“great hotel ..great service”

Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
Ranked #78 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
sydney
“great hotel ..great service”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

stayed here on the way home to australia .Although away from city centre(3 metro stops to nanjing road east) location to metro just 2 mins walk.Check in was smooth and we were offered an upgrade by guest relations manager nitin abbi.What a wonderful gesture.Although only there for a short time ,we found all staff helpful and courteous.No hesitation in recommending this hotel.Will be back

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Dear sydholidays,

It was a pleasure to meet you upon check in and I hope you are well. It is great to see that you had an enjoyable stay!

Please contact me whenever you are back in Shanghai!

nitin.abbi@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had an executive room, nice river view 50m2 so easy. enjoyed e bathroom. upgraded to cub loune so we had breakfast and cocktails and nibbles here. Nitin Abi provided and modeled excellent customer service...As a new hotel staff are still in the induction training phase.
Breakfast was good, cocktails great..service excellent.
A we hiccup on checkin s we had misplaced ou SPG cards and details....
Location very close to Metro which is easier to navigate than the ITALIAN system.
Note have multilingual function and cloured coded route maps....very good. cheaper and faster than taxi. Firs time on Maglev where we reached 432 kmh....this was at around 10.30am

Room Tip: l would have preferred an upper foor...but bigger rooms we are told are on lower floors
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RICHSHAR
Dear Richshar,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and it was great to have a chat with you in our Club Lounge.

Please do contact me whenever you plan to visit us again!

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here recently for a business trip, my second Sheraton experience in China.

This hotel is of a high standard, but somewhat dated compared to some of the other Sheraton sites which are newer. The service is attentive. The hotel is very highrise (I stayed on the 28th floor) which means that your ears can pop in the lift on the way down.Conversely, you do get a great view over the city skyline which is a plus. I am not sure if this hotel has dedicated non-smoking and smoking floors, but my room smelt smoky even though I had requested non-smoking, which is not ideal.

The bedroom was smaller than at the more modern Sheraton facilities, and the bathroom was awkwardly laid out, with the main area being a wetroom combined with bathtub. Everything was clean though and bottled water was supplied.

The breakfast buffet is housed in the hotel's Feast restaurant. The volume of people taking breakfast meant the room was a bit chaotic. There was a good selection of options, but again, not as extensive as in the more modern Sheratons.

I also had an opportunity to eat dinner at the hotel's Japanese restaurant Miyabi, which I would highly recommend. Good service, and the teppanyaki was some of the best food I have ever tasted. The theatre of the cooking process, combined with the fantastic view over the Shanghai city skyline, was breathtaking.

All in all, a good hotel, and satisfactory stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank berkshirefoodie79
Dear berkshirefoodie79,

Thank you for your comment and it is wonderful to see that you had a great stay with us.
Please contact me whenever you plan to visit us again!

HK
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is a bit out of the way from most tourist attraction but it is within 5 minutes walk from the metro stops 4 & 10 interchange. The hotel had a grand lobby, and service was attentive. As SPG Platinum we were upgraded to a huge suite, and given access to the club lounge. Overall, satisfactory stay here.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear hkfornow,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor!

Please feel free to contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Regards

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 April 2012

As part of an extended assignment, I stayed at this hotel Sun-Fri over ~4 months. By the end, I knew many staff members by face and name.

The service was very attentive. When I would get in late on Sundays, my luggage from previous stays was already in my room. On Monday mornings, my freshly-pressed suit and morning call arrived within moments of each other- very impressive!

The rooms were great. My room was well-furnished and had a spectacular Bund view.

The dining room has a huge selection, but I usually ate at the lounge due to lower crowds. By the way, the lounge (best Starwood one I know) is more than enough for breakfast and dinner, and the night-time views are excellent. Don't miss out on the open bar.

I recommend this hotel for both business and couples. I had been on a business trip, but one weekend my girlfriend came up to visit and agreed that it was an excellent hotel.

Thanks again, Hongkou Sheraton!

Room Tip: Rooms ending in -08 are best
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank hkbased
Dear hkbased,

Thank you for your great review and it is good to see that you had a wonderful time with us.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Regards

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

It was a very pleasant stay at the hotel. They made sure to provide a very good service and it is also a great location.
I would stay again here if I am in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Aarti 100,

Thank you for your comments and it is good to see that you had a great stay with us.

Please contact me if you ever plan to visit us again

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Nice hotel
Great views from the top floor
A little too far to walk to the tourist sites

• Stayed December 2011
Dear MelbS_LP,

Thank you for taking the time the post a review. We really appreciate it!

Please contact me whenever you plan to visit us again.