US$97
US$80
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$130
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$395
US$150
US$129
US$224
2,546 results
All reviewszhongshan parkresidence cluboutdoor poolpark viewexecutive floorclub loungespecial thanksbusiness tripconvenient locationduty managerhome away from homemetro linecomfortable stayhotel is locatedmy colleagueexcellent hotelshopping mall
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I strongly recommend stay at Now World hotel locates at downtown Shanghai. Especially 38th floor lounge provide me a wonderful weekend relax. It's nearby metro station and easy to get taxi. Chongshan park is nearby for jogging and running. Basically room, dinning and service are very good and worthy.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
MarcelvanMierlo, General Manager at New World Shanghai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear ttravis2018,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review! It's nice to hear your positive comments about our hotel after your stay with us and thank you for sharing these with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor Community.

I appreciate your nice comments about our fantastic location with lots of shopping and dining options around us plus right on top of the Metro Station serving lines 2, 3 and 4, opposite the beautiful and historic Zhongshan Park. Thank you also for your kind remarks about our Residence Club Living Room on the 38th floor and our Food and Beverage outlets.

We now look forward to see you back here in the New World Shanghai Hotel very soon on one of your return trips to Shanghai and thank you again for your positive comments and Tripadvisor contribution!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I like the 38F residenc club very much. The environment is very quiet. The food is very good too . The staffs of residence club are very kind and easygoing. The hotel nearly the Zhongshan park. It's very beautiful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear 779591453,

I appreciate your nice comments about our fantastic location right on top of the Metro Station serving lines 2, 3 and 4, opposite the beautiful and historic Zhongshan Park. Thank you also for your kind remarks about our Residence Club Living Room on the 38th floor with its dedicated team of Associates and outstanding Food and Beverage offer.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Go for Residence Club at some extra cost. The benefits are manifold! You get express check-in and check-out at the Club Lounge at 38th floor (most likely) with very courteous staff. So can avoid the rush in the normal reception at the lobby- which stays overcrowded because of many airline crews at all time. This hotel had arrangements with many airlines for their crew's layover stays! The club lounge is 180 + 180 view (360 if you add the two sides :P) of the city. Club guests are entitled
for breakfast in the common restaurant with a bigger spread or in exclusive club lounge with a smaller but sufficient spread in a better ambiance. Also club lounge offer complimentary food, snacks until 7:00 in the evening with a happy hour for complimentary drinks up to 4:30 or so (stayed almost a year back, advised to check the timings).

Tidy and clean room and bathroom with all standard amenities. Comfy bed. Don't recall any issues save for some air conditioning issue in one of the rooms (we took three). When we contacted the Club desk, they immediately arranged a change of room and actually did an up-gradation to a single-bedroom suite! Loved that special hospitality!

Location-wise its in the heart of Shanghai in the Changning district; near the main entrance of lovely Zhongshan Park. A subway entry/exit for Line#2 actually is under this hotel! A few shopping places and multi-cuisine eateries are on the side road and local cuisine restaurants are on the front road (the hotel is in the junction of two roads). The location is a blend of modern and traditional Shanghai.

All in all me and my guests all loved the experience. Shall look forward to check in again in future.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor room. If possible go for Club floors. Rooms both side offer magnificent city view. But I preferred the Park view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank hasska

Dear hasska,

Thank you for your recent review! It's nice to hear your enthusiastic comments about our hotel after your stay with us and thank you for sharing these with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor Community.

I appreciate your nice comments about our newly renovated Residence Club guest rooms and Living Room on the 38th floor with spectacular city views and dedicated team of Associates. It's great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and cocktail hour there and I appreciate your comments about the quality of our Food and Beverage offer.

Thank you also for pointing out our fantastic location with lots of shopping and dining options around us plus right on top of the Metro Station serving lines 2, 3 and 4, opposite the beautiful Zhongshan Park. I am very happy to hear you also explored our neighbourhood that you accurately describe as 'modern and traditional Shanghai' combined.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Environmental is good, service is also good
Food is quite nice, very thanks carmen. Carmen is very good .38 floor service very very good. I,am so lucky come the hotle .the happy hour very nice .I will come back in this hotle .Lastly stanks carmen very much.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
MarcelvanMierlo, General Manager at New World Shanghai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Dear lionwoods007,

Thank you for your recent review! It's nice to hear your positive comments about our hotel and thank you for sharing these with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor Community.

I appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and Residence Club Living Room with its excellent food and beverage offer and dedicated team of Associates. Thank you for pointing out Carmen who looked after you and made your stay a memorable one. I will make sure she gets recognised for a job well done!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

My experience at New World Hotel was mixed.
The airport team of Stephen, Sam & Mathew were extraordinarily efficient in ensuring I was picked up and returned to the airport after my 12 day stay.
The staff in the 38th floor clubhouse restaurant - Erin, Johnson, Carmen and Lily - were simply excellent at all times at addressing my needs.
However, the swimming pool was not functioning again during my entire stay.
The air conditioning system was turned off even though outside temperatures were starting to climb and humidity was increasing during my stay from March 16 to March 26, 2018.
Final criticism is that the cost of hotel laundry service is exorbitant - and is seriously overpriced - even by the standard of hotel laundry service
The Fitness Center was adequate for my needs.
The elevators in this building are very fast and efficient.
Hotel is well located about 15 minutes by taxi to Bund and French Quarter

Room Tip: Rooms on 32nd floor and above can use the Clubhouse on 38th floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear 230ianr53,

Thank you for your recent review! It's nice to hear your constructive comments about our hotel and thank you for sharing these with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor Community.

Let me first of all apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I am very sorry that the closure of our pool was not properly explained to you. During the winter we close the pool as it's outdoor and not heated and therefore not suitable to be used during the colder weather and we plan to open it again once the weather improves. Same goes for our Air conditioning that is operating normally but due to the colder weather outside makes use of the colder fresh air to cool the rooms as part of our environmental initiatives. Our laundry prices get reviewed once a year and I have to assure you that they are in line with our competitors.

At the same time I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the dedicated service levels by our Airport and Residence Club Living Room teams. I will pass your compliments to Stephen, Sam, Mathew, Erin, Johnson, Carmen and Lily for looking after you and make sure they are recognised for a job well done.

We now look forward to see you back here in the New World Shanghai Hotel very soon on one of your return trips to Shanghai and on that occasion hope to exceed your expectations!