US$216
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$131
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$429
US$220
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$148
US$131
LeMeridien.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$251
1,443 results
All reviewsdouble treeeast wingthe executive loungerevolving restaurantscience museumdiamond membernice hotelbusiness tripupgraded to a suitecentury parkmaglev stationexhibition centrehilton shanghaihotel stafffitness centerconcierge deskan upgrade
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Usually on my trip to Shanghai I stay at the Portman but its a long travel as my work is in Pudong. I decided to try doubletree and havent regreted the decision a bit.
The Room
I was upgraded to Kind suite in east wing on 30th floor and every aminety in the room was just right. Bed was comfortable, Top to bottom glass windows gave room the airy feel. Bathrooms were nice.
The Breakfast in Executive lounge
The executive lounge probably topped the experience. From the lounge you can see the well constructed Chiense style garden and it was a treat every morning. A five minute walk through it was just enough to charge up for the day. The waitresses at the lounge with their welcoming smile and top notch service made your tired day relaxing. Alina and others were just fantastic who would know when to serve and go away.

The Disappointment -
Concierge / Front desk....I would have rated it 5 star but I was rather disappointed with the concierge. Since I have been to China many times before I managed my way. For the class of this hotel I found it rather surprising that it missed the most important aspect of hotel guests....ensuring they feel welcome when they arrive, get help when they have to leave and provide information when needed. Both concierge and front desk wasnt bad but not worth 5-star...

Food (Not suitable for vegeterian) -
Vegeterianism is on rise and I would expect the hotel to have vegeterian friendly options. I missed the X-Sensation buffet dinners as there was hardly any vegeterian option. X-Sensation is the rotating restaurant in west wing on 46th floor...I believe a dinner buffest costs 243Yuan....

Feedback for the hotel - You need to have a link on site to print address in Chinese.

This will definately be on my list in my next stay...

Room Tip: If you are first time traveller make sure you get the hotel address in Chinese. Also make sure you print hotel address in Chinese before you arrive as most taxi drivers are not familiar with doubleetree hilton. They might be familiar with sofitel as hilton bought this from them.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear MoreIknowlessIknow,

Thank you for your recent review and four stars. I appreciate the time you took to give me your feedback. I was happy to read that you had an overall enjoyable experience. I will make sure the team in the Executive Lounge see your comments on their great service. I will also discuss your comments with the Concierge staff. They know they are the first line of service in the hotel and should be prepared to handle any questions and service opportunities. My next stop will be the kitchen and discuss with the Chef what we can do about offering some vegetarian items on our X-sensation buffet and also in our other outlet's a la carte menus.

The hotel's address in Chinese is very important and needs to be readily available for our guests to download off the website. Great idea.

By the way, great Tripadvisor moniker.

Many thanks!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great rooms, GM (David Givens) has everything running perfectly.

• Stayed: May 2012
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear DuffyMich,

Thank you for the review and five stars. I enjoy meeting my guests and throughly enjoyed meeting you and having you stay at my wonderful property. Your comments are very kind. I still have a lot of work to do to make sure every guest experience is a wonderful one but I enjoy the challenge.

I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel when it was the Sofitel and recognised a number of the staff still working there.
Before arrival, I had received an email from the hotel asking me when I was expecting to arrive and indeed if there was anything I needed on arrival. As a Diamond member, I was particularly surprised by this welcome email and indeed took up the offer of asking for an early check-in seeing that our flight was arriving early in the morning and check in was from noon at the hotel.

On arrival, we were welcomed very well by the check in staff and before long we arrived in our corner suite. It was a real treat as we had booked a standard room. Armed with a warm chocolate chip cookie off we trotted to our "home away from home!"

The room was feel proportioned with a utility area with fridge and kettle, a sizable living area and a very comfortable king size bed with pillow-topped mattress, which provided us with a great night's sleep. The bathroom has floor to ceiling windows and a motorised blind, should you feel the need for privacy on a high floor. A walk-in shower and a deep bath tub complete the marble bathroom.

Breakfast was served for us in the Executive Lounge, which was one of the most spacious I have ever been in. Staff members (especially Betty and Hazel) were extremely helpful and most welcoming. Three chefs were standing ready to prepare eggs to order and the array of breakfast items was simply not to be rivaled anywhere else on the Hilton family network of hotels, especially in a lounge, where normally the breakfast is predominantly continental with one to three hot items in a buffet- style.

Another fantastic asset in this hotel is the team of concierges. They were amazing and were most helpful in sorting out problems we had with a tailor. Their English was outstanding and couldn't have been more helpful.

This will definitely be our hotel of choice in Shanghai and our thanks to the team there!

Room Tip: Make sure that you reserve a "non-smoking" room as "smoking" rooms are still the norm!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 747jet

Dear 747jet,

Thank you for you recent review and five Stars. It is great praise coming from a seasoned traveler and Hilton Diamond member. I will make sure that Betty, Hazel and the concierge staff get a chance to read your wonderful comments about the service they provided.

A warm chocolate chip cookie is great after a long flight, am glad you were able to enjoy one of our signature items.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Efficient business hotel in the centre of shanghai, service is as always good and the beds are comfy. The usual business amenities are available and the hotel has a lovely courtyard garden and the nice warm cookies on check in are a bonus. Nothing too different about the hotel, does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear Lolaroseglasgow,

Thank you for the review and three stars. Having recently converted to a Doubletree by Hilton, we are excited about joining the Hilton family and providing all the amenities and service Hilton is famous for. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our world renowned warm chocolate chip cookie. I look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

David Givens, General Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have stayed at holiday inn pudong nanpu, located just a few minutes from hilton hotel. Even it's a much cheaper hotel, the service, room quality, food and everything was outstanding. I only moved out because my travel agent messed up my reservation, and I was told to move to hilton.

I will not describe the experience in details, because this hotel has only bad points to write about. Below, the highlights of a desastrous stay:

- reception: rude, rude, rude...
- room: very old, with few hanging power sockets, hard bed, poor toiletries, not enough clothes hangers.
- care line: the attendant asked me to SPELL the word knife, when i asked for a fork and a knife. She didnt know what i meant by knife and had to check a dictionary.
- i was cheated by a taxi driver, and the concierge did nothing to help me sorting the problem out.
- when asked for a portable router (i used one FREE OF CHARGE at holiday inn) a reception supervisor said to her colleague in chinese: said: I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS, AND IF WE DONT HAVE IT, JUST TELL THE GUEST. WE WON'T HELP HIM, BECAUSE WE ARE TOO BUSY. (yes, i can understand chinese, despite of my pale face).
- room service is too expensive.
- internet is charged, also very expensive. Around US$ 20 per 24 hours.
- overall, staff is rude and really dont care about guests' needs.

They gave me a cookie in the check in. Well, they could throw away those stupid cookies and invest on training and stablishing a free internet network.

Not to be unfair, i was well treated by a foreign staff at the breakfast reception. Really nice and polite girl. That was the only pleasant time of my 5 nights stay.

Rubish hotel.

When you stay in pudong area, stay at holiday inn, which is much better and costs 4 times less.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Londrino

Dear Londrino,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to inform me of your recent visit. I appreciate the good and the bad reviews and utilize them both as a tool to improve. I have to say that we definitely dropped the ball with regards to providing you a pleasant and welcoming stay. Please accept my sincere apology for not exceeding your expectations. I appreciate the detailed comments; these will help me fine tune the areas that need attention.

I hope your future travels are less eventful and more relaxing.