Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
US$220
US$157
US$133
1,291 results
All reviewsbusiness tripbreakfast buffetroom servicelobby loungechinese restaurantluxury hotelconcierge staffexcellent staygreat roomf bhotel roomindoor poolexcellent hotelcentral locationgrand hyattrooms are largenanjing road
Reviewed December 11, 2011

It has a convenient location, near the Nanjing West Road subway station, about 8 -10 minutes away and there are quite a number of shops and restaurants near subway . But beware that now next to the hotel is a very big construciton site. It looks that it would take at least 2 -3 years to complete.

Layout of lobyy is very good. But the lobby restaurant doesn't look very much match the hotel. Checked in at the club floor. The club has a very good view of the surrounding area. Staff at the club floor has very good standard of service, no doubt. Food, drinks and computer avaibale inside.

I stayed in a room with very much space, about 60 sqaure metres. The room has a very nice closet area, spacious and bright bathroom. Toilet, shower and bathtub are all separated. L'occitane amenities are available.

The room has a 2-seater and a 1-seater sofa, a TV set, a writing desk and mini-bar, and a plant, which is interesting to be placed next to the bed. I would say the room layout is not very well thought, though it provided everything you needed. For a Four Seasons, you expect more than the basic provisions, but style and taste. The bed is too soft, and seems used for a long time, the centre of the bed is so soft that you felt like sleeping in a depression. I had to move my body in midnight to the side to gain a firm part of the bed.

I also visited the indoor pool on 4/F in one morning, there was no other guest at the time. It has a 25M rectangular pool and a hot water jacuzzi. Towel, loung chairs, water, magazines, background music are available. Do make some exercise if you have time.

Breakfast provided a big variety of food, Shanghainese style for sure, western, and even Japanese. Food quality is generally good, but the coffee served is not hot, so I have to ask for a change, which I don't expect to happen in a Four Seasons. Other than that, the hotel is a good hotel, but one would expect more from a Four Seasons. Frankly, I feel more like I was in a good Le Meridien than in a Four Seasons.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CLau888
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed the last 3 days of a 2-week trip. Staff went above and beyond. Had a communication problem with a tailor and the concierge translated my concerns. The breakfast buffet was great too. Very welcoming. For two women traveling alone, we felt very safe here too.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us. We are honored to be part of your trip.Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I had been discouraged to book this hotel based on a number of TA reviews saying the hotel wasn't up to Four Seasons standards. Having stayed at a fair number of Four Seasons I am used to the usual exceptional service, so I had booked elsewhere but at the last minute I thought I would give it a try for myself.
Overall it stood up to the standards maintained by the group. Aside from a delay at check in due to a long queue and what appeared to be local travel organizers ignoring queue and taking considerable time, my stay was fine. An apology was made and it appeared to be genuine. I was early however room was ready and no problems whatsoever. The room was spacious and sufficiently modern, and the staff were excellent across the board, concierge, room service, breakfast restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you so much for spending time on sharing your experience.We really appreciate your trust on Four Seasons Hotel.We will strive to maintain our best service and facilities to exceed guest expectation.Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Should you have any questions and concerns, please contact us directly through pr.shg@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

...I think one or half notch below what you would typically solid expect from a Four Season around the world. The location was my biggest complain, it's far from most tourist attractions. Service was also below expectations. Hotel staff at the front desk and concierge were not helpful and actually felt like they had an attitude issue, quite strange as I've never had this issue at other Four Seasons hotels.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
FourSeasons_Shanghai, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted on TripAdvisor relating to your stay with us of late last year. We naturally are concerned to read your feedback relating to concierge and front desk service and apologize for any inconveniences caused and would appreciate more details in order to address the shortcomings.

Thank you in advance and I can be contacted at peter.weber@fourseasons.com.

Peter Weber
Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai

Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here during our 5 day visit in Shanghai. This hotel is centrally located with easy access to most of the neighborhoods in Shanghai. As expected from a Four Seasons hotel, they provide well appointed rooms with excellent service. The gym and pool area are quite nice and the breakfast buffet is amazing! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for liking our gym, pool and breakfast. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Should you have any questions and concerns, please contact us directly through pr.shg@fourseasons.com