“LATE NIGHT GARBAGE”
Review of Huddle House

Huddle House
Ranked #28 of 45 Restaurants in Talladega
Description: We're Always Cookin' There's something about a freshly made meal, prepared just for you. Maybe it's a waffle sundae to celebrate the day you get your braces off, or a plate full of loaded hash browns after a Saturday morning soccer game. Whatever the occasion, one things for sure: when a dish is made with you in mind, it just tastes better. From greeting you with a warm smile as you walk through our door, to serving you a hot, delicious meal, made just the way you like it, we'll make sure you feel at home and cared for. That attention to detail is what enjoying a meal at Huddle House is all about. Not matter what time it is, or what kind of day you've had, you can count on us to always be here for you with the grill on and the coffee hot.
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

NO MORE FOR ME!
Previous visit had hash browns floating in oil. YUK

This last and final time was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Server gave notice that cook was running behind at 1am. She didn’t mention that he hadn’t cleaned up after servicing toilets. 90 minute wait with only diluted lemonade. Chopped steak was over cooked cube steak and razor thin. Her country fried steak same thing with cold white gravy substitute. Then it screwed up her digestive system. Worse meal of all time including USMC ham and egg C rats in Vietnam during monsoon season.

NEVER EVER GOING BACK TO THIS DIVE! :-(

Date of visit: June 2018
Thank Austin L. M

Reviewed November 10, 2016

This place serve the best waffles. I also enjoyed the hash browns. My bacon was not as crispy as I liked and the waitress took it back and made sure it was to my liking. My husband ordered an omelet and was very pleased. We also enjoyed the grits. Most places have lumpy grits but the cooks here sure know how to keep those grits lump free. LOL!! This is a local place mainly. The atmosphere is very friendly. The waitresses are very nice. Sometimes service can be slow if the place is crowded on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 12, 2016

The menu is loaded with large breakfast combo meals, but I wanted just coffee, juice, bacon, and eggs; nothing else. They gladly filled my order. My friend ordered something with eggs, bacon, hash browns, and who knows what else topped with a chicken fried steak complete with white gravy. It was a mountain of food. But he pronounced it to be fantastic The staff was friendly and fast. The food was good and reasonably priced. And they fixed my eggs just the way I requested. I guess you'd say our breakfast experience was ideal.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

When we visit Talladega, we've often gone to Huddle House for breakfast. The food is great, but the cooks are ridiculously slow. It's not the server's fault. They are go-getters. But they can't get the food out if it's not ready. 40 minutes is too long to wait for breakfast. Since there aren't a lot of choices for breakfast in Talladega, after having long waits the last several trips to Huddle House, I guess it will be McDonald's from now on.

Date of visit: February 2016