1,515 results
All reviews double tree east wing the executive lounge revolving restaurant science museum diamond member nice hotel business trip upgraded to a suite century park maglev station hilton shanghai hotel staff fitness center concierge desk an upgrade high floor
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Had a prolonged 11 night stay due to work requirements yet it showed the high standard was consistent and each day the room was returned to 100% of my 1st impression, was in newer east wing, 28th floor, ok not the best of views and the west tower had a large new office block? going up next door yet you would not know it inside, friendly and very helpful staff, 3 mins from Pudong airport is a 130 RMB ride, only draw back is its not central to city and Bund but a 20 RMB taxi or 7 RMB nearby underground rail is handy. The local cuisine restaurant has a decent menu, room service also good and reasonably priced. Is close to science museum also. Overall can recommend this hotel, 5 star and like many in China pretty cheap in comparison to other cities Hilton brand hotels

Room Tip: at present request east wing as quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Royaashcroft,

Thank you for the wonderful review and five stars. It was good to read that we stayed consistent in our service quality during your 11 night stay. Next time you come in, try the Maglev Train from the airport. I used it last week, it took me only 18 minutes from PVG to the hotel. This included the train ride and a short jump in a taxi to the Doubletree. Very fast and a nice ride. Also less expensive than a taxi from the airport.

Come back soon and stay longer!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Recently graduated from college and have started to travel more. I do not know why I have chosen to become a loyal customers of Hilton, but haven't regret so since.

I arrived in Shanghai on May 17th and checked in to this amazing hotel. As a gold elite, I was upgraded to an executive suite. The room is HUGE, especially compared to the executive room of Hilton Shanghai (Jingan). Moreover the room was clean and spotless.

The next morning, my gf and I enjoyed an amazing breakfast down at the executive lounge, where you will be viewing an amazingly designed garden. The view itself deserves a visit.

May 18th was my gf's birthday, I put in an request for a cake, in which I am willing to pay for. But the hotel not only gave us the cake for free but also wrote a personal letter for my gf, what more can you ask?

I've also had the opportunity to utilize the fitness room and sauna. I would say that the fitness room needs additional space, it gets quite crowdy in the morning. The sauna is great but the shower rooms only had shampoo (no body wash, no conditioner).

Overall experience with the hotel is awesome. Love the room, service, and staffs.
This hotel beats Jingan Hilton in every way except for the views. Will definitely stay here for my next visit to Shanghai. Thank you Double Tree Hilton for this memorable experience.

Room Tip: East Wing is better
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear LinR,

Thank you for your wonderful review and five (5) star rating. I was so happy to read that we made your GF's birthday a memorable experience. We should always take care of our loved ones and make them feel special. It was good to see that you were able to fit in a workout and steam during your visit. We are developing plans to enlarge the facility and install new equipment. I will get with the Fitness Center Manager and discuss the shower amenities.

Keep on staying at Hilton's Worldwide, I want to see you achieve the Diamond Level.

I look forward to your next visit, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Usually on my trip to Shanghai I stay at the Portman but its a long travel as my work is in Pudong. I decided to try doubletree and havent regreted the decision a bit.
The Room
I was upgraded to Kind suite in east wing on 30th floor and every aminety in the room was just right. Bed was comfortable, Top to bottom glass windows gave room the airy feel. Bathrooms were nice.
The Breakfast in Executive lounge
The executive lounge probably topped the experience. From the lounge you can see the well constructed Chiense style garden and it was a treat every morning. A five minute walk through it was just enough to charge up for the day. The waitresses at the lounge with their welcoming smile and top notch service made your tired day relaxing. Alina and others were just fantastic who would know when to serve and go away.

The Disappointment -
Concierge / Front desk....I would have rated it 5 star but I was rather disappointed with the concierge. Since I have been to China many times before I managed my way. For the class of this hotel I found it rather surprising that it missed the most important aspect of hotel guests....ensuring they feel welcome when they arrive, get help when they have to leave and provide information when needed. Both concierge and front desk wasnt bad but not worth 5-star...

