All reviews fuxing park french concession long hallway cd dvd player tv stand signs of wear falling asleep walking distance huaihai road high end shopping huge room soaking tub light switches hotel entrance front desk staff turn down service upgraded to a suite
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We were on a girls trip to Shanghai for some shopping, spa and fun. I found this hotel on tripadvisor and booked four nights. WE LOVED IT!!! Big rooms, comfy beds and very helpful staff. The only thing that was a bit disapointing was the breakfast, but since that was not included for our stay, it didn´t matter. Very good value and we will definatly be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
KimiPudihotel, Front Office Manager at Pudi Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you very much for your comments, and wish there is another chance to serve you in the future.

Kimi
Front Office Manager
Pudi boutiquehotel Shanghai

Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel is carefully designed and illuminated to achieve an elegant and cozy atmosphere. Very large rooms with the most impressive shower room I've ever seen.
Despite the usual language barrier, the staff are focused and keep everything perfect ( when I ask about a restaurant directions, the bell boy, left his position and walk 3 blocks to take me there!).Take a look at the room's writing desk drawers and you will understand the sentence: 'God is in details'.
The location is nice, just a short walk to the subway and Xintiandi. They could improve the (expensive!!!) breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chmcsouza
KimiPudihotel, Front Office Manager at Pudi Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Thank you for your comments, and wish there is another chance to serve you in the future.

Kimi
Front Office Manager
Pudi boutiquehotel Shanghai

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We had the fortune to choose this hotel through a Travelzoo offer. On previous occasions we had stayed near the Bund but felt we wanted a different location. This came up - unless you want a view down the Bund this is the place to come!
As mentioned in other reviews this is in a very quiet location (construction work nearby has now finished) near to Fuxing Park with walks to lovely areas in all directions. It is only 8 stories high but from most rooms you can see across much of Shanghai.The whole hotel is of 'executive' style. The rooms, the service, the amenities are all of very high quality. You can even get your own aromatherapy bath prepared by your butler - a free service. In spite of all this it is not expensive. The breakfast is in the 'library' with an excellent choice of cereals and fruit and your main course (hot) is prepared to your taste - the choice includes such items as eggs benedict with smoked salmon or champagne scrambled eggs. Wonderful.
The staff couldn't do enough to help. This is indeed a place to savour in all ways.
We didn't try the restaurant this time but we will when we return at the end of this month! We did try the afternoon 'tasting' and the 'afternoon tea'. Delicious!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sultanoman
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I really had a great experience at the Pudi. A chinese friend knew someone who worked here a while back and was impressed I got a good rate on a web booking page. I was told by her this was an upmarket boutique hotel. The entrance is actually to the side of the building and yes there is some construction next door but I never heard from my room or at night. This is a growing city you can get that anywhere in Shanghai! It is quite dark and chic...even in the halls and bedroom but...I thinks its one of the more glam hotels I stayed in and the room was very large. The bathroom was also like another room and a lovely lounger in the window area to relax on. The TV faced the bed and was huge with a CD/DVD player (Oscars the DVD store is around the corner!). The opposite side of the TV stand is a well stocked bar and very slick looking. There is a kitchen sink area with microwave and plates and glasses. Very discreet and chic looking.

Location - 1 street from Huaihai Rd and literally around the corner from the entrance to Fuxing Park. You can walk to Xintiandi, Get a massage and manicure five minutes walk and its also a 10-15 bminute walk to the new Sinan mansions area with bars and restaurants. I even WALK to Taikang Rd from here. You cant beat the location.

Staff very helpful and considerate and booked taxis for me in advance for business meetings further out the city. I would stay again just for the location in the French concession. Only down sides were...no real hot water, just warm so it was no good for a bath and I did hear some singing from the Karaoke restaurant round the corner but it was not loud and I kind of liked being lulled to sleep by the sounds of this. Several lovely coffee places nearby 19 Cafe on SInan Rd was great and Helen nails and a massage place also nearby. Cant beat this area and cool boutique stay! Staff were always friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SiobhanPDublin
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was as good as the reviews, very spacious and quiet, worth the $

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business