“Great Racing”

Talladega Superspeedway
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Talladega
More attraction details
Owner description: The third largest racetrack in Alabama offers hourly van tours of the track.
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

This was my second time to the speedway and had a great time. The only reason, Talladega gets docked a star is because after I went through security, my ticket stub was ripped, not scanned, but ripped. Being Jr's last Dega race and his 6 wins were on the ticket, my ticket was left with 4. When I said something, I was told that was their policy. It obviously wasn't because I saw people that had their tickets scanned. Other than that, everything else was great. The ticket situation really upset me.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"circuit"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We were 9 minorities from the DC area and decided to go Talladega to watch the Alabama 500 NASCAR Race. We were blown away with the hospitality displayed by everyone at the entire track. The ticket sales staff, security and ushers, the kind ADA mobile staff and even all of the fans in attendance. We were slightly concerned about potential rude or ignorant comments that could be heard based upon the President's rhetoric but that was immediately put aside as we met so many great people all here to watch great racing.

The food and souvenirs were very reasonably priced. FedEx Field and National's Park in the DC Area can learn from the quality and care of the food that was prepared all around the track!

This visit to this track was well worth the cost of the pre-race pit passes and the 700 mile one way ride it took to get there. Alabama needs to be closer to DC so we could visit more often.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We brought an RV and camped for the weekend for the Alabama 500. I bought tickets over the phone prior to them being available online. The customer service was fantastic, helpful and the sales rep gave me his email address in case I had any additional questions or wanted to change my seats. Tickets came in the mail before the race.

The RV camp ground was basic but nice. It was very close to the grandstand entrance. There were clean bathrooms to take a shower (although only lukewarm water).

The experience inside the track was a lot of fun. Definitely sit high up at this race so that you can see the entire track. This track is difficult, so there are usually a lot of wrecks to watch. The whole weekend was a great experience.

1  Thank KG_TXtraveler
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Thanks for always welcoming us Talladaga Superspeedway! We have made the trip to NASCAR Week and Weekend again!!! Thanks!