All reviews continental breakfast yogurt in town nice property beds were comfortable night's sleep wonderful stay stayed one night stay there again cleanliness linens university
Reviewed November 1, 2015 via mobile

The room was spacious, clean, up to date. The hotel was clean and the receptionist was very pleasant. It's still considered one of the newer hotels in Tuscaloosa. The location is idea for less noise and traffic. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I chose to take a chance and stay here. I will always stay there when I'm in town.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolynPE
Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

Alabama football weekends are a license to gouge for hotel owners, & the Ambassador Inn is no exception. This "low-end " hotel probably normally gets 40-50% of what they charge for game weekends but I will say that it was clean, had a friendly staff and was comfortable. They provide welcome snacks and water in the room, and make an effort to have continental breakfast. I've stayed in much much worse, on many levels. It was definitely nothing fancy but plenty adequate, and convenient drive to campus. I'd stay again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed September 30, 2015

We were on our way to Myrtle Beach from Texas and were planning on stopping in Alabama for the night. Road construction changed our plans and we stopped sooner than we had planned for the night. We were not sure of any of the hotels we found in the coupon book but took a chance on this one. We were very pleased with the property and our room was clean and quiet. We also had a free breakfast and were back on the road in a timely manner. This property is a little further off the Interstate but definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2015

We're told upon arrival that the lobby is closed for the night and we must enter through the side entrance. This room looks so cheap and dirty. Unbelievably bad. Not sure why this is called a suite... So depressing staying there and they charged a huge price, $184.00 a night because it was move-in weekend at University of Alabama. Wouldn't stay at this pit again for any price.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed July 17, 2015

I've been living in China for the past few years so my tolerance to the absurd is pretty high. Upon check in, I was greeted the desk clerk, whom was efficient and to the point - not much dialogue but kind. Booked a non-smoking room and ended up with one that stank like a bar, but it was too late at night, I was exhausted and promptly went to sleep. The next morning I left early and came back around noon to find out my room had not been cleaned. Found the housekeeper and alerted her about the situation and she gave me clean towels. I assumed since I told her my room was never cleaned and I needed clean towels meant that the room should be cleaned - never happened. The same thing happened the next day and I alerted the front desk that no cleaning had been done in two days and if they could send someone to at least change the towels for me. The woman looked at my room log and said that it would be done. I got back late that night to find my room still a mess, three days of towels piled up, trash not taken out, bed not made, etc. Again, I alerted the front desk and they again brushed off my request. If I wanted to be treated like this, I would have gone to a hostel or slept in my car. Like I've said before, I'm very tolerant of a lot of things, but if I'm paying to stay in a hotel, I expect for basic room cleanliness to be included. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

On a lighter note, the continental breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: keep on top of your requests to ensure tasks have been complete.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends