River Rest Bed and Breakfast - Birmingham
US$98
HIExpress.com
McCaig Motel(Lincoln)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bmade us feelat homegarden roommy husbandgreat foodbreakfasts were wonderfulgorgeous viewsjacuzzi tubperfect weekendevery morningget awayfriesellenhostanniversarybirmingham
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent our anniversary at River Rest B&B. One of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Our hosts were so very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay special. I had flowers in our room as a special request from my husband. There were refreshments provided and the breakfasts were wonderful. Would recommend to anyone wanting to get away from it all and relax. The hammock was so comfortable as well as the porches and decks. View of lake can't be beat. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anita m
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the Lakewood room. The bed may have been the most comfortable bed we've ever slept on.

I wanted to get up to watch the sunrise over the lake but couldn't bring myself to do it because I was so comfortable. I wish I had so I could have worked up more of an appetite for breakfast because it was delicious and the portion size was humongous.

The waterfront included a little sandy beach. It was beautiful and great for swimming. Also there were rafts available, a paddle boat, a kayak, chairs, and umbrellas. Beach towels were also provided.

The house was spotless. The host was friendly. Anything we needed was provided. We had an awesome stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Mr and Mrs. Mixon are the sweetest people! We stayed in the garden room, the big bath jacuzzi tub was amazing for soaking. We had our own French doors to come and go in private. Mr. Richard fixed a 5 stars breakfast every morning. Nothing you can get out of a restaurant. It is very modern and clean. You have the jacuzzi outside on the deck to enjoy and your own personal beach on the lake to sit under an umbrella. There are floats so you can float around the lake. This is one of the best places I've ever stayed. ❤️

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This property is so beautiful! Very relaxing gorgeous views. Owners are lovely. Amazing breakfast. Thanks for your amazing hospitality. This is a great place to relax and unwind. The lake view is calming.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Beautiful and relaxing getaway. From the moment we walked in the door, the Mixon's made us feel right at home. Gorgeous views, peaceful and cozy rooms, and a world class breakfast cooked by Richard himself. The Mixon's are the most gracious and wonderful hosts you could ask for. There's also ample space outside with a beautiful deck, can't wait to check it out again in the summer!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tyler0025
richardmixon, Owner at River Rest Bed and Breakfast - Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Thank you Tyler. Y'all were a pleasure! May you complete your residency with expedience and excellence!