All reviews fuxing park french concession long hallway tv stand cd dvd player ergonomic chair falling asleep signs of wear walking distance massive bathroom huaihai road high end shopping soaking tub light switches rooms are large hotel entrance upgraded to a suite
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

The good: I had chosen the most basic room but was upgraded right away. This upgraded room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. Bed was very comfortable and everything clean. Wifi was fast, had English HBO on TV, two free bottles of water which were replenished, and all interactions with the staff were pleasant and they spoke English well enough to handle all my questions. But the best thing is probably the location being close to Xintiandi and with many interesting cafes and restaurants around. I recommend trying the cocktail place across the street.

The frustrating: the blinds on the some of the windows wouldn't close. They were on the far side of a huge room so I didn't feel like any peepers would look at me but it was still awkward. These bar things in the shower which I suppose were for hanging up towels. And washcloths feel down and were never properly repaired (although I was only there for two nights). And the quality of the TV was poor (not that anybody should be watching TV in their room a whole lot while on vacation but I noticed it as I watched a movie while falling asleep). The only unclean thing in the room was the tub which wasn't necessarily very dirty but had several hairs in it. Grossed me out enough to pass on it and only use the shower. My room had a long hallway from the main room to the door which was eerily dark, as was the room in general. I guess they were going for romantic but being their alone it just felt a bit creepy.

I would recommend it for travelers wanting to spend time in the old French Concession area of Shanghai. I may have been tick picking a bit too much. It's not perfect but worth it overall.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

I was intrigued by the image from their Website and proximity to Xian tian di, however when checking in the staff was not only rude and indifferent but outright refused to help with late check out arrangement and help with luggage. Really bad attitude. The room was spacious but lighting terrible dark and the aircon had a problem just couldnt set at proper temperature and kept blasting ice cold air at even 24C setting.
The condition of the bathroom was disgusting with a huge leak at the ceiling looking like water damage and afraid the ceiling plaster would come down on me. Their restaurant on 8 floor is accessible via a separate lift on 7 th floor but the smell inside that lift was terrible. That staff didn't care when i mentioned this. For the gym it consists of 2 sorry looking treadmill behind glass door exposed to the bar lounge next to restaurant a bit strange like in a birdcage.
It defenitely does not live up to a boutique style hotel and with a room rate of 120US over its not worth it.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at the Pudi. I normally stay at the Marriott which is about twice as expensive for a smaller room. The room was large, bed comfortable, in a great location. Breakfast was simple, hard boil eggs, hash browns, vegetables. For the price, it's hard to beat.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed May 23, 2017

We spent three nights here on a recent trip to Shanghai. The room is large and the bathroom is massive; both were well appointed, but that is where things stopped!

After an afternoon walk around Fuxing Park, we picked up a bottle of wine to enjoy in our room. When we asked the man behind the desk if we could have some ice, he looked puzzled since ice was supposedly provided with turn down service (we never got evening ice or turn down service in three days!). We finally got some ice, but it was like pulling teeth.

On our first evening, we asked the person behind the desk if we could get a cab. He waved his hand and said...".find one outside"! Breakfast the next morning was disappointing...cold food in the warmer dishes and not good quality meats.

But the coup de grace happened when we returned to our room the second evening at 9 pm, after having left the room at 9 am. All our dirty cups and saucers were still sitting on the bar, filled with leftover liquid from the morning, and our coffee and tea packets had not been replenished. I went down to the desk to ask them to take away the dirty dishes, and the man behind the desk (the same one...no surprise) said they didn't know if we were finished with them so they left them! When we returned the third evening, our coffee cups were clean but my half empty yogurt container was sitting prominently on the bar where I left it at 8:30 am! Our wine glasses were never returned.

We never got clean sheets in three nights, the Internet was inconsistent, and one of two elevators did not work. For a boutique hotel with a supposed good reputation, this place really missed the mark for us!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

First I was told there was no air conditioning at this time of year (April), but the hallway and the elevator were air conditioned. Outside the temp was 65-70 degrees, and with the sun beaming in the large windows, our room was on fire. When my friend almost fainted from the heat on our third day, I got very angry (being overheated makes me angry!) and demanded they turn on the air conditioning. Suddenly someone who knew how to work the air conditioner materialized and we had cool air. Why did it take three days? The sixth floor also smelled bad. I will never stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2017