1,515 results
All reviews double tree east wing the executive lounge revolving restaurant science museum diamond member nice hotel business trip upgraded to a suite century park maglev station hilton shanghai hotel staff fitness center concierge desk an upgrade high floor
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I stayed here for 2 weeks during a work visit to Shanghai. This place is in many ways a very standard top end hotel: Big open foyer area, lots of business oriented amenities, expensive eating options and room service and rooms that are just a bit tired. However, I was very satisfied with the place and the staff were lovely.
In the rooms, the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of power points for charging devices. I was even able to use my australian plugs without an adapter in a few spots.
There is a medium sized 24 hr gym which was never too busy, regardless of what time of day I dropped in. Also there is a good sized 25m lap pool.
The foyer has several ATMs that accept foreign cards which makes it easy to get cash if you need it.
The hotel is located on a busy intersection and is away from the city centre but it is very easy to get around. You are less than 10 minutes walk from the Lancun Rd metro stop and about 15 minutes walk to the Shanghai Science metro stop (where you will find a large market as well) if you decide to do some exploring.
I was busy with work most days but didn't want to eat at the hotel due to high prices and so was happy to discover there are plenty of good places to eat scattered along Lancun Rd or just north of the hotel near a nice canal area.
The staff at the hotel were lovely. They provided all the service you expect from a high quality hotel brand.
This is a business oriented hotel, it is very standard and western but it provides a good service and is conveniently located if you decide to play tourist.

Room Tip: If you have an east facing room and you are staying in summer, remember to keep your blackout curtains closed in the morning. It gets HOT!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EmersonSRD
Reviewed September 11, 2017

I stayed here for 6 nights in September 2017 on business.
Location was excellent, about 15 minutes (approximately 20 RMB) from the Maglev train station (to the airport).
The hotel is about 15 minutes' walk away from the nearest MRT station (LanCun station), so getting around is fairly convenient. There are a large variety of restaurants around the MRT station area, including Western fast food joints like McDonald's, Domino's Pizza and KFC, besides local cuisine.
Check-in was quite efficient and I encountered no issues, and was even given a free cookie, which was a nice touch.
Room was spacious, very clean, ample lighting, and I had a considerably great view (I stayed on the 28th floor). Internet WiFi was free, and each room had its own WiFi router so connection was very stable, but the speed was just average, in my opinion.
Minibar was stocked, but not free.
The beds were very hard (which I liked, but may be uncomfortable for some).
Breakfast was pretty good, with a wide range of selection, both Chinese and Western.
The hotel offers free shuttle service when a certain number of rooms are booked.
One minor observation was that the interior decor in the hallways outside the rooms seem pretty dated (but not inside the rooms).
There is a 360-degree revolving restaurant on the top floor, which seemed interesting, but I did not try that.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible, for the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank WengHerng
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights on business. It was convenient to an exhibiting I was attending as they ran a shuttle to and from the exhibition. It is very close to the maglev station, about 20minutes and rmb25 by taxi. I booked an executive room, which included extra space and desk for working, buffet breakfast, evening cocktails and an excellent buffet for the cocktails hour(s). After the 1st night the staff new what I wanted to drink, and had it on the table when they saw me coming. Same thing in the morning with coffee. The free wifi is ok, each room has its own router. It was free throughout the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank BigRuss1213
Reviewed September 2, 2017

This hotel is fabulous in every way from the quality of the rooms to the staff and the treatment of Hilton Honors Gold members were exceptional . The room I had was huge and the marble bathroom a special touch. The staff were very attentive

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank 195EMW
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a night on Aug 29 as it was close to pudong airport (30 - 40 min) and I must say this hotel staff is least courteous and very unprofessional and rude. It says internet free but only for Hilton Honour guest. Otherwise just argue and fight with staff ( & if you are Chinese ) you may get a complimentary WiFi. During breakfast, the waiters had no idea what they were doing. They picked up stuff from my table when I was not even finished. Overall this is the worst hotel in Hilton group I guess. I will never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business