The Qube Hotel Shanghai Pudong
US$338
US$323
US$308
  • Pool
All reviewsshuttle busnear airportpvg airportoutdoor mallan early flightfree shuttle servicestayed here for one nightbed was comfortablenice hotelshort staybooked this hotelfloor roomclose proximitybusiness hotelspoke good englishbreakfast was excellentmetro station
Reviewed June 16, 2017

We had a flight out of PVG and this was a good place to stay overnight. In the same situation, we would definitely stay here again. The hotel was very helpful when we realized that I had booked the wrong date through a booking site. The room was comfortable. The wifi was good. There were plenty of options for dinner in the mall across the street. There were long waits at most restaurants. We waited for a while at a hotpot place, but realized it was going to be a too long a wait. We were seated immediately at a faux Korean barbecue place and it was ok. They missed a lot of details that we love about Korean barbecue. The shuttle to the airport was just what we needed. We arrived at the airport three hours before the flight, but there were so many lines that took so much time that I didn't get to do the last minute shopping that I had planned because I remembered that the airport had some great shops. My favorite was the Shanghai Museum shop, the same quality items that are in the museum and the prices are great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Not bad! I stay here all the time for business travel and it is clean, staff are bilingual and they are accommodating especially when I very much needed a late check out!! I will continue to stay again, although room service food quality wasn't amazing, but beds are comfy. Had to ask for a different pillow and my sleep improved dramatically!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LC L
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here one night to avoid a 2 hour trip to the airport. The hotel is lovely, perhaps the most room I have had in this price range. The common areas are very nice. I was given a suite which was rhe size of my first apartment. The bedding and linens were very good. The gym was good.
Pros
Comfortable well appointed room
Great value
Cons
15 - 25 min from the airport.
Shuttle only leaves once per hour on the half hour
Metro does not go here after 10 pm. I was let off a few stops before and had to negotiate a ride to the hotel.

There is a Starbucks attached and McDonald's next door as well as lots of commercial activity. I will stay here next time in transit as it beats the 2 or so hours it can take from the bund area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

I was in Shanghai for one night with my wife after a few days of business in Suzhou before flying home. We decided to book Qube as it is near enough to Pudong airport and we had an early morning flight at 7.30am.

The hotel room was spacious for the price we paid and it was comfortable. It was relatively clean too.

The attitude of the staff was sufficiently good and courteous. They were also helpful in assuring me that I could catch my flight if I was on time for their 5.30am shuttle.

The shuttle journey from the hotel to the airport takes about 20 minutes. So if you are taking the shuttle, you might want to take that into consideration.

I did not have the opportunity to explore the area but the hotel was also within reasonable walking distance from Chuansha metro station. So it is convenient for travelers who are coming via the metro line. There is a shopping centre nearby, so anyone who wants to do any last minute shopping can do so there as well.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthias L
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

I was really looking forward to this trip but was disappointed by the service. They have no sense of hospitality whatsoever and its as if we are speaking to robots.

The hotel is beautiful and rooms are lovely and clean. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a Mc Donald's next door which makes things really easy. Its also close to Disney land (around 15minutes by taxi)

We were checked in by Mr Lecus (i think thats the spelling)... he was so unhelpful and didn't know anything. In the end we stopped asking him questions because we were getting no answers besides point blank bluntness. We didn't want to let his attitude ruin our holiday so we just pushed it aside and let it slide.

The night before we checked out, i got injured on my legs real bad and didn't have band aid with me. I called to ask if they have and was told they do and they would send it up right away... they didn't.

The next day we went to check out and i asked for a first aid kit as i was in alot of pain due to the injury and imagine my horror when they tell me they do not have one. I was horrified! I asked them how could a hotel not have a first aid kit and the lady just walked off mumbling something. She returned after a while to say its all finished. Really? Could no one tell me that last night while i was waiting in pain? And how could you allow your first aid kit to be 'finished'...my injury was really painful but not so serious. What happens when something serious happens to another guest? Do they just say 'its all finished'?

Overall , nice place to stay in if you don't need to interact with reception and don't have any special requests or if its just for a night

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple