1,023 results
All reviews hiking trails central valley infinity pool ultra villa san jose private jacuzzi costa rica botanical gardens overlooking the valley coffee plantation our honeymoon twinkling lights large balcony beautiful grounds rooms are huge main building before flying home
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I can speak only to the restaurant and attendant staff, since I was staying at Tacacori Ecolodge just 600 meters up the road from the Xandari entrance gate. I made the walk down and up the hill twice and was most glad I did. To start with, the views of Alajuela and the Central Valley from the open-sided Xandari restaurant are fantastic. I really enjoyed the sunset and the lights of the cities below during dinner and the daylight views during lunch. My dinner entree was red snapper Xandari style; it was a generous serving, thoroughly cooked but not dry. The palmito salad and macademia cake were exquisite. The lunch was Taco Alemanda (I would have called it chicken fajitas), with the chicken accompanied by guacamole, black bean frijoles, fresh salsa and tortillas. Nicely presented and, most important, tasty. The service in both cases was very good. I was greeted and seated promptly by a courteous and friendly member of the wait staff who made sure that the dining experience exceeded my expectations. Definitely a place to visit again on future trips to Costa Rica.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank WYbirdwatcher
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We only stayed at Xandari for one night on our way home back to Canada. We were flying out of San Jose airport and Xandari seemed like a great option. Xandari surpassed my expectations and made the end of our holiday as special as all of the other moments. The hotel itself is very unique...lots of colourful art installations everywhere. We were only there for a few short hours but during that time we enjoyed lunch by the pool - with a beautiful view over the valley and San Jose. Then we enjoyed a hike....it was getting dark so we couldn't make it to all the waterfalls on the property, but at least made it to the largest one! We couldn't believe this little paradise existed in such close proximity to San Jose and to the airport. Then we enjoyed a wonderful meal at the restaurant - with a view of the sparkling lights of San Jose - and bought a few souvenirs in their shop. The staff were excellent and because we had an early flight, they packed us a boxed breakfast to take along with us. The little things make all the difference. If you are flying out or into San Jose, I would most definitely recommend Xandari as a stopover...next time I'd like to spend 2 nights!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I was absolutely delighted at this resort, lovely walking trails, excellent restaurant, fabulous staff and do I need to tell you about the Spa? This has it all, located on a hillside with beautiful views. The villas are clean and more than spacious with wonderful views. They grow much of the food they offer in their restaurant. You can stroll through the jungle down to waterfalls or flower gardens and fruit orchards. I understand they opened a beach front property and I plan on visiting someday. You cannot go wrong with this resort. We stayed at three very nice resorts and Xandari was by far the most beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy P
XGerente, Manager at Xandari Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Judy P. Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed Xandari.
In 2007, we opened our 2nd resort and spa, “Xandari by the Pacific,” on the beach at Playa Esterillos Este. Four years later this resort became a part of the Del Pacifico development and no longer relates to Xandari.
We look forward to your return trip to Xandari.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

If you love:
-Artistic, airy rooms with bright colors and unique designs
-High-quality food at a reasonable price (the chocolate terrine and the filet of steak are magnificent)
-Private, thatched-roof spas with views of the central valley
-Friendly, helpful staff
-Clean swimming pools, outdoor showers, lovely walks and waterfalls right outside your door...

...then you will love Xandari.

They manage to blend the outdoor and the indoor perfectly - making you safe and cozy but letting you feel like you are always with nature. A job very well done. I keep going back... and I never get tired of it. Amazing that you can find something this lovely so close to the airport. A really relaxing spot that just feels good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OsoGata
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The Xandari resort and spa was the first stop on our honeymoon and was lovely. The setting is beautiful, with great views from the room balconies and from the restaurant (especially looking down on the city at night). Our room was big and tasteful, and we had a lovely outdoor area. The gardens are stunning and there are great trails onsite - we saw lots of birds. The food was lovely, particularly breakfast and lunch (try the "tower of health" for breakfast). Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple