“Desparate Measures”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Just a heads up, this is NOT close to the stadium and in desperate measures on homecoming weekend, it fit the bill. Cheapest availability, but a wee bit sketchy!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _HappyLadyMCO

Reviewed 6 August 2008

We are planning a one night's stay in Tuscaloosa this weekend (8/9/08) for my daughter's graduation, so I got online to book a room at the Sleep Inn of Tuscaloosa. After reading the reviews, I felt compelled to write and say we stayed here last winter, and for the price (we paid $72 plus tax) we have no complaints at all.
I think it suitably accomplishes what it is meant for....an overnight stop while traveling. It's not a resort hotel, or somewhere I would go for a vacation, but our room was exceptionally clean, the bed comfortable, the location convenient to the interstate, the staff friendly, the free breakfast was what you would expect a free breakfast to be...no better or worse than any other free breakfast.
We're staying here again, so that tells you what we think of the place. Very adequate!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alabamagirl2
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night on our visit to Tuscaloosa. We paid $66+tax for a "suite" with 2 queens. We didn't need a suite, it was the only option in the non-smoking section and the price was right. What made our room a suite was two queen beds, one of which was in a separate room with its own TV and climate control. That was nice.

On the plus side - the a/c worked great, the shower was hot w/good water pressure, the beds were comfy and the room was clean. There was a nice roomy shower, not a bathtub. That was different, we considered it kind of a perk. The folks at the front desk were nice and there was a free breakfast. We had the coffee but took a pass on the food since we were headed to Cracker Barrel located at the same interstate exit. We had a smoke free room and it's always a relief to find it really is smoke-free, and the surrounding rooms were as well. Lots of parking.

On the down side - the blow dryer in the room was a joke. It was some old contraption that hung on the wall, sort of reminded me of what you'd see in an old cruise ship. It had one speed and one temp (cold). Useless. The room had a fridge that didn't work because the door gasket was so dried out the door wouldn't stay shut. There were some holes in the carpet (at the seams) - everything was just a little tired. Again, we didn't eat the breakfast but it looked barely average - a lot of pre-packaged donuts and things, some yogurt and fruit and some toaster waffles I think.

If you're looking for a safe, clean place at a reasonable price, the Sleep Inn is an option.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2008

I stayed 1 week at this Sleep Inn this time. It was fabulous! I have stayed in more expensive hotels and gotten a lot less.
My room was fresh, clean and everything seemed new. The heat / air system worked well, the TV had excellent quality and all appliances worked nicely. The bathroom was very roomy with an excellent shower. THe room was quiet and comfortable.
Every morning there was an exceptional spread of food for the guests with a wide aray of choices (free).
The exercise room had clean, well working equipment.
The staff was most obliging and welcomed the guests by name; they were also very accommodating when I asked for a late check out.
I look forward to staying there again. In fact, I hated to leave!!

Linda E. Peoples
Alabama

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LEPAlabama
Reviewed 9 October 2007

Upon checking in my room door was adjar. Went in and my non-smoking room smelled so bad I could not stand it. No other rooms were available so in I went. We were in the handicap room by the back entrance that would not lock. The door slammed all night and you could clearly hear normal conversation next door and in the hallway. Constant walking in the room above was very frustrating. The blanket had something on it we choose to think was paint. We got another blanket the next day. we were given room freshner the second night, no other rooms on game day, didn't work so I went to open the window and it was unlocked! This with the loose toliet seat, wobbely toilet, brown recluse spiders, stinky room and dirty blanket...did I mention the sticky carpet? Geez these place is a nightmare. DO NOT STAY HERE. If you don't head my warning be sure to post. the breakfast had out of date pastries... I could go on and I would not trust the positive comments.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Bruski&Bambam
Reviewed 5 October 2006

This is where Hotels sent me after my hellish experience with Ramada. It was a great improvement but really fell short compared to the other Sleep Inns I have stayed in. It was old, looked like everything was from the 60's. The bedroom door would not shut. The carpet was torn and had holes in it. The air condiioner worked about an hour and died. It was 1:00am and I was too tired to keep fighting it all. Just endured the night and left. It was a sorry place to stay if you get the room I had.

Does Tuscaloosa have anywhere fit to stay??? Super 8 sucked when I was there a couple weeks before.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank soomanymiles
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2004

Pleasant stay at a reasonable price. Staff was very helpful and quickly resolved a couple of minor problems (plugged toilet, noisy neighbors upstairs - can't really blame the motel for either of those). Very nice clean pool (though a bit chilly - surprising given the recent hot weather). Great breakfast spread.

Overall a very good place to stay!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member