US$216
Book now, pay at stay
US$148
US$131
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$220
US$297
US$248
  • Pool
All reviewsthumb plazaradisson blubusiness tripcarrefour supermarketoutdoor poolnice hotelbusiness hotelrooms are cleanmaglev stationpudong airportbreakfast buffet ishotel is locatedchinese foodthe club loungetaxi driverchinaenglish
Reviewed July 10, 2017

in general good hotel with fancy room, very good internet connection that can even connect to netflex! great breakfast. close to few shopping and a lot of restaurants. friendly hotel stuff. Hua Mu subway station is some distance away but still walkable. I had some incidents with transpo, but Hotel Manager Dicksens Li helped me clarified that root case in speedy manner and also proposed the solution. happy that my voice is heard. would come back in the future.

Room Tip: make sure to only ask for hotel stuff with proper name tag to order real transport for you
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
li l, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Mr. Chan,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.
I have shared your kind words with the team. We are also very glad that you enjoy hotel's location and facilities. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back soon. Wishing you safe travels and stay well.
Yours sincerely, Dickens Li

Reviewed July 6, 2017

My colleague and I stayed here for a nearby conference and we encountered problematic taxis on two separate occasions, both of which the hotel staffs were of great help.

1. A taxi driver was demanding 'extra payment' from my colleague (who doesn't speak any Chinese) upon dropping her off at the hotel. The concierge staffs came to her aid and negotiated her out of the ridiculous demand.

2. Upon my check out day, my taxi overcharged my trip by a large margin (the receipt from his meter doubled my travel distance). Upon notifying the hotel, the concierge who picked up my issue personally contacted me via WeChat for information, checked the hotel record, and helped sorted out my complaint to the taxi company. As a result, I received the money (and extra compensation) back within a few days.

This personal touch and sense of service is amazing!

Room Tip: The hotel is far away from the nearest metro station (shanghai science and technology museum station)

Dear Mr. Kongboonma,

Thank you for taking time to sharing your experience recently staying at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park. My colleague and I take pride in our mission to completely delight and satisfy our guests. We are committed to making a difference every day, continually getting better to keep us the best. Only by candid comments such as yours are we able to identify opportunities to continue to improve on the products and services of the hotel.
I am naturally delighted that you ranked your overall experience and other services at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park as 'Great'. Nothing will give me greater pleasure than to be able to convey your kind words of praise onto my colleagues at Concierge team. It gives us all great pleasure to know that our efforts to provide quality service to our guests are recognized.
Mr.Kongboonma, on behalf of my colleagues, thank you again for you time and feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park in the not too distant future.
Yours,

Reviewed July 4, 2017

Had a couple of nights in this hotel on business and it was my first time staying at this hotel. Had a suite on the 11th floor. Room was clean but design looked tired.

So the good stuff first. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Had a good sleep. Breakfast was great. Lots of choices. If you have a suite, you get to access the Club Lounge which is a quiet place for you to dine which is much appreciated. The hotel is located next to a complex with lots of restaurants, pubs and shops. Close to the SNIEC but note that taxis do not like to take you from the hotel to the SNIEC because it is too close and they don't earn much money so they try to drive a circuitous route.

There is a nearby park, Century Park, that is quite pretty and one round around the outside of the park is about 5 kms. Great for an evening jog.

Next, the not so good stuff. Bottled water provided was not enough as the bottles were much smaller than normal. There was no sign stating if the tap water was drinkable or not. Shower door would not close properly resulting in water wetting the floor which gets quite slippery as it's marble. Since it was a short stay, I did not request that maintenance fix this issue. Just stuck a towel there to soak up the water.

Staff at the egg counter would make me an omelette and give it away to someone else. Same for the soup noodle counter. They need additional training. Room Wifi speeds were acceptable but slowed down in the evenings.

Finally, when it came time to leave after checking out, the staff at the front hailed one of the dark blue taxis waiting outside. This turned out to be a scam as I caught the driver manually increasing the metered distance to the point that the distance was already more than the actual distance to the airport with 8 kms still to go! I told him that he was cheating and that I would report him. He shut down his meter and agreed to charge me 120 RMB which is about right as I paid 114 RMB on the trip in. If he had left the meter on, it would have ended up at 180 RMB or more! Although this is not the hotel's issue, I cannot help but feel that the front door staff are in on it. There are other Trip Advisor reports that state that others from this hotel have been cheated in similar ways. So beware.

Room Tip: Get a club lounge room if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
li l, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear Veloblur,
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your comments with us regarding to your recent stay at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our rooms, facilities as well as breakfast. We will do better training to our staff to improve their service standard and quality. As to the taxi problem, we believe it belongs to the third party transportation. We have no relationship with such third party. Additionally, I have reinforced with all my management team to ensure that this does not happen again, furthermore, we will call police when we find such situation. We are taking the necessary steps to delight our guests. Your feedback has been shared and well appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels take you to Shanghai again.
Yours,

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Room was quite spacious and good, spacious bathroom as well but the service quality didn't match the property.
1. There was a weird sound in the room all the time coming from window fixtures, like thak thak
2. Asked for bed linen change twice but it wasn't done, asked for free shoe shine service but it wasn't done
3. Breakfast items which got over wasn't refilled. A hot chocolate was served which wasn't hot at all.

Dear Amit A,
Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park and posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. It is such a shame that, because of the sounds from window, you had an uncomfortable stay. Kindly be informed that we are just working on fixing our windows to insure that our guest have a comfortable stay. We will do better training to our housekeeping and Food & beverage department about service standard and quality. I really hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver a memorable experience for your future stay. Yours sincerely, Dickens Li

Reviewed June 17, 2017

For three days I got room in old short building. The room is quite clean and spacious but it's old.The bathroom is also standard.
The last day I got room in separate wing, the tall one. This one is newer, lot better. The room is more spacious. The bathroom is also larger, have bathtub and shower box

Anyway the location is good. Near to the century park, near to carrefour and lots of dining places.

Room Tip: ask for new building, tall one. Not the old short building
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
li l, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Dear Christine H,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park. We are happy that in general you are satisfied with your stay in our hotel.

We understand that you were not satisfied with the condition of room in our tower B. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We are planning to renovate hotel rooms recently. We have already discussed this matter with The Head of Department concerned and actions will be taken immediately.

At Grand Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We thank you your sharing your concerns, and we wish you a pleasant stay in our hotel.