“LATE NIGHT GARBAGE”

Huddle House
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Talladega
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

NO MORE FOR ME!
Previous visit had hash browns floating in oil. YUK

This last and final time was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Server gave notice that cook was running behind at 1am. She didn’t mention that he hadn’t cleaned up after servicing toilets. 90 minute wait with only diluted lemonade. Chopped steak was over cooked cube steak and razor thin. Her country fried steak same thing with cold white gravy substitute. Then it screwed up her digestive system. Worse meal of all time including USMC ham and egg C rats in Vietnam during monsoon season.

NEVER EVER GOING BACK TO THIS DIVE! :-(

Thank Austin L. M
Reviewed November 10, 2016

This place serve the best waffles. I also enjoyed the hash browns. My bacon was not as crispy as I liked and the waitress took it back and made sure it was to my liking. My husband ordered an omelet and was very pleased. We also enjoyed the grits. Most places have lumpy grits but the cooks here sure know how to keep those grits lump free. LOL!! This is a local place mainly. The atmosphere is very friendly. The waitresses are very nice. Sometimes service can be slow if the place is crowded on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

The menu is loaded with large breakfast combo meals, but I wanted just coffee, juice, bacon, and eggs; nothing else. They gladly filled my order. My friend ordered something with eggs, bacon, hash browns, and who knows what else topped with a chicken fried steak complete with white gravy. It was a mountain of food. But he pronounced it to be fantastic The staff was friendly and fast. The food was good and reasonably priced. And they fixed my eggs just the way I requested. I guess you'd say our breakfast experience was ideal.

Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

When we visit Talladega, we've often gone to Huddle House for breakfast. The food is great, but the cooks are ridiculously slow. It's not the server's fault. They are go-getters. But they can't get the food out if it's not ready. 40 minutes is too long to wait for breakfast. Since there aren't a lot of choices for breakfast in Talladega, after having long waits the last several trips to Huddle House, I guess it will be McDonald's from now on.