Food (Not suitable for vegeterian) -
Vegeterianism is on rise and I would expect the hotel to have vegeterian friendly options. I missed the X-Sensation buffet dinners as there was hardly any vegeterian option. X-Sensation is the rotating restaurant in west wing on 46th floor...I believe a dinner buffest costs 243Yuan....

Feedback for the hotel - You need to have a link on site to print address in Chinese.

This will definately be on my list in my next stay...

Room Tip: If you are first time traveller make sure you get the hotel address in Chinese. Also make sure you print hotel address in Chinese before you arrive as most taxi drivers are not familiar with doubleetree hilton. They might be familiar with sofitel as hilton bought this from them.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear MoreIknowlessIknow,

Thank you for your recent review and four stars. I appreciate the time you took to give me your feedback. I was happy to read that you had an overall enjoyable experience. I will make sure the team in the Executive Lounge see your comments on their great service. I will also discuss your comments with the Concierge staff. They know they are the first line of service in the hotel and should be prepared to handle any questions and service opportunities. My next stop will be the kitchen and discuss with the Chef what we can do about offering some vegetarian items on our X-sensation buffet and also in our other outlet's a la carte menus.

The hotel's address in Chinese is very important and needs to be readily available for our guests to download off the website. Great idea.

By the way, great Tripadvisor moniker.

Many thanks!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great rooms, GM (David Givens) has everything running perfectly.

• Stayed: May 2012
Doubletree_Pudong, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear DuffyMich,

Thank you for the review and five stars. I enjoy meeting my guests and throughly enjoyed meeting you and having you stay at my wonderful property. Your comments are very kind. I still have a lot of work to do to make sure every guest experience is a wonderful one but I enjoy the challenge.

I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel when it was the Sofitel and recognised a number of the staff still working there.
Before arrival, I had received an email from the hotel asking me when I was expecting to arrive and indeed if there was anything I needed on arrival. As a Diamond member, I was particularly surprised by this welcome email and indeed took up the offer of asking for an early check-in seeing that our flight was arriving early in the morning and check in was from noon at the hotel.

On arrival, we were welcomed very well by the check in staff and before long we arrived in our corner suite. It was a real treat as we had booked a standard room. Armed with a warm chocolate chip cookie off we trotted to our "home away from home!"

The room was feel proportioned with a utility area with fridge and kettle, a sizable living area and a very comfortable king size bed with pillow-topped mattress, which provided us with a great night's sleep. The bathroom has floor to ceiling windows and a motorised blind, should you feel the need for privacy on a high floor. A walk-in shower and a deep bath tub complete the marble bathroom.

Breakfast was served for us in the Executive Lounge, which was one of the most spacious I have ever been in. Staff members (especially Betty and Hazel) were extremely helpful and most welcoming. Three chefs were standing ready to prepare eggs to order and the array of breakfast items was simply not to be rivaled anywhere else on the Hilton family network of hotels, especially in a lounge, where normally the breakfast is predominantly continental with one to three hot items in a buffet- style.

Another fantastic asset in this hotel is the team of concierges. They were amazing and were most helpful in sorting out problems we had with a tailor. Their English was outstanding and couldn't have been more helpful.

This will definitely be our hotel of choice in Shanghai and our thanks to the team there!

Room Tip: Make sure that you reserve a "non-smoking" room as "smoking" rooms are still the norm!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 747jet

Dear 747jet,

Thank you for you recent review and five Stars. It is great praise coming from a seasoned traveler and Hilton Diamond member. I will make sure that Betty, Hazel and the concierge staff get a chance to read your wonderful comments about the service they provided.

A warm chocolate chip cookie is great after a long flight, am glad you were able to enjoy one of our signature items.

I look forward to your next visit.