The Qube Hotel Shanghai Pudong
US$334
US$208
Trip.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

US$117
US$112
Priceline
US$387
US$324
  • Pool
All reviewsshuttle busnear airportpvg airportoutdoor mallan early flightfree shuttle servicestayed here for one nightbed was comfortablenice hotelshort staybooked this hotelfloor roomclose proximitybusiness hotelspoke good englishbreakfast was excellentmetro station
Reviewed December 4, 2017

Had a wonderful experience staying at Qube-- My party arrived via train by 9AM, and we were concerned that we would have to leave our bags and return later to check in, but they allowed us to check in early, and get ready before going to explore Shanghai. The front desk was very accommodating and helpful, speaking great english. The location is perfect if you are looking to stay out of the hustle and bustle of Shanghai, it is also conveniently located near the Pudong Airport and Disney. It is also quite close to the subway, for a cheaper way to get into Shanghai to go explore.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Peter Z, General Manager at The Qube Hotel Shanghai Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for preferring to stay at The QUBE Hotel Shanghai Pudong on your recent visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to read your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor about our helpful Front Desk staff and will forward your commendation which will delight them. As you mentioned we are located very close to Disneyland and Pudong International Airport, as well as being well connected to downtown Shanghai via Metro line 2. I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

A good standard hotel about 15 minutes taxi ride from Pudong airport. Forget the free shuttle that they claim to offer, I didn’t find it and despite a number of emails asking details prior, I didn’t receive a reply. That said, it is about 45 RMB in a taxi which are easy to get.
A McDonald next door, and Starbucks I the lobby means it’s easy to pick up a bite. Plus there is a small shopping precinct with a convenience store and some local restaurants.
My usual place to stay now when needing to be close to Pudong airport.
I Recommend it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ryanmo
Peter Z, General Manager at The Qube Hotel Shanghai Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for preferring, and recommending other travelers on Tripadvisor, to stay at The QUBE Hotel Shanghai Pudong. It is a pity that we were not able to provide the shuttle transfer from the airport to the hotel and I hope that next time you stay with us you contact us to reserve the complimentary shuttle by sending and email to res.spd@thequbehotels.com for us to confirm with you. I look forward to your next visit and recommend you also try our restaurants and particularly our great coffee.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

I stayed at the Qube Pudong Hotel for two separate one night stays in November 2017. Both stays were excellent. The hotel itself is very modern and sleek. It has a spa, a gym (which is one of the better hotel gyms I have seen), a restaurant and a Starbucks Coffee.

Upon arrival both times I was upgraded to a larger room on a higher floor without asking. The room itself was incredibly spacious, clean and modern. I especially enjoyed the large bathtub which was separate from the glassed in shower.

My only complaint with the room was that the A/C did not work as it could only heat the room, even on the cold setting. The sign next to the thermostat explained this clearly and said to cool down the room I should open the window. I am 5'11 and I had to balance on the rolling desk chair in order to reach said window. After reaching it I found the window did not even open. My husband tried and could not open the window either. This left our room a little bit stuffy and hot for our final night at the Qube.

The restaurant buffet breakfast was excellent with a variety of options suited to both a traditional Western breakfast and a Chinese breakfast.

What made this hotel stand out to me was the service. Everyone on their staff was extremely kind and helpful. After leaving and getting on my plane back home I realized I forgot something in the hotel room. The Qube staff responded to my messages within an hour of sending it and offered to send my item back to my address in Canada. I have never seen such helpful hotel staff. I did not expect this and it was such a pleasant surprise to see they maintain this level of service even after check out.

Overall it was a great experience and I will be stay there when I go back to Shanghai.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Peter Z, General Manager at The Qube Hotel Shanghai Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for preferring to stay at The QUBE Hotel Shanghai Pudong, and thank you for taking time to write such wonderful and valuable comments about our services and facilities on Tripadvisor. I am sure they will help future travelers to this area in making there decision on where to stay. I am so delighted to hear about the exceptional service you received while staying with us as well as the after check out service and will commend our people accordingly. I must also thank you for bringing to my attention the instructions regarding our Winter time air conditioning. Due to the location of the window I do not believe we should be asking guests to open the window for safety reasons and have now changed the instructions to ask for staff help with this. Thank you again for your wonderful and constructive comments and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night between my flights. I took the metro line 2 to Chuansha Station, that took about 25 minutes & cost 5 CNY. Easy enough. Exit from metro isn’t the nicest, some hassle from locals and the area isn’t overly pretty. About 5 minutes walk to the hotel.

Hotel was nice enough, but wouldn’t any longer class it as 5 star. It’s rather outdated & needs some TLC. My room was rather hot and I couldn’t turn the air-con on as that would apparently only warm the room up during winter air con set up. I was advised to switch the air con off and open the window - see the pictures how easy / difficult that may be.

I used the free airport drop off. And would have used it on the way to the hotel too, if I knew the details - I think hotel should provide these in advance to customers. However, overall, it was well worth my time / money.

Stayed: November 2017
Peter Z, General Manager at The Qube Hotel Shanghai Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for preferring to stay at The QUBE Hotel Shanghai Pudong on your recent short trip to Shanghai. Thank you very much for your constructive comments and my apologies for the window as we should offer to open for you. For the complimentary Shuttle transfer between Pudong Airport and the hotel, following on from your comments, we have now posted a timetable picture on Tripadvisor to help future travelers and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Not a great location if you are looking to be close to things, but there is a small shopping mall behind the hotel, a few food options nearby as well as a McDonalds next door and Starbucks in the lobby. (oh joy right?).

The rooms are relatively modern and the electric sockets for different types of plug is a nice touch. There was however a bit of mould on the wallpaper and blisters in some places. In addition to this, my TV remote had no battery, and using the physical buttons on the TV found channel after channel of static only.

However this isn't the type of hotel that you hang around in all day and if using it for a sleep at night it is decent with comfortable beds.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Peter Z, General Manager at The Qube Hotel Shanghai Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for preferring to stay at The QUBE Hotel Shanghai Pudong and for your honest review of the hotel. I shall ensure that all TV remotes are checked immediately as you should be able to watch your favorite international programs with ease. I would be delighted if you could personally email me at peter.zaunmayr@thequbehotels.com with regards to the room number you stayed in so I can check the room condition as we do have a very stringent preventive maintenance program. Thank you again for staying with us, your very constructive comments, and I do hope to welcome you back soon.