happy that I stayed at the Lanson Place. Lanson Place is a service apartment that is in a (approx.) 28 story building has one or two bedroom apartments. The apartments have two balconies, a living room, dining room, galley kitchen, and 1 or 2 bed/bathrooms. The building is new (little over a year old) and the apartment was very clean/comfortable bed/nice furniture. Each apartment has multiple flat panel TVs (Living Room/Bed rooms) with satellite service including a few English channels. Maid service is provided 5 days a week as is a basic but clean and good continental breakfast. The apartment is very clean and the grounds are well maintained. Service was top notch. The vast majority of guests are expats on multiple weeks/months stays.
Lanson Place is very close to the Jin Qiao subway stop (less than 1 block walk) and is adjacent to a very large mall that is frequented by locals and includes a grocery store (E-Mart), places to eat, and shop. The only drawback of the place is there are no expat type restaurants (i.e. English speaking places filled with foreigners and Western Food) within walking distance. There are a multitude of expat restaurants a few kilometers away near the Carrefour. There are many upscale restaurants frequented by locals at the adjacent mall.
In conclusion, I recommended Lanson Place to my boss when he went to Shanghai for 3 weeks and I would stay here again next time I am in Pudong.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business