“Enjoyed some good food and beer after full days of traveling.”

Las Planchas Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #41 of 239 Restaurants in Alajuela
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 8, 2018

I stayed at Hotel Aeropuerto twice last month. Both times were after very long travel days. I am a vegetarian and was able to find some menu items, curried rice with palm hearts the first visit and pizza the second. I don't know if they give out the pizza menu in the restaurant but we had seen it in our hotel room so we asked and were able to order. Also a hot brownie with ice cream! YUM! Both servers were wonderful, 5 stars each. I believe some gratuity is included in the price, but not enough to cover what great service they give- so we left more. Costa Rican beer - so cold, so good!!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed September 18, 2016

If your looking for a place of fine wine and dine without blowing the budget, then stop by Las Planchas Steakhouse & Bar. A beautiful view of the Costa Rican sceneries, including green mountain and the bluest sky to accompany the Latin music in the background with traditionally dressed waiters. Sweet drinks along with the robust steak of the house make it a Costa Rica favorite.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

I traveled to Costa Rica for a school trip and arrived a day early. We stayed at Hotel Aeropurto and got to have breakfast, lunch and dinner at Las Planchas several times. The service is incredible. The staff are so happy! I'm a vegetarian and they were more than accommodating. The restaurant is a welcoming environment, great for those staying in the hotel and those who are not. The high ceilings and open concept design is beautiful. I had the caprese salad and spring rice, both vegetarian and both delicious!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 25, 2016

We have stayed at this hotel many times and enjoyed the restaurant several times as well. We had typical Costa Rican dishes and they were delicious! My husband enjoys their rice pudding dessert! Our waitress was enjoyable and very helpful in our food selections.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

The food was great and the service was even better. We ate typical Tico dishes and everyone very much enjoyed the food. Portion size was fair, we were all satisfied with our meals. We were able to find some room for dessert and tried the freshly made rice pudding and apple pie. Luis, our waiter, was wildly entertaining. His amiable personality and wonderful sense of humor had us smiling and laughing all night - he even put on a show for us, showing us some dinner tricks. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2015