All reviews shanghai indoor stadium wendy wu star hotel complimentary toiletries breakfast was buffet style room furniture large comfortable bed metro station bit dated breakfast was excellent nice hotel chinese options hotel is located stayed here for nights shopping mall the breakfast area train tickets
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Good size room, but slight remaining tobacco odor ;-( Swimming pool, but too warm to really swim. Do not forget the mandatory swim cap. And the fitness room has carpet on the floor, which is dirty - need vacuum cleaning !

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

The Hua Ting Towers Hotel looks very fancy in the lobby and the public spaces but the rooms are quite shabby. The hotel is very warm everywhere and you cannot open room windows. The view on the back side is of a garbage dump. The food is fine and the restaurant in the lobby is okay. The location is not bad, near the stadium and a subway stop.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank cbn260
Reviewed December 11, 2017

I have stayed hundreds of nights at Huating, and I like it. Especially their excellent breakfast buffet, comfortable beds, friendly personnel and good location just above Shanghai Indoor Stadium metro station.

Huating is already little bit worn, will probably be renovated soon. It is not the cheapest place to stay in Shanghai, but it is worth its price.

Spring times and autumn times are problematic for the room temperature as they seem to switch on the air condintioning/heating with calendar, not according to the actual weather. Sunshine on spring time make the rooms very hot, and cold weeks on autumn made me once buy a small electrical heater.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank VPJK
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Well this hotel is described as a great place - is it?
Checking in - no problem really staff are polite - limited English though but no problem with that - I am a visitor so should make the effort to speak a little Chinese!
Rooms - well I turned down the first one - the hotel is ‘non-smoking’ the room I was offered absolutely ‘reeked’ of cigarettes- it was awful - I was given another room which was OK with no smell! However be warned - it seems that no one takes any notice of the no smoking policy - every day smoke is wafting along the corridors - it’s not good at all in fact it’s quite offensive in this day and age!
My room was adequate but a little tired I’m sorry to say - bed was large and comfortable ( it was a hard bed which I like).
Cleaned every day and staff are very polite.
Tv - if you need this there are no English programs ( in fact I couldn’t get mine to work at all - but I didn’t need it!)
Food - only had breakfast but it is a large buffet style with lots of options - very busy in there but still good!
Bar - OK but two beers cost me around £15 so it’s expensive- go to the 24/7 store next door and get a take in!
Overall an OK hotel - but I’m sure there are much better in Shanghai- however you get what you pay for I suppose?
Needs a revamp really ( rooms )

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Bapsy3732
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

It wasn't a bad hotel but I wouldn't rate it as a 5 star hotel. The hotel itself was in a good location and was extremely close to the subway, the mall and various restaurants. The downstairs was pretty but once you took the elevator up to the rooms this is where I'd say it was more of a 4 star hotel. The carpet in the hallway and in the rooms looked old. The hairdryer in the rooms didn't work and some of the machines in the gym were not well maintained. The elliptical worked but barely. I say this because I couldn't see the time or any of the numbers on the machine; therefore, I was a little disappointed. When it comes to the staff and the cleanliness I have absolutely no complaints.

Trip type: Travelled with friends