“The perfect economy airport hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica

Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Alajuela
Exeter, Uk
“The perfect economy airport hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We arrived in San Jose Airport at 10.30pm after travelling for twenty hours so we were weary and just wanted to get our heads down. What could be easier than following the clear instructions from the hotel to take a taxi (they even described the uniform of the driver) to the hotel and they would pay the fee. We were soon in our pleasant clean room overlooking the pool and we slept well. The next morning we had a good breakfast and a smart minibus took us to the airport - again free. Very convenient and really good value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The staff is nice, the hotel is clean and the shuttle to the airport is free and on-time. The decor is dated and the pool needed a good cleaning (unlike the last time we stayed here). But for convenience and price, I'd probably recommend it and stay here again.

Room Tip: The whole place is set back from the road with walls surrounding the property, so any room is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ShaariP
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel looks nice on the pictures but it is not very well maintained and it is dirty! I found pubic hair after a previous guest in a bathtub and believe me, it was hard to miss it. I swam in the pool and got an ear infection because of the bacteria in the water (doctor's opinion). I am a budget traveler and I have only one requirement when it comes to standard: cleanness. I am not concern about luxuries, I am not high maintenance or a complainer that will find something in everything, etc. And one thing I know for sure - I would never choose this place again. Other things that add up to bad experience which I would normally didn't even notice: they offer you a morning wake up call, but forget to do it, mine was 10 minutes later and only one ring. when you run on the airport it matters, good that I set up my own alarm clock. In the evening I was told that shuttle to the airport runs every 10 minutes. In the morning I found out that it runs every 30 minutes. On the positive note the food in the restaurant is good and not that expensive and staff is nice. That's about it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel the first and last nights of our trip. I made this selection based onTrip Advisor reviews and the desire to experience a local hotel. First, the location is not the best. It is located on a heavily traveled road in the middle of an industrial area. Once at the hotel, there is absolutely nothing else so you really don't want to leave. The rooms are very basic and do have a musty, unappealing odor. If you are looking for just an affordable bedroom and free transport to and from the airport, this is your place. I will look for a different place to stay next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and I choose this hotel as a stop over point on our coast to coast trip (Puerto Viejo to Samara). The hotel was nice, check in was fast and efficient. The restaurant was open when we arrived (9pm) and the staff all around was very good. The shower was the best we had in Costa Rica. There was a pool, but we didn't use it as our time was short, but it looked nice.

Jupiter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My wife and I travel often and planned our last day/nite of our one week trip to Costa Rica at this hotel. Check-in was fine, the room was ready for us. Upon inspection a bit dated but overall clean. The grounds were pleasant with small gardens and colorful plants along with a ok pool. I chose this hotel over several others after reading about the restaurant and I wanted our last dinner to be a good one as I envisioned us staying at the hotel to eat. The restaurant advertises itself as a steakhouse and this is noted on their menu. We were planning on getting a good medium-rare steak and not your typical tico food of rice/beans. The t-bone was about $24 each and we ordered 2. If you factor in the automatic 10% tip and 13% tax plus wine this was going to be one of the most expensive meals of our trip. We made sure to explain we wanted the steaks medium rare to our waiter who repeated back to us that he understood our order. When he returned with our food we quickly sliced into the meat and noted it was cooked well-done. We explained this to our waiter who took the order back. After several minutes in the kitchen he came back and told us there is only 1 t-bone left which I ordered and my wife ordered the sirloin. I kept my order at medium-rare and she changed hers to rare just in case it was over-cooked again. When he returned the steaks were once again overcooked well done. He was flabbergasted that we were not happy and rushed away with our plates to the kitchen never to be seen again for nearly 20 minutes. I finally asked the other waiter where our waiter was and he said he "was speaking". This other waiter then came to our table a few minutes later. We promptly got up after asking why our waiter did not return to discuss the meal. We left the restaurant and notified the front desk manager we were not paying for either meal due to the screw up by the chef. We told her we understand it is not the waiter's fault but he never returned to our table to assist us. This bizarre behavior contributed to our overall distaste for the hotel and we really wanted to leave as soon as possible. So, I guess if you go and decide to eat at the "steakhouse" stick to the tico food and do not order medium-rare steak!

Monkey Mia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

This hotel was booked with one criteria in mind, close to the airport as we were enduring a three day return to Australia from Cuba, after 30+ days of traveling Costa Rica/Cuba. We got a whole lot more. Large comfortable room, pool, good restaurant, great garden setting (although the hotel location seemed to be in an industrial area) and staff that could not do enough for us, offering options for dining, shopping or activities. We ask about a massage and before you know it, Jessica from Avaneesh Natural Theraphy Center, is on site to take on the task. Hotel arranged for late checkout to enable relax time and showering after treatment. Thanks for the great experience.