All reviews hailun road japanese restaurant metro station club room bund view business trip top floor the executive lounge four nights rain shower convenient location an excellent hotel bund area buffet breakfast miyabi china taxi
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

As other five star hotel it is very clean and has an indoor pool and gym. Rooms are big enough with a good view if city. Breakfast is good for who like chinese or english breafast but others may not find many things to eat espetially there are not many kinds of cheses. Restaurant staff are too busy to help guests.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sheraton Shangh... S, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Aidin V,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you are satisfied with our rooms and facilities however please also accept our most sincere apologies for the failure to meet your expectations on the food variety and service efficiency in restaurant.

We assuring your opinion has been recorded and delivered to all departments. Although the short of meeting your expectations has occurred during your stay, We still hope you would consider Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel on your next visit to Shanghai so that we could deliver you an better experience then.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Each time during Bauma Shanghai, we are staying in this Hotel. It is a really fantastic hot stop and well placed in the city center of Shanghai. Good service and very nice rooms.
For me the right spot to be during a stay in Shanghai.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Thomas N,

Thank you very much for staying in Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel and sharing your experience.

We are pleased to learn that you are satisfied with our rooms and services, and that you are sure of our facilities and convenient transportation. Thank you again for your valuable suggestions. Our hotel team will continue to work hard to improve the quality and service level of our hotel.

Wish you a happy life, we are looking forward to your visit again!

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

God to discover that BinZhou still is with the staff hoping for Laksa tonight.

They are service minded and trying their best to fulfill the requirements from the customers.

Conveniently located away from the hassle of Nanjing Dong Road with easy access to subway lines 4 and 10.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank hans_kem2016
Sheraton Shangh... S, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Hans-Åke M,

Wish you a happy life, we are looking forward to your visit again!

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

I have been traveling to China on business for nearly ten years. For the past three years when I travel to Shanghai I always stay at the Sheraton Hongkou. It’s the value and customer service that keeps me coming back. I generally get a room on the club level floors. The rooms are comfortable and elegantly designed. The price to value ratio is solid! The executive lounge serves a great breakfast with made to order omelets and a nice variety of both western and Chinese food. I often have many of my business meetings right in the lounge. It is very convenient. The staff in the executive lounge and throughout the hotel is friendly, courteous and professional. I especially enjoy dinner in the Japanese restaurant, MIYABI, on the 37th floor. The sushi is excellent and the view is spectacular! When I do leave the hotel I’m not far from many of my favorite places to go in Shanghai. The Bund, a popular and fashionable place with great restaurants and a lovely river walk is only about 15 minutes away. I just visited this hotel in January and I’ll be back again April. It’s definitely my home away from home in Shanghai.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear Pacojohn,
Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with us.
We are pleased to know you stayed with us again and your experience was enjoyable, comfortable as well.
We ensure you could always be treated like family when you arrival in Shanghai,in Sheraton.
We're looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

David Cao

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Horrible experience here. Was here in January 2018 for a business meeting & stay. I would never come back.

Booked a 3 day meeting and it was the worst decision ever!

Buffet was really bad with most of the food all dried out and not replenished once it ran out. Thought I could avoid it and brought my staff to a Chinese restaurant in the hotel instead but it was worst. My colleague and I ordered the same tea and we were expecting two tea pot since we are being charged twice.

NO. Wrong! One tea pot for two person but charged twice. When I confront the waitress, instead of having her telling me she would get her manager, she literally told us “I am just a regular working staff here. What do you expect.”

The sales & event trainee that was assigned to handle my event was HORRIBLE and extremely incompetent. She kept saying “its ok its fine” as a way to tell me to brush it off. Honestly, she is in no position to do so. The least that she could do was to be there to listen to my frustration.

Meeting room setup was extremely bare. Banquet staff could never be found whenever I needed help. Everyone is completely clueless on their task. Do not come to this hotel or spend any money on it.

Stayed: January 2018
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

Dear Mr. Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel with us.

As a valued customer, I was disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant. With aspiration to always exceed guest expectations, we have unfortunately fallen short of this goal during your recent stay. Your valued feedback highlighted a number of areas for improvement that I have since shared with the Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager, who join me in offering their apologies for their team’s shortcomings.

In addition, you reflect the problem of the hotel conference room. It is our negligence that let you feel such bad experience in our hotel. We will strengthen staff training to improve employee service consciousness and try our best to solve your problems.

Thank you again for your valuable suggestions. Our hotel team will continue to work hard to improve the quality and service level. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Shanghai so that we can provide you with a premium experience that not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

David Cao