“Good Costa Rican Food”

Coffee Dreams Cafe
Ranked #29 of 239 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Good food, reasonably priced. Staff was kind and patient. They did not speak English, but with patience they were able to understand me, and I, them. I made some inquires as to the names of drinks and dishes I saw other people having and accordingly made a decision on my order and I was not disappointed. Overall it was a good experience.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed July 14, 2017

I gave it a 5 because the espresso is really top notch

The cafe accommodated us even when we arrived late - when they were about to close, thus, we had an exclusive private experience

The place is well maintained - old/traditional spanish-çolonial decor, floors, tiles, chairs, photo frames even tiny detail of the stairs and metal and wood carvings - utensils & presentation is dainty

Price matches what you pay for -- its not cheap, but really good food

Pastry highlights Costa Rican style, even the Mocha Cake we ordered had different texture but matched the strong solid taste of the espresso !!!

so far our experienced was more than great!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed February 9, 2017

I would say if you want to sample typical Costa Rican food this would be a good choice.Big variety at reasonable prices and all our choices tasted good. Service was friendly. Also nice location to just sit and enjoy a cup of coffee.Highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Located in the centre of Alajuela this restaurant has good food and of course coffee! The service is good, and the prices very reasonable.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Nice cafe offering friendly service in a comfortable setting. Traditional meals like casados are available, along with fancier dishes like sea bass. Pork tamales are especially good -- though you will of course pay a premium for enjoying them here rather than on a stool at the nearby market. Coffee is also quite good. Definitely a nice place to relax and enjoy a hearty meal.

Date of visit: June 2016