“Great time :)”

Ranked #1,659 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Halifax, Canada
“Great time :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I came here for a conference and I must say, the hotel was very accommodating. If you look at some sites, you can get a deal at this location and still enjoy the benefits! The people were friendly and helpful, which made my stay a lot more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Look online for hotel deals
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Gothenburg, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

The service level of this hotel is deteriorating every every day (this was my third stay here this year.)
People working in the lobby are stiff and unfriendly; they are only looking for opportunities to surcharge you.
Rooms are spacious and Internet is available, and of course it's not free of charge. Non smoking rooms are available. Bathrooms not very well cleaned.
Breakfast restaurant is shabby, it gives feeling of not wanting to eat there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Turbi1965

Travellers are raving about these Shanghai hotels

Lodz, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

The hotel is located in the commercial part of Shanghai, currently quite attractively, if somebody is going to visit Expo 2010. It is only 10-15 minutes walk to the gate No 1.
The rooms are comfortable, not very new, but pretty well maintained, with good bed and spacey bathroom.Also lobby and the elevators are in a good conditions. But this over with positive aspects. The rest is not satisfactory. First of all - service.
In the reception the staff with very weak English, huge problems to pay with credit cards / MC`s not accepted at all, only Visa /, very long check in process. Also buffet breakfast doest`t look very promising and the staff is absolutely not flexible, regarding the time of the meals.
The internet is available in the rooms, but you have to pay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
New York City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

The room was clean and quiet. No one was directly rude. But this hotel didn't fit my definition of four stars and it fell far below the standard I'd expect from Ramada.
Please note. I've traveled extensively in China (and elsewhere). My comparison is based on what I have normally get when I pay four star prices in a second world country.
Here is the list of things that bothered me:
1. I asked in advance, in writing, for a non-feather pillow. On check in I was told that the hotel had only feather pillows and that all hotels only had one kind of pillow. They had never heard of a non-allergenic pillow???
2. The Internet in my room didn't work. I'm not sure why, but I complained several times. Each time I complained, the people at the front desk said they would fix it. They even said at one point they'd send someone to my room to fix it. It didn't work properly for the whole time we were there (five days).
3. The shower stall was missing the flashing that is supposed to be under the shower door. As result, each time we took a shower, we flooded the bathroom. Given the slipperiness of the floor (why have a slippery tile floor in a bathroom?), we were lucky not to kill ourselves.
4. We ordered breakfast in our room on a day when we had to leave early. No breakfast. No apology.
5. We ordered a cab. We were in a hurry and needed to have one ready for us, when we came downstairs. When we showed up at the appointed time, the front desk told us they hadn't called a cab. Why? I don't know. No one at the front desk could speak enough English to tell me. Needless to say, we were late for our meeting.
6. On a different occasion, we asked the bell boys to hail a cab for us. They told us (as best as I can tell) to go out into the street and do it ourselves. I guess they were too busy playing games on their cell phones.
I'm sending this also to the folks at Ramada. I suspect they don't have much control over this particular franchise. At least I hope that is their excuse, as its service level tarnishes their reputation.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Stockholm
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

I booked on Ramadas's website, and specifically requested a baby cot in my booking note.
No feedback from the hotel. Upon check-in, they told me no baby cot was available, but they compensated us by upgrading to a superior room. So the room had a separate area with an office desk - not much use for a baby who needs to sleep on the floor! Even the hospitality file in the room stated that baby cots are offered free of charge.
If the hotel was short on cots, they should stock up on more, or at least tell the guests in advance - we could have brought our own foldable one.
Another weird thing: the web site says that the hotel offers an "airport shuttle". I was asking if there is a charge to this. - "Yes, 500RMB!" Then, what's the point of taking this shuttle, when any taxi on the street charges 180RMB? Sounds like a a rip-off to me...
Apart from that, no grievances. The staff was polite and helpful, the room good and the location OK. Opposite a nice big supermarket and the largest camera mall in Shanghai - heaven for photo buffs!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family