All reviewsfuxing parkfrench concessionlong hallwaycd dvd playertv standquiet neighborhoodsigns of wearwalking distancefalling asleephuaihai roadlarge bathroomhigh end shoppingsoaking tublight switcheshotel entranceturn down serviceupgraded to a suite
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I really had a great experience at the Pudi. A chinese friend knew someone who worked here a while back and was impressed I got a good rate on a web booking page. I was told by her this was an upmarket boutique hotel. The entrance is actually to the side of the building and yes there is some construction next door but I never heard from my room or at night. This is a growing city you can get that anywhere in Shanghai! It is quite dark and chic...even in the halls and bedroom but...I thinks its one of the more glam hotels I stayed in and the room was very large. The bathroom was also like another room and a lovely lounger in the window area to relax on. The TV faced the bed and was huge with a CD/DVD player (Oscars the DVD store is around the corner!). The opposite side of the TV stand is a well stocked bar and very slick looking. There is a kitchen sink area with microwave and plates and glasses. Very discreet and chic looking.

Location - 1 street from Huaihai Rd and literally around the corner from the entrance to Fuxing Park. You can walk to Xintiandi, Get a massage and manicure five minutes walk and its also a 10-15 bminute walk to the new Sinan mansions area with bars and restaurants. I even WALK to Taikang Rd from here. You cant beat the location.

Staff very helpful and considerate and booked taxis for me in advance for business meetings further out the city. I would stay again just for the location in the French concession. Only down sides were...no real hot water, just warm so it was no good for a bath and I did hear some singing from the Karaoke restaurant round the corner but it was not loud and I kind of liked being lulled to sleep by the sounds of this. Several lovely coffee places nearby 19 Cafe on SInan Rd was great and Helen nails and a massage place also nearby. Cant beat this area and cool boutique stay! Staff were always friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SiobhanPDublin
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was as good as the reviews, very spacious and quiet, worth the $

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in September 2010.
This is a wonderful hotel! I was concerned about the noise that some of
the tripadvisor review mentioned, but we didn't hear any single noise while we were
staying there.

The room is clean, spacious. Bathroom was huge!
They had L'occitane amenities.

If you stay in this hotel, there is a nice, cheap Chinese restaurants full of locals
just around the corner-their food was great! There are also some cute cafes
near the hotel(includes the one in front of the hotel).
Definitely try to take a walk in a park right next to the hotel in the morning-
It's full of local Chinese practicing dancing.

The hotel is located in very convenient location, and the room was beyond what
we were expecting. Staff are very friendly and helpful (very good English speakers).
I'd love to go back there sometime!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrs_komaba
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Pudi hotel

Stayed here for two nights to hang out with friends visiting from Miami.  Hotel is located a short walking distance from the new restaurants / bars (ie the Alchemist) at the recently renovated Sinan Mansion (a series of villas)  It was also a short cab ride to many of my favorite haunts in Shanghai.

Paid rmb3167 for two nights in a spacious room with free wifi, a long hallway, large writing desk, small dining table, lounge chair, proper stand alone bathtub, floor to ceiling windows in the small nooks and etc. It was cold at night in Shanghai but quite sunny in the day time so the ability to control my room's temperature was much appreciated.

Overall, the room was well designed and comfortable.  Loved the cushioned bedroom slippers.  Room was decent value esp since the Puli (close by JingAn temple) cost rmb 2500 a night (but I loved it....) so Pudi is a good cheaper alternative.

Minor issues that made this not a perfect 5
- karaoke downstairs (not part of hotel) continued til 130 at night, didn't prevent me from falling asleep, but was slightly annoying
- I arrived after midnight with my luggage, was given the room key but no one offered to help with luggage or show me to the room
- below average workmenship eg. in bathroom. The knob to choose one of the two showerheads had a small moonshaped hole visible right behind-- guess when they cut out the space needed from the marble, measurements were wrong

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Anilegna
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The hotel itself is top and offers excellent value for Shanghai. We were wondering why this hotel offers comparably low prices for what they offer. Once you experience their staff you know why they have to be a bit cheaper than other top hotels in the area: The staff is very friendly and helpful but they do not have 5* quality. So if you do not mind if the service staff is not perfect go there. I will definitely stay there again when I am in Shanghai next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business