“Best restaurant for Breakfast and Dinner in Shanghai ”

Scena (The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Pudong)
Ranked #4 of 17,331 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$40 - US$150
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lujiazui
Description: In a cozy setting fitted with stylish furniture, artistic decor in rich earth and burgundy tones, dining at Scena promises a pleasurable experience as it continues to serve exquisite authentic Italian cuisine. Large sharing portions will be introduced in the new Scena, in the convivial tradition of an authentic Italian dinner. Scena sits on the hotel’s 52nd floor providing diners with breathtaking views of the city through floor to ceiling glass windows. Old wooden beams, flexible partitions and display shelves allow for separate spaces for diners without depriving them the pleasure of outside views. With the new elegant, albeit casual and homey, atmosphere of Scena and the true flavors of genuine Italian cooking it serves, diners are assured of the finest service from its highly skilled staff and an experience they look forward to again. Scena Restaurant includes a main dining area that seats 128 guests, plus a private room for 16 diners. Dress code: Smart Casual (No flip-flops, beach sandals, plastic footwear; No sleeveless shirts or shorts for gentlemen)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

By far and away the best of the best in Shanghai if not the World!

Molly Is one of the most outstanding hostesses in the entire world! I love this place so much the food is great but even better is the thoughtful kind and efficient service. Molly helps make this amazing restaurant with an amazing view truly extra special.

Lynn at breakfast was such a pleasure to deal with and deserves a special mention.

Ritz-Carlton-Pudong, Manager at Scena (The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Pudong), responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Rory O,

Warmest greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai,Pudong and thank you very much for sharing wonderful comments with us.

Thank you for choosing the Scena and for sharing your memorble experiences with us.It is with pleasure to read our Ladies and Gentlemen are able to provide an outstanding services and food to you. I will share your appreciation with Molly,Lynn and the Scena team.
All the Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back .

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant while visiting Shanghai. We were tired and weary from shopping and sightseeing. The hostess greeted us with a kind smile and ushered us to a great table overlooking the Bund. Jasmine, our waitress, was able to speak English and not only went way out of her way to answer questions but also had an interest in our home (Boston). She was charming and bubbly helping us map out the city, even presenting a beautiful elongated artistic map highlighting important locations. It is so pretty and sentimental, I plan to frame it. Jasmine turned our unplanned stop at Scena into a great memory. Did I mention the food was amazing too?

Dear Elizabeth D, ]

Thank you for choosing the Scena and for sharing your memorble experiences with us.It is with pleasure to read our Ladies and Gentlemen are able to provide an outstanding services and food to you. I will share your appreciation with Jasmine and the Scena team.

All the Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Apologies for not writing a review sooner! Great food and excellent service from Lynn!! I had breakfast multiple times here during my stay at the Ritz Carlton last month in March. The service was excellent and Lynn even introduced me to a tea that she thought I would like - very thoughtful!

On the last day I was unable to eat breakfast at the restaurant as we had to leave for the airport & so Lynn packed me a to-go box with some bottled water, fruit, and pastries! I cannot wait to stay at the Ritz again and eat breakfast @ Scena! <3<3

Dear Shauna L,

It is with pleasure to read our Ladies and Gentlemen are able to provide an outstanding services and facilities to you. I will share your appreciation with Lynn and the Scena team.

All the Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

SCENA is one of my favourites for Italian food in Shanghai.
The restaurant convinces with continuously highest food quality. We really appreciate the seasonal dishes that Chef Matteo puts on the menue according to availability of fresh seasonal ingredients, like fresh truffles.

The service at SCENA is outstanding irrespective of the season.
This time Patrick was our waiter. He is very skilfull and well educated when it comes to recommendations for food ingrediants, preparation and taste. His knowledge about the wines across the wine list is as remarkable. The polite and well mannered waiter was always present when we needed him without being pushy or disturbing.
Thank you Patrick, for making our dinner a very pleasant experience again.

I am looking forward to my next visit in two weeks time. I am sure that restaurant manager Alex will take care for my reservation with passion and dedication, as always. Alex adds with his arrangements to the alreday fantastic atmosphere of the restaurant with its stunning views to the center of Shanghai.

Thanks again to the entire SCENA team.

Ritz-Carlton-Pudong, Manager at Scena (The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Pudong), responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear PeterSchreiber8888,

Warmest greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai,Pudong and thank you very much for sharing comments with us.

It is with pleasure to read our Ladies and Gentlemen are able to provide an outstanding services and facilities to you. I will share your appreciation with Chef Matteo,Patrick ,Alex and the Scena team.

All the Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back in next two weeks.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner here. The view was great, the service was excellent & food delicious. Lynn provided excellent service with attention to details. Would definitely recommend.

Dear Ivy A ,

I am very happy to read your message, highlighting your wonderful dinner experiences with Scena team . It is my great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the great view ,excellent and delicious food.I will share your appreciation with Lynn and Scena team.

All the Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you in the near future.