“Why Bar Rouge is So Popular?”
Review of Bar Rouge

Bar Rouge
Book In Advance
More Info
US$151.00*
and up
Shanghai Luxury Dinner and Nightlife Experience...
Ranked #4 of 97 Nightlife in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: Stunning views of the Bund from the Sky Club patio and regular mention on “Best Bars in the World” lists make this the city’s most famous bar. It’s a breathtaking spot for an after-work drink or a pumping party place after the crowds arrive from 9pm onwards. International DJs regularly spin up servings of chunky house and dirty electro.
Reviewed October 25, 2018

Bar Rouge is not my favorite place, not even for private events. I always have a Bar Rouge Nightmare. I normally don't like to go there. But once in a blue moon, when friends are going to Bar Rouge, I like to join them but never came back with a positive experience. It's always negative. I have no idea, why this bar is so popular?

Yes, the location is one of the best on the Bund. No doubt, the open rooftop bar is beautiful. But the overall environment is not. Last night, we went to Bar Rouge with few new friends from Shanghai Edition. It was past midnight, not very crowded. Everything was ok, except one of our friend from Mexico had a bill trouble with one of the Bartender. We felt the Bartender was unprofessional and disrespectful. Later, one of the manager solved the problem. We left after 2am. Everybody was starving. We tried three four McDonalds nearby. But they are all closed.
It was full moon. But what a night!

A Bar Rouge Night always Full of Nightmares.
There are much better place in Shanghai. Don't Go to Bar Rouge.

1  Thank deepknight
in 6 reviews
"china"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Bar Rouge was good, offering great views. I removed a star because the drinks were not done very well.

If you’re looking for somewhere to drink, just go downstairs to Mr. & Mrs. Bund. Same price with a better, less crowded terrace and unobstructed view. The drinks are better made also.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

The bar itself is a little overhyped - but the location is out of this world. Get there at 8pm for a table - no need to prepay the minimum charge in advance. It fills up at 9pm and a fun night will follow.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I went to Shanghai this summer for business, and I spent a great night here with some friends! I found it just a little crowded, but just for one night out is ok.

Date of experience: July 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

On the 7th floor and pretty hard to find. This place is packed even on a Weekday night. Mostly foreigners on the bar and the deck open top area. Rmb100 comes with a drink but we got a bottle of whiskey and had a nice seat.
Maybe it’s Latino night but all night we’re playing Latino music and people were having a good time swaying.
If u are alone and foreigner, you can easily be picked up by the night girls or even by a guy as I have seen many come and go just within the few hours I have been there.
It’s a place to see and being seen!

Date of experience: September 2018