“A wonderful place to stay.”
Review of Quality Inn Selma

Quality Inn Selma
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Selma
“A wonderful place to stay.”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The manager ( Terri ) is great, she goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and welcomed. The whole staff was thoughtful.

• Stayed September 2011
tpfish, Manager at Quality Inn Selma, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear Velvet,
Thank you for taking time to post your comments about our hotel. It is a privilege and pleasure getting recognized for something that we love to do. I would like to express deepest gratitude to you for being our guest and for your business.
Many Thanks,
Terri Fisher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 25 August 2011

While Attending a funeral in Selma of a loved one, My son and I walked into a very clean lobby of the hotel. We were greeted with a friendly smile. The young man (A.J.) was so friendly to us and was a major help.. The First room we got was to smokey even though it was a non-smoking room, I called the desk and mentioned it to the desk clerk... with having Cancer I didnt need the smoke so AJ went to another room and made sure that is was not smokey and helped us move our things... what a great young man... If we decide to come back to Selma we will Defentally stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: second room was perfect
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I dont know where to begin about this HORRIFIC hotel!!! the carpet in the room was terrible, our AC didnt work. so after being moved to a second room, we moved ALL of our belongings and then realized the bathroom was dirty, the more we looked we noticed the room had not been cleaned out all. the man at the front desk (a.j.) assured us it was clean, he wouldnt know since he was more on his cellphone than interested in my satisfaction. i ill be writing to corporate for a full refund. and needless to say we will NEVERRRR go there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jennifer b

Travellers are raving about these Selma hotels

Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We'd been driving for 12 hours and just needed a reasonable place for the night so we could refresh and start again the next morning. Jameson in Selma was priced much more reasonably than our usual choices such as HI-Express, Comfort or Hampton, so after a quick bite at Pizza Hut we decided to give it a shot. The gentleman who worked the desk was accommodating and friendly. Room was standard. Very comfortable beds -- we got great sleep. Good a/c, clean, good shower. Little fridge and microwave. Yes, the doors open to the outside in the inn way, but we felt safe and the grounds were clean. Location great, close to conveniences such as gas. We made a quick tour of historic Selma next morning and off we went. In all, a great choice for our needs this one night.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank CherylWH
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed at the Jameson Inn in Selma Al for a Baseball tournement the check in was easy and every one I met at the hotel were frendly. I purchased the room from priceline and was rated a 2 star hotel along with Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn I have stayed at both and were nice Hotels. When we entered the room there was a distinct dark path from the door to the bathroom sure sign DON'T TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF. We stayed any way I guess the kicker was that around midnight the A/C began clicking and went off. I reported it the next morning and the maintance person said it was an old unit and just went out. I guess what I have learned not all 2 star are the same.PLEASE RERATE THIS HOTEL

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank hgjr
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stayed here this past weekend with my girlfriend while in town for a Civil War reenactment. The Jameson seemed like a good choice from some of the reviews I had seen. Average rating on Google was 4 out of 5 stars. This was very misleading...

Pros:

-The bed were clean and comfortable enough.

Cons:

-Checking in (while it was late, around 12:30am) was slow and arduous. The man at the desk seemed to have no idea what he was doing and it took 20+ minutes to get a key to the room. The lobby is closed at this time so I had to stand outside in the cold, exhausted after having driven 5+ hours to get there.

-The carpet in the room badly needed replacing

-The walls of the room were dirty and needed to be wiped down

-Most of the towels still had hair in them

-The shower controls were backwards (not a big deal itself) but also would not hold a consistent temperature. This required shifting the knob constantly during the shower to maintain a constant temperature.

Add all this up for ~$80/night and you get one terrible deal.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JasonTK
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2011

My husband and I had a family funeral to attend in Selma,Alabama January 2011. June 2010 we were attending a huge family gathering in Selma and everyone had reservation at another hotel in the city.After our arrival we encountered such poor CUSTOMER SERVICE we left in search of a hotel.Jameson Inn was our first stop and it felt like home.We received VIP treatment from AJ the employee on duty late that night as though he was expecting us.January 2011 returning to Selma for a funeral I knew exactly were would we be staying THE JAMESON INN on duty that day was Tenisha Cole.Ms cole made sure our stay was not only comfortable but memorable again.She made sure the room was to our satisfaction. I love upstairs non smoking second room or so from the Corner.Yes she accomodated us even allowed us to view the room first.It meet all our expectations.And as Faith would have it the SAME ROOM AS OUR JUNE 2010 TRIP...

Thanks to Both Tenisha Cole For Excellent Customer (Jan.2011)

AJ ( June 2010)

Sincerely: Mr.& Mrs. William Milhouse
San Antonio,Texas

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redglory
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
1.4 km away
3.1 km away
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#2 of 10 in Selma

Been to Quality Inn Selma? Share your experiences!