US$146
Agoda.com
US$174
US$133
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$107
US$219
US$133
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfuxing parkfrench concessionlong hallwaytv standcd dvd playerquiet neighborhoodsigns of wearwalking distancefalling asleephuaihai roadlarge bathroomhigh end shoppingsoaking tublight switcheshotel entranceturn down serviceupgraded to a suite
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Pudi hotel

Stayed here for two nights to hang out with friends visiting from Miami.  Hotel is located a short walking distance from the new restaurants / bars (ie the Alchemist) at the recently renovated Sinan Mansion (a series of villas)  It was also a short cab ride to many of my favorite haunts in Shanghai.

Paid rmb3167 for two nights in a spacious room with free wifi, a long hallway, large writing desk, small dining table, lounge chair, proper stand alone bathtub, floor to ceiling windows in the small nooks and etc. It was cold at night in Shanghai but quite sunny in the day time so the ability to control my room's temperature was much appreciated.

Overall, the room was well designed and comfortable.  Loved the cushioned bedroom slippers.  Room was decent value esp since the Puli (close by JingAn temple) cost rmb 2500 a night (but I loved it....) so Pudi is a good cheaper alternative.

Minor issues that made this not a perfect 5
- karaoke downstairs (not part of hotel) continued til 130 at night, didn't prevent me from falling asleep, but was slightly annoying
- I arrived after midnight with my luggage, was given the room key but no one offered to help with luggage or show me to the room
- below average workmenship eg. in bathroom. The knob to choose one of the two showerheads had a small moonshaped hole visible right behind-- guess when they cut out the space needed from the marble, measurements were wrong

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Anilegna
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The hotel itself is top and offers excellent value for Shanghai. We were wondering why this hotel offers comparably low prices for what they offer. Once you experience their staff you know why they have to be a bit cheaper than other top hotels in the area: The staff is very friendly and helpful but they do not have 5* quality. So if you do not mind if the service staff is not perfect go there. I will definitely stay there again when I am in Shanghai next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank csac3173
Reviewed February 26, 2011

After traveling in China for nearly two weeks, my family and I have stayed in quite a few hotels. Pudi Hotel was our last stop before heading back to the United States. It is an ultra-chic hotel, as ultra-chic as Shanghai is striving to be, outfitted with: an LED-illuminated elevator, a vertical fish tank with vigorously swimming tetras outside each room (water is a favorite element in fenshui), numerous empty bird cages hanging (not sure what element of fengshui this alludes to), an 8th-floor restaurant with bar and roofdeck garden, free wi-fi Internet access, stereo system (and mood music to go with), modern artwork over the king-size bed, soft lighting the likes one finds in Design Within (or is it Beyond) Reach, a clock that reflects the time of the day on the ceiling, a sleek minibar, glass mosaic-tiled bathroom with a huge bathtub and rainforest-style shower, the standard electric kettle, slippers and four robes.

Did I mention the four robes? Two for apres bath, the other two for just lounging around. All are made of the softest material. The toiletry is l'Occitane. What more can I say? I was in heaven!

Of course there were little things I wasn't completely satisfied with: The hair dryer stopped working halfway. Then, we were told that even though we had paid for our four-year-old through Expedia while booking the hotel, we had to pay 320 yuan extra per night for an extra bed (but they did provide a crib, just too bad that my daughter did not fit into it). I wasn't sure whom to blame, but apparently it is customary to charge for an extra bed in China.

I found Pudi to be romantic, hidden (in a cul-de-sac), luxurious and quiet (I did not have trouble with the night club mentioned by other reviewers). I could spend the whole day lounging around in my room but there were tons of things to do in Shanghai! Pudi reflects the spirit of today's Shanghai: that it wants to be ultra-modern and super-chic.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MmeW
Reviewed January 8, 2011

This hotel is stylish and elegant inside and set in the French Concession near Fuxing Park, a beautiful part of Shanghai away from the hustle and bustle of Pudong. However, the intense construction work going on outside to part of the hotel itself was horrendous. Constant drilling!

I would have rated this a 5 if they had have acknowledged the building work and discounted the rooms accordingly but to pay full price when you can't get a good nights sleep is not good. We arrived before official check-in, they let us up to our room which was great, huge bathroom and beautifully decorated but when we checked out they tried to charge us an extra half day rate for the earlier check-in despite never mentioning that on arrival.

This hotel could be great as it is in a lovely part of Shanghai but they genuinely need to work on the customer service!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Superb service, a spacious room with colossal bath containing endless amenities with superbly comfortable bed are where the pleasures of this low-key boutique hotel begin. The staff could not be more friendly, helpful and efficient.

The overall experience was that of a home away from home with nothing overlooked to make us comfortable and welcome. The tasteful appointment of the common areas and restaurant relaxed and soothed us for the duration of our five day stay.

The staff made restaurant and massage reservations, called cabs and went out of their way to make our stay a superbly enjoyable experience from the night we arrived to the morning we departed.

We would stay nowhere else ini Shanghai when we next return.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple