“No A/C spring time”

Ranked #71 of 5,035 Hotels in Shanghai
MIA
“No A/C spring time”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Hotel Overall was very good, the issue of no A/C any where; China goverment regulate public places regarding air condition ussage. I have to thanks Chris (The manager) she did every thing on her hands to acomodate our needs. I had an issue on breakfast time trying to get two eggs over easy, chef when making the eggs one broke and it was given to me like that, you do not expect this from a five star hotel, I told the chef that I didn't want that egg and he even ask me why very stubborn. So over easy egg dry and oumelt not well cook inside.

Room Tip: rooms where very good in size, very clean, bathroom very clean and big on size. But sleeping wise sa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Christophe Jean... L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear REYNOL, I read your comments on trip advisor and take full responsibility for my team’s actions. Please accept our sincerely apology of all the inconvenience occurred regarding the eggs over easy mentioned in your comments. We rest assures that we do treat these feedbacks very seriously.

Our Executive chef has been briefed and ensures our culinary teams make their efforts to improve for this will not happen again. My apology again for the inconvenience caused to you. Please do feel free to contact me should there be anything I can do for you.

I am confident that you will see all the improvement during your next visit and hope I can have opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First off, I believe that the staff at a hotel makes it outstanding. My family and I found the staff at the hotel to be very courteous and helpful.The rooms and other amenities are excellent. Breakfast sumptuous with a wide variety of foods to choose from. The only downside is the distance away from the city center. Overall, if you happen to be doing business in the Fudan area, then the Crown Plaza is an excellent choice :-)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Christophe Jean... L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Dexter P:Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan and taking time to provide us the positive comments. We were pleased to read of your feed back regarding our room and breakfast. Looking forward to welcome you back to experience the travelling for success with us.
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I've spend a week at the Crowne Plaza Fudan once or twice every year since 2007 because of its convenience to Fudan University. I typically stay in a suite on the Club floor because it gives me access to the Lounge on the 19th floor - a quiet place to relax and recharge.

The rooms a comfortable and nicely equipped, the staff is attentive, and the amenities (like the pool) are definitely a plus. The rates are exceptionally reasonable in comparison to properties downtown, but the trade-off is the 20 minute taxi ride each way to get to the Bund, or 30 minutes to get to the former French Concession.

Breakfasts are quite good, and if you don't want to go downtown the dinner options also are quite good - hand pulled noodles!

A few minor issues: (a) In the early hours (6:30 - 7:30 am), the breakfast area was understaffed. We gave up waiting to get coffee. (b) Things are slipping on the Club floor - like sour milk in the latte machine, not opening until 6:50 when the door says 6:30, "running out" of white wine during happy hour, etc.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Christophe Jean... L, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Ray Sparrowe, thank you for always choosing Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan to stay and thank you for bringing us attention on the issues that you have experienced in our Club Lounge. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope you will give us a chance to show you a better service next time you stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to experience the traveling for success!
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We got to stay in this resort when they have just opened sometime 2007.
Got a good deal on the internet and off we went without really knowing what was in store for us.
We arrived at the wee hours of the morning and even at that time, construction was in full swing.
The receptionist (after I insisted) gave us one of their suite rooms and it was really grand.
After sometime, air conditioning was not working well and we were transferred to an even better room (I forgot how they called it).
It was a really nice welcome treat for us being first time Shanghai visitors.
Would lover to stay there again if ever we get to go to Shanghai again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Christophe Jean... L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear Jon-Myra:Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan and taking time to provide us the positive comments. We were pleased to read of your feed back regarding our room. Looking forward to welcome you back to experience the travelling for success with us.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Excellent breakfats buffet, large clean rooms and beautiful surroundings. Fudan University's modern architechture and the busy city life will be overshadowed by the luxury of the hotel. Beautiful swimming pool, sauna and what not! Life is enjoyable once again with the touch of hospitality.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sadib
Christophe Jean... L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Sadib:
Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan and taking time to provide us the positive comments. We were pleased to read of your feed back regarding our breakfast buffet and room. Looking forward to welcome you back to experience the travelling for success with us.
Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here for a week while I was in Shanghai on business. I was in a Club Floor Suite on the 16th floor which was very comfortable and had everything you would expect.

It was a bit further away from the city centre than I had expected - about 30 mins by taxi - but that was my fault for not checking properly.

All the staff I encountered were very attentive and desperate to please. I didn't eat much in the hotel but what I did was fine.

In general a very nice, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Arthur G:
Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Shanghai Fudan and taking time to provide us the positive comments. We were pleased to read of your feedback regarding our service and rooms. Looking forward to welcome you back to experience the travelling for success.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here for 9 days while studying for my MBA with IE business school.

I found the service to be excellent, the rooms fantastic, the buffet breakfast and lunch to very nice (I managed to put on 4 pounds in 1 week!), all in all a very nice hotel.

The hotel is about 30 minutes by taxi from down town, but given everything in Shanghai seems so far away the distance wasn't a problem - remember taxi's a pretty cheap here.

Would stay again.