“Excellent guide”

Jenny's Shanghai Tours
Ranked #2 of 162 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jenny's Shanghai Tours specializes in custom and private small group tours of Shanghai and surrounding areas. We're not a big tour agency... just a group of professional tour guide friends who strive to be the best tour guides in Shanghai. We are all certified tour guides, speak very good English and will work hard to make sure you have a great time based on your interests - guaranteed! And because we don't have an expensive Shanghai tour office, we can offer you a great price along with personalized service! We love meeting new people and sharing our passion for Shanghai. We look forward to hearing from you!
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"business trip"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

On 4 April 2018 we took a tour with my wife and 10 year old son with Peggy and I was very impressed with the service. She met us at our hotel and explained that she would pay for everything to make it easy and we just paid at the end. Her enthusiasm and willingness to share info about herself and her family as examples as we toured around made things very enjoyable. I learned 10 times more than I knew about the Cultural Revolution and the daily lives of people in Shanghai. Thank you very much Peggy for your enthusiasm, patience, and kindness! I really enjoyed your sense of humor and personal stories.
I also want to say how nice Jenny was to work with. We exchanged many e-mails and she patiently answered all my questions and gave suggestions.
I highly recommend Jenny’s Tours and Peggy if you have a free day or even a long layover in Shanghai. You won’t regret it.

Thanks Michael! We love sharing the history of China with you.. .even the weird periods like the Cultural Revolution. Even though most of us were too young to live through it, its such an interesting part of our past.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Flora was a warm, knowledgeable, and flexible guide. It was like being with a friend. She also helped locate my lost suitcase. I would highly recommend Jenny’s Shanghai Tours.

Thanks so much! Flora was so excited you found your suitcase... that's a horrible feeling!
Soon I hope.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We had three days in Shanghai in late March 2018 prior to going on the Quantum of the Seas for a five night cruise to Japan.

With five people (four adults and a 1 year old) we wanted to see as much as we could with as little fuss as possible.

Jenny's Shanghai Tours was the answer. We booked a full day tour for Sunday, 25 March where we were met at our hotel by Marco (a very efficient and knowledgeable tour guide) and taken to the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station and then by Bullet Train to Huangzhou (described as a second tier or medium sized Chinese city of about 8 million people - almost twice as big as Sydney) for the day. Marco then arranged a tour of various sights in and around Huangzhou including West Lake, a great lunch at a location restaurant, Lingyin Temple and the dragon well Green Tea Plantation before returning (many hours later) to Shanghai. A great day that we could not have accomplished by ourselves.

We then had 6 hours to burn after the cruise docked and before we needed to be at the airport for our flights home and were again collected by Marco and taken to the Old Town area and French concession area. Again, Marco worked the schedule around our needs and provided us with a tour that was simply so much better than sitting in an airport terminal.

I have no problems recommending Jenny's Tours.

Hi Marco,
Thanks so much for the great review. I know you do a lot of respected reviews, so this means a lot to us. We really, really, really want to get a five-star review from you some day. When we achieve this, we will KNOW we're on the right track to be the world's best tour provider :) Please give us another chance soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Thank you so much for sending Susie to tour us. She and the driver were so accommodating despite the delays at the airport. We thoroughly enjoyed our personal tour. Susie was awesome!!!! If we ever come visit again we will definitely book a tour with you:-). Susie was so knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions.
I highly recommend Jenny’s Shanghai Tours to anyone needing a tour!!! From the moment I made first contact with Jenny I had top notch customer service!!!!!

Thanks so much! Susie had a great day too. Thanks for the high recommendation! We try :)