if youre on a budget but need a very good bed and nice view, pick this hotel. i stayed in this place for 3 times already and they maintained the property very well. lobby guys are all in casual, very friendly and fast. the hotel lobby itself is not fancy, just a typical receiving area and small but the room will surprise you. ask the guys to put you on riverview. the carpet is clean, lcd tv, good lightings, good AC, the bed is very soft........ clean, new, very white, fresh sheets with 4 thick squeezy pillows. internet is free, with complimentary self serving coffee and tea. the toilet and bathroom supplies are very simple, nice design though and clean. the area is not in the middle of nowhere but some might find it in an odd place along the river near the bridge. across the mainroad, youll find Carrefour- a huge french supermarket. if youre not in a hurry you can walk outside up to the bridge to find taxi or you can ask the reception to get one for you. at the foot of the bridge, theres Oakwood hotel with some nice restaurants in a very new shopping mall. they have also Zara there.I lived in this area before (Wuning Rd) so I can guarantee that the place is near downtown esp Jing An area. Not very far to Xintiandi, Huaihai. I often stay in posh 5 star hotels during business trips but on solo times, I usually stay in this location because it is very quiet and it is clean... just like home. Breakfast by the way is usual american and chinese. not much to choose from but they have enough to have a hearty meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai is managed by InterContinental Hotels Group. Strategically located on Guang Fu Xi Road, cross Wu Ning Road, intersection of Pu Tuo, Jin An and Chang Ning districts, the hotel is only 10 minutes drive distance from City Center. Just 20 minutes drive from the Hong Qiao Airport, 55 minutes from the Pudong International Airport and 10 minutes from the Shanghai Railway station, the hotel is perfectly situated for business, sightseeing and shopping. Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai is situated in the central part of downtown Puxi shanghai, it is only 20 minutes drive distance from Shanghai Exhibition Center and Shanghai Mart, close to Jing'an Temple, Jade Buddy Temple and Zhong Shan Park, on the bank of Su Zhou River enjoying its scenic riverside and Garden view, with easy access to Shanghai's shopping center and tourist attractions. Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai, has 237 contemporarily designed guestrooms, Great Room can hold 118 guests for dinning, fully equipment meeting room. You'll enjoy a comfortable, convenient and peaceful stay, plus attentively selected services, complimentary breakfast and an impressive offering of business facilities and free High Speed Internet broadband access. The Smart Simplicity concept makes the Holiday Inn Express a smart choice for the visitor to bustling Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Express Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Shanghai
- Shanghai Holiday Inn