1,498 results
All reviewsdouble treeeast wingthe executive loungerevolving restaurantscience museumdiamond membernice hotelbusiness tripupgraded to a suitecentury parkmaglev stationhilton shanghaihotel stafffitness centerconcierge deskan upgradehigh floor
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Nice facility and staff. I was there for business so this was close to the venue i had to attend which was in the Pudong area. It wasn't hard to reach the the The Bund and associated tourist areas. I like to stay at Hilton properties.

Room Tip: good for business locations but you can laos reach the tourist areas easily
1  Thank TropicalMike
jackiewang2, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear TropicalMike,

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with the staff, facilities and location of the hotel. We would like to thank you very much again for your trust on Hilton.

Our entire management team and team members are looking forward to warmly welcome you back soon again.

Jackie Wang

Reviewed September 14, 2017

I stayed here on business for one night - not my normal Shanghai stay but this was organised by a colleague. On reception a disinterested staff member passed me a room card then moved onto to some more important task such as shuffling paper. I proceed to the nearby lifts, only to discover that there is no room for me. Back to the lobby where a (only slightly) more helpful person advises me to walk to the other wing, where I finally locate a lift and eventually my room. If you have two separate towers, some distance apart, why would you not tell your guests in which tower they are staying? Especially the case where the main check-in desk is right next to a lift lobby, while the other one is a 100m walk via a small unmarked door out of sight of reception. Isn't this service 101? If its too difficult or too uninteresting for your staff to do this, then buy a sign!

As we had an early kick-off and as I generally despise Chinese hotel buffet breakfasts, I completed and placed on the door in good time my breakfast order. Come time to leave and I discover it is still in place - but get this, some hotel worker had placed over the order card the newspaper bag! So someone saw the order and decided its not their job.

I complained to the hotel staff at check-out, where I finally encountered someone with service training and aptitude - note to hotel management: keep and promote this woman. She will be needed to train all the new staff I think this hotel needs.

To the credit of the Doubletree Hilton I received an email later that day apologizing for the error.

On my return to Shanghai I stayed at the Hilton instead. It would take something serious to get me back to this Doubletree..

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank DrStoat
jackiewang2, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear DrStoat,

Thank you very much for your kindness to share all your experience with us. We do apologize for the inconvenience that caused to you.

We are highly alert that all new associates should have been received comprehensive trainings before being sent to the front. We will focus on that and ensure a better experience for your next check-in here in DoubleTree Shanghai.

Florian

Reviewed September 14, 2017

I stayed here for two nights on a recent business trip. The hotel is exceptionally well designed, with contemporary Chinese paintings and artefacts adorning the walls and hallways of the hotel. The hotel is split into two wings, with the majority of the rooms in the West Wing. The reception area is beautiful with very helpful and courteous staff. The rooms are well sized with a very large bathroom with separate bath and shower. The housekeeping staff were very efficient and polite. I had the buffet breakfast in the hotel, and it was very tasty offering a large selection of various cuisines, including Western (e.g. fried breakfast and cereal) and oriental (e.g. congee). The restaurant staff were very polite and courteous. Whilst I had a very nice and comfortable stay, I will admit that Mandarin, expectedly is the predominantly spoken language, including in the hotel. Although there were English speaking staff, some times it made communication quite complex, and questions had to be asked twice before a basic level of understanding was achieved. However, do not let this detract from what was a very nice stay, in a hotel that is well located (about ten minutes from the Bund viewing point, if you wanted to see something touristy), and staff are very courteous and efficient.

Room Tip: Have a Mandarin phrasebook with you - just in case!
1  Thank Dom9610

Dear Dom9610,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with your stay in our hotel. We would like to thank you very much again as it is distinguished guest like yours that support us and encourage us to create among all our team members great energy and confidence. We will enhance the training on English to improve guest communication experience.

Jackie Wang

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I stayed here for 2 weeks during a work visit to Shanghai. This place is in many ways a very standard top end hotel: Big open foyer area, lots of business oriented amenities, expensive eating options and room service and rooms that are just a bit tired. However, I was very satisfied with the place and the staff were lovely.
In the rooms, the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of power points for charging devices. I was even able to use my australian plugs without an adapter in a few spots.
There is a medium sized 24 hr gym which was never too busy, regardless of what time of day I dropped in. Also there is a good sized 25m lap pool.
The foyer has several ATMs that accept foreign cards which makes it easy to get cash if you need it.
The hotel is located on a busy intersection and is away from the city centre but it is very easy to get around. You are less than 10 minutes walk from the Lancun Rd metro stop and about 15 minutes walk to the Shanghai Science metro stop (where you will find a large market as well) if you decide to do some exploring.
I was busy with work most days but didn't want to eat at the hotel due to high prices and so was happy to discover there are plenty of good places to eat scattered along Lancun Rd or just north of the hotel near a nice canal area.
The staff at the hotel were lovely. They provided all the service you expect from a high quality hotel brand.
This is a business oriented hotel, it is very standard and western but it provides a good service and is conveniently located if you decide to play tourist.

Room Tip: If you have an east facing room and you are staying in summer, remember to keep your blackout curtains closed in the morning. It gets HOT!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EmersonSRD
Reviewed September 11, 2017

I stayed here for 6 nights in September 2017 on business.
Location was excellent, about 15 minutes (approximately 20 RMB) from the Maglev train station (to the airport).
The hotel is about 15 minutes' walk away from the nearest MRT station (LanCun station), so getting around is fairly convenient. There are a large variety of restaurants around the MRT station area, including Western fast food joints like McDonald's, Domino's Pizza and KFC, besides local cuisine.
Check-in was quite efficient and I encountered no issues, and was even given a free cookie, which was a nice touch.
Room was spacious, very clean, ample lighting, and I had a considerably great view (I stayed on the 28th floor). Internet WiFi was free, and each room had its own WiFi router so connection was very stable, but the speed was just average, in my opinion.
Minibar was stocked, but not free.
The beds were very hard (which I liked, but may be uncomfortable for some).
Breakfast was pretty good, with a wide range of selection, both Chinese and Western.
The hotel offers free shuttle service when a certain number of rooms are booked.
One minor observation was that the interior decor in the hallways outside the rooms seem pretty dated (but not inside the rooms).
There is a 360-degree revolving restaurant on the top floor, which seemed interesting, but I did not try that.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible, for the best views.
1  Thank WengHerng