Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Judy
North Bend, Washington

Perfect airport hotel in San Jose CR

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 2, 2023via mobile
As out flight was landing late in the evening, we chose to spend our first night in Costa Rica here at Hotel Aeropuerto. It was a perfect choice with all of the conveniences you need in an airport hotel without that big chain feel or price. Locally owned and run, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the garden was delicious and our free shuttle to the car rental was waiting for us at our scheduled time.
C$130
7.6 km from Hotel Aeropuerto
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
  • Booking.com
View more hotels in Alajuela
All reviews san jose costa rica free shuttle air conditioning late flight near airport last night beds were comfortable an oasis next morning car rental grounds driver
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2023 via mobile

Very supportive and friendly staff. The restaurant for early dinner was good. Dark local brew beer very tasty. Prices were reasonable. Pulled pork sandwich was very tasty. Breakfast was standard fare but good. Beds were comfortable. Our room was quiet. Price was reasonable. Complaints: ice machine needs to be available to guests without going to the owner's house next door. Taxi to airport was very cramped. Too many guests with baggage required some bags to be stored on top of van. Everyone was stuffed into the van. Having said this, we will stay there again next year.

Reviewed March 13, 2023 via mobile

We decided to go with a non chain hotel near the airport in San Jose. As it turns out, this is the closest to the airport.
Very nice setting, beautiful gardens, rooms are perfect with AC.
And an added bonus is the microbrewery on the same site!
When we arrived in San Jose, we booked a room with breakfast, which was great before our driver picked us up to go to Jaco.
At the end of the month, we booked the same hotel ,arriving in the afternoon.
Had a great supper in the brewery and a tried a few of their beers. Also tasted some of the different flavours of kombucha.
I would easily recommend this hotel as a stopover in San Jose.

Room tip: It is very secure, the gates are locked at night. Between 5 and 10 minute cab ride to airport. They are happy to arrange a cab for you, any
Reviewed March 1, 2023

This is a nice hotel conveniently located near the airport. They offer shuttle service to and from the airport. The facility isn't as grand as it once was, but everything was clean and well appointed. They had a good restaurant on premise, which was nice so we didn't have to go out after a long day of touring the area.

Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aerete
Reviewed February 20, 2023 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Aeropuerto for a night after a 10pm landing at the airport from a long journey. This hotel is the perfect place to crash in San José for a night.

Clean, friendly staff and a tasty breakfast, it’s everything you need after a long day’s travel. Great value for money.

On arrival at the airport, our hotel shuttle was waiting for us and was easy to find. The airport is about a 10 minute drive (if that) from the airport, which is so handy after a long day.

The hotel is well-served by all major shuttles, so ours picked us up to take us to La Fortuna the next morning without any problems. Would recommend!

Date of stay: February 2023
Reviewed January 15, 2023

Problems began at the get go. I requested the hotel shuttle to pick us up at the airport - it was not there for pick up - we had to waste another 40 minutes at the airport looking for cabs etc after an excruciating long day. Our flight was late, we were almost the last off, and baggage was slow - seems to me the hotel should have been aware of the late flight arrival and had the shuttle wait.

Got to the hotel - I had already paid when I reserved - my husband checked us in and got the keys and remotes for AC. Neither AC remote in our two rooms worked. Went back to front desk. They were mixed up. Remote for my son's room now worked - ours did not. Front desk guy went and came back with 5 or 6 remotes - found the one that turned on our AC - but would not leave the remote with us because he only had one battery for all the remotes he had in his hand. We set remote for 19 degrees and he left with all remotes in his hand.

I went down to the front desk at about 11:15 to tell him it was too cold in our room and ask a question, and get a drink which had to be paid for at the front desk. No one there. I wandered around looking for him - but could not find him. I assumed he had left - but it says on their website site that there is 24 hour front desk service. Who knows! The following morning we went to the front desk and had someone come and turn the AC off. It was freezing in our room.

No hot water in the shower.

The rooms were marginal - some of the plugs ins did not work, one plug cover in our room was barely covering the hole in the wall - great place for bugs to get through - although I was able to move the cover and cover the hole.

Sheets on one bed were stained - clearly washed - but stain was obviously permanent and enough that I could still see it. I put my airplane blanket on the other bed to lay over the bottom sheet, my scarf wrapped around the pillow, and slept in my clothes. Again, the rooms felt dated and 'tacky' for lack of a better word.

I shared how awful our stay had been with someone at the front desk - the next morning - about 9:45 a.m. I also shared that the website makes it sound like breakfast buffet was included - or at least it did to me when I read it. I don't know if it can be included upon booking a room, but our room rate did not include same. She showed me the piece of paper that my husband was shown when we checked in - with a few lines saying when the restaurant was open. Restaurant was closed at 9:30 a.m. I shared that we had been up and travelling the day before from 3 a.m. until 10 p.m. when we arrived at the hotel, and reading the first few lines of a piece of paper - knowing we had already paid etc - was not the most important thing at that time. I suggested they could possibility type up a note in at least Spanish and English - in large font - and laminate same and put on the check in counter, or on the door when you came in - or something where guests might actually see it. Truth is - I'm not sure I would have eaten there anyway - given our stay.

I did ask for help with getting a person in a wheelchair into the van we had hired to take us to another destination - the front desk called somebody on site who came and helped the van driver get this individual and his chair into the van. This was greatly appreciated, and he was tipped for his help.

I am so glad this was a one night stay - in transit only. I will definetely not be booking there again on trips through San Jose.

Date of stay: January 2023