Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
unctarheelrva

Clean, friendly

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 3, 2024via mobile
The staff is incredibly helpful, kind, friendly, and competent. The rooms and grounds are very clean. Perfect base pre or post arrival or departure. I would recommend and come back. I have no complaints. Everything was spotless. Would stay again for sure!
Date of stay: May 2024
    C$57
2.4 km from Hampton by Hilton San Jose Airport
View more hotels in Alajuela
2,005 results
All reviews stayed here free shuttle san jose costa rica great hotel rental car companies free breakfast shuttle service an early flight rosti pollo clean rooms late arrival next morning one night stay yogurt airport inns
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2024

We stayed here the night we arrived in Costa Rica and night before we left Costa Rica. It is very close the airport. We used the airport shuttle to and from were really pleased with how convenient it was. I was extremely happy with this hotel. It was extremely clean. The beds were comfy, bathrooms seemed brand new, and the A/C was as cold as you want it to be. We ordered room service and it was very good, I had low expectations, but it really was delicious. The free breakfast in the morning was disappointing, make our own waffle, toast, and some fruit were the only things that I wanted to eat, everything else was pretty bad. If we go thru San Jose airport again, I would definitely stay here.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2024

Great hotel by the airport that offers complimentary shuttle to the airport every 15 minutes. Unlike most Hampton Inn, this Hampton Inn also has bar, restaurant and room service in addition to complimentary breakfast. Front desk staff are very friendly, especially Rachael.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2024

I made a Hilton Honors points reservation at this hotel on 3/11/24 for one night because of an unexpected late flight coming into SJO. Already had an Air B&B paid for but needed this hotel as a backup because it's not advised to travel at night to get to my destination. The plane got there a little early, customs & immigrations, and getting the rental car was fast and we had time to drive to our destination. My cell was on a data only planned. I tried to call the hotel direct to cancel the room but the call wouldn’t go through. I tried cancelling the room through my Hilton app but it said that that wasn’t possible. So, I assumed that the hotel would just keep my points but after my trip they didn’t use my points that were used to reserve the room, they charge my credit card $170.63 for the nights stay. Where I’m disappointed in this hotel, I had the Diamond desk call this hotel trying to get me a refund I was instructed by the hotel direct to send them an email explaining what happened and that they would refund me. This was right out of the Diamond desk agent. I was given the email for the hotel, wrote up the details, and I was completely ignored by them. No reply. I waited a week and then responded to all asking for a reply and again, no response. I’ve been a longtime member of Hilton Honor for almost 30 years and have never experience an issue with any Hilton hotel ever before. This speaks highly of the horrible business that the manager/owner runs there. For any response from the hotel protecting their reputation, just remember they refused to accommodate a long-term honor members request for a refund with an understanding reason for wanting a refund with details provided as requested from the hotel. I do not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Just go read other reviews at other sites, google, yelp, etc. For you Honor members when using points for a possible layover round SJO in Costa Rica, just avoid this hotel and choose another! Never stayed there and I never will!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2024

I had a terrible experience staying here - I checked out of room 411 on 18 April at 445am to catch a flight. Within an hour of leaving I realised I left behind a treasured silver ring. Not worth much but was a gift from my dead parents and it means such a lot to me. It was next to the TV, but after calling to report it as lost, I was asked to call back in 10mins while they had a look. I called back and was told it wasn’t there. It absolutely was. I ask that whoever the dishonest staff member was who pocketed my ring has the kindness and decency to hand it in so I can get it back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2024 via mobile

We chose the Hilton as we needed somewhere close to the airport where we could also wash our dirty clothes after a week in the rainforest. The Hilton looked ideal as it has a large self-service laundry room. When we checked in we were told this was not available due to maintenance. We explained this was the reason we had chosen the hotel, and that we would like some sort of compensation or discount, as we had paid over the odds for this hotel, and it would seriously hinder our onward journey back into the wilderness with a family and no clean clothes.
We were told we needed to speak to the manager, but when she arrived she made no apology whatsoever for the laundry room being unavailable, and told us if we were not happy she could cancel our reservation and we could find an alternative hotel. I calmly explained why the laundry room being out of service was a massive inconvenience for us, and that we would now have to find a laundrette in the city. She rudely laughed at this and said we had no chance, as it was a public holiday and everywhere was closed. I pointed out that we should have been informed if the hotel laundry room was out of service.
She told us that because we booked through booking.com she had no way of contacting us. I explained that this is not true, which she then admitted. Unbelievably she then told us that the laundry room was never offered as a service at the hotel on their website. I pointed out that it was (and later found the laundry room, 20 yards from reception!) Absolutely staggered to be lied to twice!
She still refused to apologise, offered again to cancel our reservation (hardly helpful in the heat of the day, with a family, laden with luggage on a public holiday and at last minute prices - which she was no doubt aware of). It left a very bitter taste in our mouths and spoiled our stay. (Ended up spending it hand washing clothes in the shower and trying to dry them over the aircon vent!) Meanwhile the restaurant was chaos in the evening and at breakfast. Not enough tables and far too few staff (although they were very friendly and polite!)

Trip type: Travelled with family