“Was in town for a game and this was a clean cheap room!!”

Ambassador Inn&Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Truly low frills budget Hotel with clean rooms. There are now views and no particular outstanding things to say other than it was a decent price for a Tennessee-Bama Rivalry weekend stay. Close enough to anything you need and a value, it was perfect.

Room Tip: Just get a cheap rooom
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This was a clean, modern, safe property with comfortable beds,friendly staff, and not too noisy. The breakfast is minimal with very few choices. Coffee was abysmal. Great place to stay but have breakfast off site.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Looks are a bit deceiving from pics. Rooms look the same but everything is cheap quality inside. Beds and bedding were not comfortable. Everything was clean and tidy. Nothing in a short walking distance is appealing. I wouldn't have booked here if it wasn't a last minute decision on budget anyway. It was suffice to crash in after a hard party at a Phish show...lol. They did have a good continental breakfast to fix the head the next day. I accidentally left an item in the lobby during check in and the clerk called me immediately to let me know. Kudos to her. It was easy getting in out of also to and from interstate. If booking in advance I normally stick to chains and places I know or trust. I would stay again if I had to; however, I will also try to look in advance for vacancy elsewhere and most likely spend a little more next trip.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Irately write reviews, but this is necessary. I've been staying in Tuscaloosa 6-7 times/year with 2kids at UA. I usually stay at another hotel that was booked as this was a last minute trip. No worries most of the hotels have been fine with friendly, accommodating staff. Not here. I originally booked three nights but at checkin I requested a change in checkout date to one day earlier since I had a very early flight. He refused saying I booked on Expedia ( always do and never an issue) and he "gets the money". It was not a nonrefundable room. I called Expedia and explained. They tried calling the hotel getting the same rude clerk. They apologized but couldn't reason with him. Male front desk is rude and cares nothing about customer service--just his money. Amenities as noted by others (really lack of) is correct. No daily housekeeping. Soap dissolves literally as soon as it's wet lasting one shower. One towel per person. Stay away. Clearly southern hospitality has escaped this hotel. Many other hotels in T town where you'd be better off.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

The room was spacious, clean, up to date. The hotel was clean and the receptionist was very pleasant. It's still considered one of the newer hotels in Tuscaloosa. The location is idea for less noise and traffic. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I chose to take a chance and stay here. I will always stay there when I'm in town.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolynPE
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Alabama football weekends are a license to gouge for hotel owners, & the Ambassador Inn is no exception. This "low-end " hotel probably normally gets 40-50% of what they charge for game weekends but I will say that it was clean, had a friendly staff and was comfortable. They provide welcome snacks and water in the room, and make an effort to have continental breakfast. I've stayed in much much worse, on many levels. It was definitely nothing fancy but plenty adequate, and convenient drive to campus. I'd stay again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed 30 September 2015

We were on our way to Myrtle Beach from Texas and were planning on stopping in Alabama for the night. Road construction changed our plans and we stopped sooner than we had planned for the night. We were not sure of any of the hotels we found in the coupon book but took a chance on this one. We were very pleased with the property and our room was clean and quiet. We also had a free breakfast and were back on the road in a timely manner. This property is a little further off the Interstate but definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family