“Lunch”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

The very expensive food ($40 a person for lunch) was actually quite good, but we felt scammed, as the hotel, taxi and Como en Casa appeared to be working together to push our group to this place, where they gave us a terrible exchange rate and unfriendly service. The server would not even take a group picture for us. Thankful another person there did. It was clean, safe and the food good but it felt like a tourist trap.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed June 13, 2017

Bad food, poorly served, The main course arrived halfway through the starter, served on a cold plate. This cost $60 with two glasses of wine. Avoid.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I went to Como en Casa when the dinner shuttle from Hampton Inn & Suites dropped us off here. They said it would be amazing and it did not disappoint.

First of all we started with the sangria. It was the perfect combination of fruity and refreshing without being too sweet!

We had the beef and chicken empanadas as a appetizer, I had just plain beef and my daughter had the chicken and cheese. They were made fresh and they were delicious! We ordered another just to eat later!

Then we did a shared plate of beef, chicken, cod, shrimp, garnished on the side with potato patties, black beans, and rice. Just what we wanted to eat... and it was a huge plate... at least enough to take another whole meal back to my husband at the hotel room.

Then there was desert. I had the lemon pie. This was the single most delicious lemon pie I have ever had. Less tangy, more sweet, and smooth with a whipped meringue topping. Wow! My daughter had the caramel flan... Amazing.

This place is super clean, with great service, and amazing ambience. Thank you Eduardo, for your excellent service.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed March 16, 2017

Everything is excellent! I love music fridays! A familiar place to have a nice luch, dinner and even to drink some delicious costa rican coffee in afternoons whit a Choripan! The best place in Alajuela, very near of the airport.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

We came to this place by recommendation from the hotel as we were looking for a grill place. It has a nice wooden decor. Starter was really good. Aubergine with tomato sauce and cheese. For mains we ordered mixed grill platter and it was disappointing. Beef steak was chewy and with lots of fat. Pork and chicken were ok. Margarita cocktail was proper, very enjoyable. Place is not cheap at all so I was expecting better value for money

Date of visit: February 2017