From the moment we walked into the wellness center, we felt calm & tranquility. We did yoga every day, sometimes 2x per day and enjoyed the Hammam/plunge pool immensely. We had our stars read, did a nutrition counseling & had a very interesting Chi Kung class. We laid by the pool and read, with an attentive staff (Carlos) who happily brought us smoothies and chatted with us. The food was good, a little bland but very in-line with healthy spa food. We loved the Hummus, Almond Miso Chicken and all the fresh baked breads. We drank the tea (no coffee is offered, which is disappointing since it is Costa Rica) and drank the organic wine, it was good. The views from our rooms were amazing and we watched the sunset every night, with all the windows wide open.
We stayed 3 nights, 4 days - the perfect amount of time. Had we stayed day longer, we would have done one of the excursions. This is not a place to go to meet people, but to enjoy the ones you are with! I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a weekend to detox (kind of), relax and reconnect with your friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asclepios (honoring the Greek God of Health) is located in Alajuela, Costa Rica and offers its guests 12 rooms which evoke the most important medical traditions of the world, together with a regulated ionized swimming pool, amphitheatre, fitness center, exercise pavilion, sauna, hammam, nature paths, 6 treatment lodges, a relaxation room and a Conference room.We are located on the edge of a tropical forest with views of the surrounding sugar cane and coffee plantations, mountains and volcanoes.We work with a team of selected holistic practitioners and highly skilled spa therapists. We have put together a great understanding and passion for physical, emotional and spiritual health resulting in great wellbeing.Asclepios also seeks to educate in environmental appreciation and conservation. It is built in siding and brick, two sustainable materials. We use thermal solar collectors and take advantage of natural ventilation and natural lighting. Wild life has been preserved and our primary and secondary forests have been untouched. Our quest is to restore the person’s whole being to its natural state of balance, by correcting such diverse factors as improper diet, sedentary lifestyle, lack of a correct oxygenation, negative thought patterns and their emotional impact, and the lack of rest or restorative sleep, among others.We do this by five Special Wellness Programs that include Detoxification and Revitalization Programs, Stress and Weight Management and the Spa Experience Program.A la carte: Naturopathy, Meditation, Pranayamas, Acupuntura, Floral Therapy, Vichy and Scottish Showers; Kneipp, Shiatsu, Shirodhara, Yoga, Reiki, Tai chi…And, as health also includes your palate: bioenergetic gastronomy, where you can rediscover the original flavors of vegetables, fruits and fish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asclepios Wellness And Healing Retreat
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Costa Rica/Alajuela