Econo Lodge & Suites
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Suites(Tuscaloosa)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I had to stay here for a week because I moved to Tuscaloosa and needed a place to stay while i found a job. I got a good deal and got a king size suite.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2009

The stale cigarette smoke was so bad we left our room within ten minutes. What a waste of money. I'll NEVER consider spending one night in this place!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MobileBamaGirl
Reviewed 18 February 2008

I booked a non smoking room for 2 nights in October during homecoming at the University of Alabama. I specifically booked a non smoking room. When we arrived we were told that they had "run out" of non smoking rooms, and could not honor our request. Knowing rooms were tough to come by on a weekend with a home football game, we checked out the room. It was filthy and of course, reeked of smoke (my son has asthma). We went back to the front desk and told the clerk(who would not give us his name) that we would not be checking in because we needed a non smoking room as we had reserved. He became argumentative, and told us he would put a $50.00 charge on our credit card. We called our bank, had the charge reversed. That was in October 2007. Last week (2/08) We received a threatening voice mail message from the same clerk telling us that we better call him back about the $50.00 reversal "or else" (mind you, this is now 5 months later). The next day a charge of 119.00 appeared on my visa from this motel. I have filed a police report, had to cancel my card. The clerk obviously made good on his threat, and is a criminal who fraudulently used my card.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank rolltide0
Reviewed 5 November 2007

apon arriving we were greeted by roaches, and no air conditioning, we were told maintaince will be there in the am he came said he fixed it NOT, the next am after sweating all night we went to take a shower, NO HOT WATER, I guess it was a good thing since the air was out, I would not stay there agin, did I mention the TV was snowey, at least there was cable, and our room was not maid up apon arriving back later that pm.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TigersinLa
Reviewed 20 December 2005

We stayed one night before our daughter's graduation from the University of Alabama. The hotel was packed with high school kids from all over Alabama. They were there for some kind of tournament. We expected lots of noise but had no trouble. The room was clean but quite a bit worn. We had just 1 double bed in the room. This hotel would be OK for spending the night on the way somewhere else, or just for 1 night.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business