1,502 results
All reviewsdouble treeeast wingthe executive loungerevolving restaurantscience museumdiamond membernice hotelbusiness tripupgraded to a suitecentury parkmaglev stationhilton shanghaihotel stafffitness centerconcierge deskan upgradehigh floor
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed at the Jin Jiang for only one night on a business trip in November 2011. The room was lovely, large and clean. Breakfast was buffet style in the restaurant on the ground floor, and I had no complaints. I was attending a conference at the hotel, so the location was perfect (obviously!) but it was also only 45 mins from Pudong Airport (about 140RMB in a taxi). All in all, a nice place to stay in Shanghai.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear David W,

Thank you for your review and four stars. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and conference. A short time after your visit we converted to a Doubletree by Hilton, so you need to come back soon and try our world famous warm chocolate chip cookie, which every guests receives at check-in.

Come back soon!

Warm Shanghai Regards,

David Givens - General Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The hotel is huge... The rooms are among the largest i have ever been... And the view from the 26th floor wow..
The lobby itself is huge as there are two wings in this hotel. There is a small snack bar that sells sandwich and cakes! Have a try there and buy yourself one of the sponge cake with caramelised sugar on top. Its awesome! And one last goog point for the rooms is its air conditioning! Shanghai is very cold in winter similar to europe! But its heater an air conditioning is very well controlled and the air is not dry as in other places

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Enigmaticvampire,

Thank you for the first review of the new year. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our spacious guestrooms and were impressed by our huge lobby. I have sent your comments to our pastry chef about her sponge cake, I also love to indulge in a piece every now and then, usually more now. Am a firm believer when you travel you should enjoy the desserts of the country you are visiting.

Come back soon and try some of our new pastry creations!

Warm Shanghai Regards,

David Givens - General Manager

Reviewed December 17, 2011

We just returned from Shanghai where we stayed 8 days in this hotel. The hotel infrastructure was excellent but the service poor. We were left waving our arms trying to attract someone's attend so we could get a cup of coffee in the morning. The breakfast buffet was ok but the western food on the room service menu was great but very very expensive.
The hotel it is entirely geared towards the business traveller. I guess since it is in the business district but as a tourist accompanying my husband who attended a trade show I was not impressed. There was very little information available on this to do tours etc. When I asked about going somewhere all they told me was that I would have to contact a tour company.
The internet connection was really expensive at around $17 Aus per day. Absolutely outrageous

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have been here for 1 week for exibition (business trip) and I was accomodated in the new wing at 24 th floor.
I was immediately negatively impressed as I understand that the internet connection in the room is an optional at a price of 100 rmb/day.(about 12€/day).
In my opinion an hotel that pretend to be at this level and offering his services for businessman the connection is a must and cannot considered an optional.
In the room there was a separate room with frigo bar and facility for complimentary tea and coffee , that would be nice but in the room ther was a strong smell of sewerage water (probably coming from the discharge hole on the floor connected to the drainage hotel system) .
It was really strong and it was not encouraging at all to have a coffee there.
I kept the door permanently closed , and the housekeeping was daily reopening the door (probably to change the air inside , as a result the smell was spreading in the room).
Solution : you come back at evening , close smelling door , opening window , escaping the room to the bar to have a drink for half an hour , come back and close the windows : now you can use the room.
Last negative is the side bed night light you cannot swich on without switching on also all the strong light at entrance , not fair for the person sleeping near you.
For the rest the Hotel is nice and elegant , people very kind and professionals.
The restaurant on top of the hotel at 46th is rotating and offering a fantastic wiev of the city , recommended also for the food quality.
Not the same for the restaurant at 1 flor.

1  Thank Giubargo
Reviewed November 16, 2011

From the time you arrive the disdain of the reception staff sets the tone, a great building in a good trade fair location being ruined by poor management. Breakfast sadly backs this up, with agitated guests trying to attract the attention of non-plussed and under trained staff to get a coffee. Some where this hotel has lost the service ethos. Book elsewhere and avoid the irritation! 4 guests over 4 days with the same view cant be wrong! Avoid this one.

1  Thank Mark H